shape
carat
color
clarity

Final Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Hello... I thought I might post this and get some feedback. Chances are I am going to buy this I just wanted to know what everyone thought? I actually have the stone and took some pictures out in the yard and such...
Thank You...
Chris Roblee
I will post images...

104_princess_at_1x.jpg

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope

104_princess_idealscope.jpg

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Somewhat of an ASET image

104_princess_aset.jpg

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Brilliancescope

104_brilliancescope.jpg

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
I have to change the quality to get the rest of the images up...I will try to get them up ASAP

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Cert

ags_cert.jpg

freaknyea

Rough_Rock

DSCF0075.JPG

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
These pics are in a stone holder on my hairy finger:)
3.gif

DSCF0086.JPG

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
another pic

DSCF0087.JPG

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Number 4222
Shape Princess - Crafted by Infinity - Canadamark
Weight 1.042
Colour F
Clarity VS2
Fluorescence Negligible
Report A.G.S. - Ideal 0
Total Depth 76.8%
Table % 60.1
Crown Angle 32.2°
Crown Height % 11.1%
Pavilion Angle 42.7°
Pavilion Depth % 62.6
Girdle 2.6% to 3.5%
Culet Pointed
Measurements 5.51 x 5.51 x 4.23 mm.

Since the cert pic turned out bad

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Chris,
Could you review the specs for us ...I can't read the AGS report (bad eyes or bad scan??)

Without the specs : looks great! Does it have medium blue flor by any chance?

ETA: I see you were adding specs!! Jumped the gun. I like it, but I'm no princess expert. (your finger's not too hairy)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just some 0.2 worth thought...
38.gif

#1. Can't believe the symetry of that thing! Even the Aset pic is ... perfect: it looks like a well made precious mosaic or something. Yay!

#2. 5.5mm for 1 carat... that's not bad either.

#3. Perhaps no cut grading 'tool' is perfect, but this bit of diamond manages to tip the scale of alomost all I know of (Iscope, Asset, Bscope...) Nothing left to say there. Btw, as much as I can tell from trying to get a systematic view of many Bscope results, smaller diamonds (relative to whatever the range allowed by this) get hit on the 'scintillation' score. I would not be surprised if this was trully a slight bias of the device although I have not had any serious discussion about this with any bScope user - it is just a hunch of mine. This, if you ever wondered if the Bscope scores indicate that the top notch bit of diamond still leaves room for some illusive improvement in that score.
31.gif

#4. This surely looks properly square even under such close up view - some of these optimized princess cuts have tables so small they end up roudish (the tables) and have less of the geometric look at least I came to expect from this cut. On a 5mm 'object' this is probably overkill to mention though.

#5. 'Bet the above mentioned detailed did not come for free, but as long as it is worth having a diamond crystal cut as well as they come, why on Earth not. Besides, I don't even know if the price wasn't attractive overall too.

Good for you!
9.gif

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
another

DSCF0059.JPG

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
another

DSCF0055.JPG

koko

Shiny_Rock
Hello, Chris.....looks like a lovely stone, I have a 1.15 c. emerald cut, and when I researched fancy shapes, I found that the table & depth should both be under 65%. Isn''t this stone a bit deep? I tried to stay in the 60''s for both table & depth with the table being the lesser. My ec ended up being 69% depth, and I thought that was too deep.
34.gif

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
I am almost done

DSCF0077.JPG

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
I believe I can be done now... I can get more pictures if you would like tommorow though .... Again these pics are in a stone holder not the actual ring...

DSCF0085.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2005 4:48:04 PM
Author: koko

... when I researched fancy shapes, I found that the table & depth should both be under 65%.
Yeah... you are right. I didn''t mention that, but perhaps should have, so I am trying to compensate now for what that matters.
38.gif

With depth between 60-65 and still a reasonably sized table (not very large, that is) perhaps the cut would still eb as brilliant etc. and the stone larger. As much as I can tell, you might find one close to 6mm - but that is theory because I have yet to find an example. Same as happened with your EC, I guess.

Since the relation between total depth and diameter is not as clean cut for fancies as it is for rounds... I just looked at the size and that still ranks high among 1 carat princess cuts.

Just IMO, as usual.

There''s allot better to read about this in a piece written by Paul Sledgers in the ''Journal'' about the size of princess cuts.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2005 4:52:43 PM
Author: freaknyea

I can get more pictures if you would like tommorow though ....
9.gif
Wow! This damond trully does have a photo album ''Pricescope Style''. Thanks for posting all these!

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
Ok here is the 10x pic

1_04_F_VS2_Princess.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My final thought is, that is one gorgeous stone!!! Good job and the pics are awesome!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous. Don''t concentrate too much on those numbers. Seeing is the final decisionmaker. And I think that''s PERFECT.

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
I do have a short video of the stone with me now. If you would like to see... Private message me with your email address

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are TOO MUCH! If you set that to music in Final Cut Pro I am going to worry about you. BTW: I recommend the James Bond theme "Diamonds Are Forever", or that old chestnut "Diamonds Are A Girl''s Best Friend".

freaknyea

Rough_Rock
I prefer Alan Parsons...
27.gif

Hamster

Rough_Rock
OOOH...another AGS 0 Princess cut! So pretty and sparkly!
30.gif

We just bought an AGS 0 too and I absolutely love it. Your GF will be so happy - what a lucky girl

Hamster

Rough_Rock
Another thought - I posted a thread yesterday about my AGS 0 princess cut and how I was enamored with the bottom view because you see the chevrons and the perfect "X". Did you happen to take pictures of this view? I didn''t get a chance to get good photos of the loose stone before I brought it to the jewelry store, but I think its the coolest thing ever. Any chance you can post some bottoms up pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results