shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally finished e-Ring

rimshotsnap

Rough_Rock
Over the last several months, you all have given me a crash course in gems and jewelry and helped me create my engagement ring. It was a struggle and a rush, but ultimately I'm very happy with how it turned out and wanted to share the finished product. My apologies for the awful iphone/kitchen counter photography.

Some of you may recall I was initially looking for an alexandrite for symbolic purposes, but couldn't find one I liked within my budget. So the small purplish stone is an alexandrite bought from Roger Dery that is a pretty teal in daylight. The sapphire was not my first choice, but it comes from a local jewelry store (my girlfriend's first choice... it is dark, but very well saturated and gorgeous when it gets some light. The setting is platinum and was custom made by my jeweler in the Bay Area with pave diamonds. We wanted to have a bit of an ocean motif, with the hidden alexandrite, and some classic sparkle that I know she loves. I think it all came together!

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks again to everyone for your help along the way. It was a great learning experience for me, and now I'm hooked on this gemstone thing!

img_0107.jpg

img_0110.jpg

img_0112.jpg

img_9553.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your girlfriend must be thrilled at your thoughtfulness and the time and effort you put into creating such a lovely ring for her.

I like the symbolism of the waves in your unique design. And you managed to get an alexandrite after all!
Congratulations on your engagement.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad that you came back to post about the final product! The ring is beautiful, and most importantly SHE loves it and it symbolizes your careful planning and love for her. I love that you managed to include an alexandrite after all, that's so wonderful. Congrats! :appl:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
A great result after some careful planning. I too love how you managed to sneak that alexandrite in there! Thanks for sharing with us.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for coming back to show us! I love the result and the symbolism behind it - very beautiful. :appl: Looking forward to handshots...

Coralfish

Shiny_Rock
I love the ajoure underneath the diamonds - hallmark of a very good goldsmith. He or she also managed to incorporate the wave element and alexandrite graciously. Let us know what sort of wedding band you plan to go with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results