shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT FINALLY! (Gorgeous!) new fishtail pave set from WF. ..

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Onedrop (my fishtail twin!
2.gif
) and Stone Hunter,

Thanks for the notes and the compliments on my rings and photos. I appreciate it!

Onedrop, you'll probably think of that question at 2am!
2.gif
Well, when you do remember it, just ask!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lynn...I hope you are around sometime and see this...I just have a quick question for you.

First off...I think your new setting is unbelievable. Truly is stunning. I have poured over your pics many times (and there are a lot of amazing pictures!) and just have one question. I find the width of the band is hard to see in the pictures (either super close up, or in the wax), and while I know they are 2.0/2.1 mm wide, they seem to be a little thicker. Just in your opinion...how do you think your style/size of band would look with a 1.5 --> 1.7 carat diamond? I know it is just an opinion...but after looking at the work you have put into this, I would really trust yours!

The only small band I''ve tried on before was the Ritani Endless Love, and I really like how BIG the diamond looked, and on my size 6 fingers, I''ll take what I can get to make it look huge!! :)

Thanks for your help!
35.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2006 3:31:54 PM
Author: sunshine14
Hi Lynn...I hope you are around sometime and see this...I just have a quick question for you.

First off...I think your new setting is unbelievable. Truly is stunning. I have poured over your pics many times (and there are a lot of amazing pictures!) and just have one question. I find the width of the band is hard to see in the pictures (either super close up, or in the wax), and while I know they are 2.0/2.1 mm wide, they seem to be a little thicker. Just in your opinion...how do you think your style/size of band would look with a 1.5 --> 1.7 carat diamond? I know it is just an opinion...but after looking at the work you have put into this, I would really trust yours!

The only small band I've tried on before was the Ritani Endless Love, and I really like how BIG the diamond looked, and on my size 6 fingers, I'll take what I can get to make it look huge!! :)

Thanks for your help!
35.gif
Hey Sunshine! Happy to help.

Well, I never measured my rings with calipers so I only know what WF told me about the width!
2.gif
But I do think it is spot on, because my other set was 2.3mm wide and I see a visible difference. It's probably just the extreme macro magnification in all the photos giving you the illusion of the rings being a little wider. But believe me, in person, they are quite thin and delicate.

And YES! I think this style would look GORGEOUS with a 1.5-1.7 stone! YUM-O! That is a VERY nice size diamond. My first diamond was a 1.53 and I think it would have looked awesome in this setting. In fact, I saw a MB ring once (my rings look an awful lot like those) with a 1.5'ish stone and it was beautiful.
30.gif

I hope this helped. If you have any other questions, please let me know. And do keep us posted on what you decide!
1.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
It never ceases to amaze me how NICE everyone on this forum is!! I am in the process of settling on a custom setting and am most interested in one like yours! It''s tough since I am in Canada and that makes it a bit of a nerve wracking process, but I really don''t trust just anyone to make something like this!!

I will definitely keep you posted on the progress...it may be slow, but its on its way!! Thanks again for your advice!

Sunshine

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Also...if you have seen the Ritani Endless Love setting (no halo)...how would you compare the two? I know that the diamonds on the band of the Ritani are super tiny and don''t really even sparkle all that much...but I do think it is pretty beautiful. What do you think? It is a pretty significant price difference...so just wondering if you could compare the two.

As always, thanks!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sunshine

here's a comparison shot of Lynn's beauty with Mara's friend's Ritani Endless love ( with a 1.60 sized stone)

46.jpg
vivi%20wf%20b.jpg

TheReset13.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I'd post a couple photos taken recently. This one was taken on an aloe vera leaf!
Gosh, I still do SO ADORE these rings!!!
30.gif
I LOVE that feeling!
2.gif

107YAY.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Last one. Nothing too fancy or "all star", but *purdy*, I thought!
2.gif

And I've got some (photo) ideas, so stay tuned...
1.gif

106YAY.jpg

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lynn, your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I''m new here and i don''t know what WF is. Would you mind telling me where you bought it from?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 7:50:06 PM
Author: Ladyoflovers
Hi Lynn, your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I''m new here and i don''t know what WF is. Would you mind telling me where you bought it from?
Welcome to PS!
Thank you for the compliment.
WF is Whiteflash, a very well-respected PS vendor, located in Texas. JohnQuixote is an employee and frequent poster here on PS.
www.whiteflash.com

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
more pics lynn!!
2.gif
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Took a couple new photos a few weeks ago, but vacation, work, and *LIFE* in general kept me from posting.
2.gif

Again, nothing tooooo extraordinary here (after my photographic "magnum opus" [the avatar shot], I guess there's no way but down...
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
) but some people had requested more full hand shots. So, here goes...

109.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Pretty colors in the diamond!
30.gif

Hmmmm, I maybe oughtta add this one to the FIRE thread...

110.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

111a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I just have one question, please, sir...

I adore my ring, you guys all know I do... but how come everyone else''s 2 carat''ers look sooooooo much bigger on THEIR finger????? (* whine, whine*)
39.gif

112.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

113.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

114.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

115.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Almost done...

116a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
All done for now.
Thanks for lookin''!
2.gif

108a.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That diamond and that ring are just so incredible. Keep posting pictures, Lynn. I love to look at them!

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lynn, I LOVE your ring. I have pics of it saved on my hard drive from back when I was considering different design elements to incorporate into my setting. I LOVE the fishtail pave and LOW spready setting of center stone. It''s gorgeous and unique. I really wanted fishtail, but also wanted two rows of diamonds, and I think fishtail works best with odd numbers of rows. Your hands are tiny, aren''t they. I compared mine to your "actual size" pics from awhile back. I know our monitors might not be the same, but your hands seem tiny. Anyways, your rings are FABULOUS!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
umm lynn it is big girl!!! and looks huge on you!!!!

awesome pictures as usual!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, BC, and Mara,

Thanks for the sweet words!

BC, I guess my hands probably are on the smallish size... although not extremely so. Ring size 4.75.

And Miss Mara, I wish I could see it... believe me, I am TRYING to see it, I WAAAAAANT to see it... but the darn thing just does NOT look "HUGE" to me!!!
20.gif
14.gif
39.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 4:35:51 PM
Author: Lynn B
Pretty colors in the diamond!
30.gif

Hmmmm, I maybe oughtta add this one to the FIRE thread...
This is a money shot - yummy! Love the colors coming out of that beauty!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pics. Lynn, do you wear your ring 24/7? Do you wear them to sleep? Just curious to know if you do wear them to sleep, do they get caught on anything?

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
oh Lynn if I had that stone I wouldn''t be able to stop staring at it! It''s really beautiful.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! You J girls have really converted me! Love the classic, yet sparkly setting and band. Looks wonderful on your hand!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 7:41:01 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Love the new pics. Lynn, do you wear your ring 24/7? Do you wear them to sleep? Just curious to know if you do wear them to sleep, do they get caught on anything?
No, GG... I don''t wear the rings when I sleep, shower, work around the house or garden, or go to the gym. But otherwise, yes.

And no, they never catch on anything. They are very comfortable and very easy to wear.

Thanks to the rest of you who posted the kind comments. I appreciate it. And OH YEAH, I do adore my "J"!
30.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Doctor, more bling stat! Lynn has DSS!!!! Oh no!!!

(your ring is honkin'' huge on your hand. I drool with envy over it, I love love love lurrrrrrrrrrv the size of your ring. and your setting? Bellissima!)

Diver

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results