shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally done! 3.11ct Fancy Grey in its forever home.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it, the only change I would have made would be to add a converting shank.
Thanks! It’s a bit too big for me to want to wear as a ring. Is that what a converting shank is for?

If it continues to flip maybe you can the pin it to your shirt even though you are wearing it on a chain. I was thinking maybe you can slip on a thin weight on the back of the pin. Just thinking out loud..
Haha! I thought that too! But thought it might look too odd.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love it!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gawd no - 2 left thumbs here, so it’s being outsourced to the pros! I tried doing a mock-up with beads on elastic and my craft skills didn’t even do the cheap as chips beads justice...

Mind if I ask who the pros are and if they are also sourcing the Tahitians for you? I can imagine doing something similar down the road..

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mind if I ask who the pros are and if they are also sourcing the Tahitians for you? I can imagine doing something similar down the road..

They’re currently winging their way to Pearl Paradise for a quote - to set on a long chain and source a small number of accent Tahitians to complement them. If you like, I’m happy to let you know the quote via @yssie (if she’s happy to act as middleman?!) so you have a ballpark for future planning? I got roughly the same number as you so it could be a good guideline.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re currently winging their way to Pearl Paradise for a quote - to set on a long chain and source a small number of accent Tahitians to complement them. If you like, I’m happy to let you know the quote via @yssie (if she’s happy to act as middleman?!) so you have a ballpark for future planning? I got roughly the same number as you so it could be a good guideline.

Haha we make Yssie sound like our bling dealer. I appreciate the offer though my timeline will probably be far enough into the future that a quote now might not be a fair reflection. Also I may end up keeping them as a bracelet forever since I’m having so much fun staring at them. But super good to know that Pearl Paradise does custom work like that! Hmmm

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha we make Yssie sound like our bling dealer. I appreciate the offer though my timeline will probably be far enough into the future that a quote now might not be a fair reflection. Also I may end up keeping them as a bracelet forever since I’m having so much fun staring at them. But super good to know that Pearl Paradise does custom work like that! Hmmm

Oh, I’m with you on being able to see them. These babies are going onto a long chain so I can see them myself - not quite such a perfect view as in a bracelet, but good enough!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @MakingTheGrade! Your gorgeous gray diamond is set in such a lovely, unique way with the MOP. I love how versatile this jewel is for you!

Thanks!
I don’t know why MoP isn’t used more in fine jewelry. It’s so pretty! Maybe because it doesn’t last forever since it’s an organic material?

I read a fun comment once that said on a galactic scale, pearls are more rare than any diamond or gemstone since it requires life. I thought that was a beautiful sentiment.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!
I don’t know why MoP isn’t used more in fine jewelry. It’s so pretty! Maybe because it doesn’t last forever since it’s an organic material?

I read a fun comment once that said on a galactic scale, pearls are more rare than any diamond or gemstone since it requires life. I thought that was a beautiful sentiment.

I love that comment as I love pearl and MOP!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that brooch is everything!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look AMAZING! I love the brooch and your pearl bracelet together. Just stunning.
Thanks! I haven’t had the time or excuse to dress up for anything in months so it was a luxury to put on a nice dress and new bling. The dress is a little too daring and low cut so the brooch turned out to be a great solution. Just the right touch of scandalous haha.

Omg that brooch is everything!
Haha I wouldn’t know the wonders of brooches if not for PS! Would never have gotten a big fancy gray diamond either for that matter haha

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Dang girl! You look beautiful and stunning and that brooch is just perfection! Enjoy your bling evening!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. Trying to solve the problem of it flipping/twisting and awaiting some various width chains to come in.

In the meantime more color comp pics. By itself most people (at least my spouse and friends, eager eyed PSers may differ) don’t realize it’s not a standard white diamond. I usuallly have to put it next to one to show people. But then once they see it they go “ohhhhhh” and can’t unsee it haha.

4B6368AE-9636-4ACA-ABA9-6F0C9A36274B.jpeg BEDD8D46-62DC-4D79-B6A1-5D472821F1AC.jpeg C236C81A-4BF4-4937-9CEE-B2FF0F1D3DA3.jpeg EACFB615-50EF-4E11-9AD3-A69F4B6B1C35.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrr. It still twists. Maybe at this length it’s just unavoidable unless I’m willing to wear it on a giant omega chain or tube. I’ve also tried it on 5mm thick Rolo chain which didn’t work either but is as thick as I can go through the pendant loops.
Open to other ideas to try!

In happier news, I restrung my bracelet to incorporate this copper/green Tahitian to compliment the Tahitian MoP and rose gold.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
@MakingTheGrade how about having new loops placed here: (i marked on your pic in blue, excuse me) The spacing would theoretically help with flipping.
27EC4668-53A8-425E-B9E7-17CD06486BD8.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade how about having new loops placed here: (i marked on your pic in blue, excuse me) The spacing would theoretically help with flipping.
27EC4668-53A8-425E-B9E7-17CD06486BD8.jpeg

Smart! I’ll have to ask my jeweler. I think she’s very apprehensive about the MoP being right there

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
It is a stunning piece and love the way you have made it so flexible to be worn as pendant, pin, bracelet - very unusual and clever!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a stunning piece and love the way you have made it so flexible to be worn as pendant, pin, bracelet - very unusual and clever!

Thanks. It’s been rewarding to have the flexibility to wear it in whatever way best compliments the days outfit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results