shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally done! 3.11ct Fancy Grey in its forever home.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This is definitely one of the most unique settings for a diamond that I've ever seen on PS, let alone the rest of the world.

I love how you didn't go with what others may or may not have liked but you had a vision and set it as so!

It is a wonderfully large, super special, heirloom piece that is ALL YOU @MakingTheGrade !

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is definitely one of the most unique settings for a diamond that I've ever seen on PS, let alone the rest of the world.

I love how you didn't go with what others may or may not have liked but you had a vision and set it as so!

It is a wonderfully large, super special, heirloom piece that is ALL YOU @MakingTheGrade !

Thanks! Sometimes my madness works out! Haha

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect setting for that diamond! Love it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OhhhhhhhMFG it’s HERE!!!!!!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

And it IS F’N AMAZING @MakingTheGrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is seriously one of THE most unique, artistic, and compelling pieces ever posted here on PS. That gigantic grey is something else. I remember your RT thread... I remember thinking there was no way this could go into a same ol’ same ol’ ring or bezel pendant...

That MOP is glorious. SO colourful!!! And the shape of the petals and proportions are perfect for the stone :appl:

Dang. You and your jeweller. Y’all nailed it. Couldn’t be better.

Shale keep teeth off!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So how do you clean it? D’you need to keep it away from water because of the glue?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It's awesome!!! I love the whole thing!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Love it! Thanks so much for sharing her with us. It’s great to see really unique pieces like this one :kiss2:

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful, versatile piece! Omg a hair band! Super luxurious but I don't think I can do it. I'll be too afraid to lose it. Are you at Penn? My cousin is a nurse there in the cardiac icu unit. And I have friends who are nurse anesthesiologists, respiratory therapists and IT support.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect setting for that diamond! Love it!

I love it! Congratulations, @MakingTheGrade - this is a beauty!

It's awesome!!! I love the whole thing!

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing her with us. It’s great to see really unique pieces like this one :kiss2:

Thanks guys. I love sharing and seeing other people’s goodies on Pricescope! It’s an awesome feedback loop of seeing eye candying and sharing it! Some of y’all are responsible for worsening my bling addiction! In the best way though :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So how do you clean it? D’you need to keep it away from water because of the glue?
Haha I asked the jeweler that too! I’m so glad you like the finished piece! This was his explanation and answer ““The shell expands and contracts depending on heat and moisture. It is 'clicked' in place with interior metal 'nubs' and points that dig into the shell. Yes, it is also secured with a special Japanese epoxy. Do not soak in or allow to be contacted by harsh chemicals----hairspray, perfume, cologne or cleaning solutions that contain ammonia.”

Also @yssie you should now I asked Moline pearls to source a peacock Tahitian for me to add to my bracelet as a one-of accent to coordinate with the Tahitian MoP in this piece. Look what you’ve started you bling monster! :p

What a beautiful, versatile piece! Omg a hair band! Super luxurious but I don't think I can do it. I'll be too afraid to lose it. Are you at Penn? My cousin is a nurse there in the cardiac icu unit. And I have friends who are nurse anesthesiologists, respiratory therapists and IT support.
Yeah I did med school at penn and just never left. I’ve actually met other pricescopers at work! Haha

Last edited:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! So pretty and unique!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I love it!!! It looks good in every way you wear it! Necklace, pin or bracelet. What a versatile and gorgeous piece. Enjoy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The certificate just to have the info in the thread

AD657272-3B3E-4AB6-A883-524739243BEE.jpeg
I don’t understand how it can be graded an SI1 with only two crystals. That’s crazy...Its a beautiful diamond!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I asked the jeweler that too! I’m so glad you like the finished piece! This was his explanation and answer ““The shell expands and contracts depending on heat and moisture. It is 'clicked' in place with interior metal 'nubs' and points that dig into the shell. Yes, it is also secured with a special Japanese epoxy. Do not soak in or allow to be contacted by harsh chemicals----hairspray, perfume, cologne or cleaning solutions that contain ammonia.”

Also @yssie you should now I asked Moline pearls to source a peacock Tahitian for me to add to my bracelet as a one-of accent to coordinate with the Tahitian MoP in this piece. Look what you’ve started you bling monster! :p
Interior metal nubs and points that dig into the shell - this sounds complicated. He hid a complicated system in a fabulously flat profile!!
So - sounds like a "wipe with moist towel" kind of deal? Shale looks pretty eager to groom it, he'll help :bigsmile:

Ohh. Emailed!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amaze-balls. I want to suggest using a rubber stopper on the pin (between clothing fabric and pin lock) so if it unlocks you don’t lose it... (advice from someone who lost a diamond pin last summer...)

Hmm. I’m having a hard time picturing this. Do you have a photo of what you mean?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t understand how it can be graded an SI1 with only two crystals. That’s crazy...Its a beautiful diamond!

Ah! That was a mystery to me too. I emailed the vendor to ask and after many annoying emails back and forth was told it was due to clouds not pictured. In certain lighting I think I can detect the clouds though it might also just be head obstruction or that phenomenon of “darknening” when in direct sunlight. Regardless of the grading I think it’s beautiful!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. I’m having a hard time picturing this. Do you have a photo of what you mean?

So that it can’t slide out even if it becomes unlocked. I wonder where you would get the rubber stopper though... maybe you could use a small pencil eraser on the end, in the meantime?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I asked Moline pearls to source a peacock Tahitian for me to add to my bracelet as a one-of accent to coordinate with the Tahitian MoP in this piece. Look what you’ve started you bling monster!

Not to threadjack any attention from your absolute stunner of a pendant, but I’m setting the sister Akoyas that I got from Yssie with some accent Tahitians in a sprinkle chain. Great minds!

And I have to say again as I’m back here, I bloomin’ love this piece! Whoever suggested it upthread for JOTW - yes, yes, yes!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so worth the wait! Gorgeous!! :kiss2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to threadjack any attention from your absolute stunner of a pendant, but I’m setting the sister Akoyas that I got from Yssie with some accent Tahitians in a sprinkle chain. Great minds!
Oooo. Pics when you’re done!!! Is this something you can make yourself or is it being sent to a jeweler?

This is an earring back....something like this....

image.jpg
Ah!!
Thank you now I get it! Smart. Hmmm. I don’t wear earrings but I’m sure I can figure something out...

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
It's just beautiful! I love all of the uses and I especially love it as a brooch and bracelet. You go girl! It's fabulous, feminine, intriguing and bada$$! :kiss2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful! I love all of the uses and I especially love it as a brooch and bracelet. You go girl! It's fabulous, feminine, intriguing and bada$$! :kiss2:

Haha thanks! You know I’m just spending the next few days pinning and wearing it in all the different ways I can think of! Today it’s a scarf pin

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah! That was a mystery to me too. I emailed the vendor to ask and after many annoying emails back and forth was told it was due to clouds not pictured. In certain lighting I think I can detect the clouds though it might also just be head obstruction or that phenomenon of “darknening” when in direct sunlight. Regardless of the grading I think it’s beautiful!

That’s so weird because you would think there would be a note in the comments saying “clouds not shown”. If it was a grade setting inclusion then it should have been noted. That diamond is beyond beautiful...It’s spectacular...

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooo. Pics when you’re done!!! Is this something you can make yourself or is it being sent to a jeweler?

Oh gawd no - 2 left thumbs here, so it’s being outsourced to the pros! I tried doing a mock-up with beads on elastic and my craft skills didn’t even do the cheap as chips beads justice...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results