shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally getting my reset.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you may know, last year I was desperate to change my yellow gold engagement ring to white gold. I considered all options, from rhodium plating it, to having a reset...in the end I made a hasty decision and purchased a white gold ring to wear in its place.

Big mistake. I spent a fortune on this ring and have come to really dislike it. It was invisible set, very blocky and square.

When trying on wedding rings it felt really uncomfortable next to them as it was a thick band, my fingers could not close properly and it left a gap between my fingers. The wedding band I have chosen is quite flat so this ring on top made my finger reall uncomfy.

So I am in the process of trying to sell on the ring I bought.

Anyway, today my yellow gold solitaire goes in for a reset. I have spoken to the jeweller who will do this for me. He has gone through details with me and is ready yo have my diamond reset into a much more pretty and comfortable setting.

My diamond is only a modest 0.33 carat stone, it will be set in a four prong setting with channel set diamond shoulders.

I can''t wait!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
Congrats Merrymunky, that is such exciting news for you. Can''t wait to see the pics when it''s all set and on your finger again. I''m sure it will be beautiful!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I went through the same thing last year. I wanted to change to white gold and looked into the dipping also. I ended up with a whole new setting and love it. I hope your ring sells and I''m excited for your reset. Please post some pictures when its done
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I will. Just going to be a nightmare waiting for at least 3 weeks.

My poor finger will look bare. I think I will wear one of my eternity style rings in the meantime.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so just to give you all some picture references:

Here is my original and pretty 18ct yellow gold 0.33 diamond ring.

emmaoriginalering1.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the set I bought last year to wear in its place.

myringsetpromo1.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
And here is what the reset will (hopefully!!) look like:

r1-138_1.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
And a side view.

I love how the diamond appears to float in the open setting.

Initially I liked the look of a slightly different syle. Same basic settings, but the band was wider and the diamonds were slightly bigger on the shoulders, however, they did not go as far round the band.

After a lot of deliberatio and chat with the jeweller I have decided to go with this setting instead though. It is a thinner band, but the diamonds go round the whole half of the band. It is delicate and pretty in real life.

I have the chance to change my mind and go for the other setting though. By next week the actual ring will be cast without the stones. I will go try it on, see how it feels, then he will take in my ring and have the stones all set, then plate and polish the white gold.

So exciting!

r1-138-1_1.jpg

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
So pretty and so exciting!
36.gif
Congrats!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure that your reset will be just gorgeous...I look forward to seeing your handshots once it is all complete
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies.

I am looking forward to seeing it finished. As it is a style they handmake I have been able to see and try on one with the same size centre stone as mine. Even though it was a few sizes too small for my fat fingers I got a really good idea of how it will look. As I say, I was leaning towards the chunkier banded one, but at the end of the day, my fingers ae not that long, my wedding band is 5mm and if I want to wear an eternity ring in future also, there will not be much room. This band will be approx 2.2 mm. About the same as my original e ring.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring looks like it will be gorgeous. You can keep yourself busy on here for the next 3 weeks. That''s how I got hooked
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhhh, merrymunky! that''s a gorgeous gorgeous ring, and i think you are really going to be so happy with your new reset!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the reset. It''ll be beautiful!

DKinLA

Rough_Rock
Oh that is stunning! I love how the diamond floats too. Very nice choice.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! Can''t wait to see it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be beautiful!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s sooo pretty can''t wait to see it..
1.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
That will be beautiful! I can''t wait to see!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, your reset looks like it will be so pretty! I''m excited to see the finished product.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it MM, and I can''t wait to see pics once you get it.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your new reset will be gorgeous!! Can''t wait to see the finished product!!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting!!!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new reset looks STUNNING!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that will look so beautiful! I can''t wait to see your hand shots

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
The ring cast has arrived at the shop so today after work I popped in to have a look. I was pre warned that it was a very rough model and they were not wrong! However, it is SO interesting to see the ring in its rawest state, before setting the stones, removing the tabs, smoothing out the ring, rhodium plating and polishing it.

It makes me appreciated the craftsmanship all the more.They got out the finished model from the shop window for me to compare against too and I am still very impressed with the finished ring. It is so delicate, which I did not think would work for someone with a ring size of 8.5! (UK R).

So now they have my original engagement ring and in 2 weeks I should recieve a phone call to go collect my brand new ring.

We had a look at wedding band options too. There is a beautiful channel set wedding band with round cut diamonds set 60% of the way round the band in matching flat court style. The only draw back for me is that it is too narrow at 2-2.5 mm. They would be able to have one made in a chunkier width. We had a few out to compare widths to the engagement ring and agree that 3-3.55 mm max would be idea. 4mm would be too chunky and take away from the delicacy and beauty of the e.ring. It is odd because I always saw myself with a chunkier band.

It looks as though I may be cancelling the order on the wedding band I have already chosen and going with a custom one instead.

I am so excited!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's really exciting news! Cannot wait to see it when it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results