shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got a tennis bracelet after wanting one for 20+ years

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a while since I visited or posted here (I found reading posts and seeing everyone's sparklies was making me too obsessed about getting MORE jewelry that I didn't need!).

I've wanted a tennis bracelet for as long as I can remember. At one point, I felt like they were out of style. Then I felt like I wouldn't wear one. But I never stopped thinking about how pretty they were. I knew I wanted something fairly dainty. I don't wear much jewelry (even less since I started working from home over a year ago), so I wanted it to be simple and not too expensive, as we're currently building a house and I didn't want to spend a fortune on it. I decided to buy a "starter bracelet" that I could upgrade if/when I wanted to.

I really wanted to go with WF, but the price was out of range for me. I found a NYC jeweler that had just opened their online store due to COVID (they've been in business for over 20 years) and they were running a promotion. I found one that I thought would be perfect, so I took a chance on it. It was 2.87ct, F/G, VS2/SI1. I loved it when I received it but it was way too long at 7". I sent it back to have it shortened and then decided to have them send me the same bracelet in 3.30ct, shortened to 6.5", since it was only a couple hundred dollars more. That one arrived and had a different clasp on it that I hated (I had not even thought to ask if the clasp was the same as the first one). I sent it back and the one they had in stock with the clasp I loved was a 3.48ct. I had them shorten that one to 6.5" and I love it! It's very sparkly and dainty. I've been wearing it nonstop, but am wondering if it's a good idea to wear it to sleep in. I also think it may still be a tad too long, but plan to wear it for a couple of weeks and if I decide to shorten it, I'll just take it to a local jeweler.

Thoughts on whether it's too long? And should I not sleep in it? Thanks for letting me share! These photos do not come close to showing how sparkly and pretty it is!

bracelet.jpg bracelet2.jpg bracelet3.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations in your purchase!

I too lusted for a diamond tennis bracelet for years, and thought my desire for one would diminish once I had my other diamond bracelets, to find that was not the case.

So I bought one last year, and am very happy with mine.

With regard to the length of the bracelet and how tight/loose it sits on the wrist, it is very much a personal choice, depending upon whether one is wearing the bracelet on its own or stacked with others.

As for sleeping with the bracelet on, again, another personal choice. I take all my jewellery off when I go to bed except for my Fitbit watch as it tracks my sleep patterns.

Enjoy your bracelet!

DK :))

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a video and tried to post it, but it won't let me upload!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful new bracelet. It looks lovely on you. I am very careful with my bracelets and do take them off at night but that is certainly a personal choice as is the length.
I prefer to stack and like my a little big but not so much that they roll over the others.
Enjoy your much awaited bling!,

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a while since I visited or posted here (I found reading posts and seeing everyone's sparklies was making me too obsessed about getting MORE jewelry that I didn't need!).

I've wanted a tennis bracelet for as long as I can remember. At one point, I felt like they were out of style. Then I felt like I wouldn't wear one. But I never stopped thinking about how pretty they were. I knew I wanted something fairly dainty. I don't wear much jewelry (even less since I started working from home over a year ago), so I wanted it to be simple and not too expensive, as we're currently building a house and I didn't want to spend a fortune on it. I decided to buy a "starter bracelet" that I could upgrade if/when I wanted to.

I really wanted to go with WF, but the price was out of range for me. I found a NYC jeweler that had just opened their online store due to COVID (they've been in business for over 20 years) and they were running a promotion. I found one that I thought would be perfect, so I took a chance on it. It was 2.87ct, F/G, VS2/SI1. I loved it when I received it but it was way too long at 7". I sent it back to have it shortened and then decided to have them send me the same bracelet in 3.30ct, shortened to 6.5", since it was only a couple hundred dollars more. That one arrived and had a different clasp on it that I hated (I had not even thought to ask if the clasp was the same as the first one). I sent it back and the one they had in stock with the clasp I loved was a 3.48ct. I had them shorten that one to 6.5" and I love it! It's very sparkly and dainty. I've been wearing it nonstop, but am wondering if it's a good idea to wear it to sleep in. I also think it may still be a tad too long, but plan to wear it for a couple of weeks and if I decide to shorten it, I'll just take it to a local jeweler.

Thoughts on whether it's too long? And should I not sleep in it? Thanks for letting me share! These photos do not come close to showing how sparkly and pretty it is!

bracelet.jpg bracelet2.jpg bracelet3.jpg

It’s beautiful. Don’t wear any jewelry to sleep. The prongs might snag.

do you want to share the name of the store?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a video and tried to post it, but it won't let me upload!

You have to post to IG and then come here and tell us your IG name. That is what I do anyway

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your new bracelet! It’s beautiful!! The first pic appears that it is too big. I guess that’s a preference though. I think you're smart to wear for a bit and decide over time. Enjoy!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your wonderful and beautiful purchase.
I tend to wear mine 24/ 7 - why not!
Every now and then I take it off and put it away for a few weeks and then get it back out. That way I can fall in love with it again and again.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Its so much fun to have a new sparkly to liven up our day-to-day lives.

Enjoy!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So good to see you back again @katiedid! Your bracelet is stunning! I can't stand bracelets that are too tight, especially now in summer, so I'd keep a bit of extra length. But does it bother you? It certainly doesn't look too long.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your nice and helpful comments (and for the welcome back - I've missed you all)! I can't decide if I want it a little shorter or not. I feel like it's a little longer than I want, but I've never really had a bracelet I wore very much. And it's winter time and cold, so maybe it wouldn't feel as large in hot humid weather. I just don't want it to get snagged on something by being too long and hanging down. And it rides up kindof high on my arm at the length it's at now.

I think those of you who said not to wear it to bed are probably right about it possibly getting damaged - either a prong catching or possibly getting bent the wrong way without me noticing. I guess I'll start taking it off at night. I was just concerned it would wear out the clasp to take it off every day. Again, thanks for the feedback - now I just need to add it to my insurance policy before I forget!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful bracelets
20 years is a long time to wait
congradulations and wear it in good health and happiness =)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Enjoy your lovely new sparkly. It looks wonderful on you. Tennis bracelets are a great staple.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond tennis bracelet is always a classic! Enjoy!

PS: I take mine off at night.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I wear lots of bracelets & my general rule is that i like them tight enough not to drop over my hand too far. Even just over the heel of my palm annoys me, but that's just a personal choice.

Congratulations & enjoy the heck out of it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@katiedid I remember you - so good to see you again! Your bracelet is just beautiful. So nice to finally get something that you have wanted for so long. Hope you can stick around!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
@katiedid So happy to see you get the tennis bracelet. Enjoy it and keep it on as long as you want. I never take mine off at night but then I never wear any bracelet for more than 2 weeks at a time.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So good to be back here and read all of these nice comments. Thank you all! <3

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bracelet, congratulations! I'm in the take it off at night camp.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty and looks very feminine on you!

Take off at night!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet looks beautiful!!! I’ve had a tennis bracelet for 15 years. Here’s my experience:
I would take it off only to shower. Maybe that loosened the clasp, bc one day it fell off and was gone. I replaced it and had a second clasp added this time. I take it off only to clean it. To each her own, but I’ve had this one on for 5 years now. I prefer mine to not have too much slack btw - personal choice.
Enjoy it and make the decision that’s right for you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perfect and looks perfect on you!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats @katiedid ! The bracelet looks beautiful on you.

I love my tennis bracelets but can't go to bed with jewelry on.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet is beautiful! I love the 4 prong setting, and I really like the idea of a more dainty one for every day wear.

Measure your wrist. I wouldn't have the length of the bracelet more than 1" larger than your wrist. For example, my wrist is 6" and I can wear a standard 7" bracelet. Some people like them more closely fitting, but I like the +1", personally.

I never sleep in any fine jewelry. You can always replace the clasp in the future, of needed. I hope it has the extra safety clasp, and if so, I wouldn't worry about both clasps failing at the same time. In a few years, have a jeweler check it. But since you plan to add it to your insurance, you won't have to worry so much about losing it.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! It's a classic stunner.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Sure! The name of the store is Matinee Jewelry in the diamond district.

I have many pieces from this store, including my original e-ring and wedding band. And I've brought a lot of people to buy from them too.

I'm glad to see you loving your new tennis bracelet, I looked at a couple last time I was there. :)

Wear in good health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results