shape
carat
color
clarity

Final thoughts on diamond choice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arockforher

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, and thanks for the suggestions!

About a week ago I had narrowed my search down to
this F, VS2 1.261 ACA stone (AGS 8407405)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-256914.htm#

and this E, VS2 1.292 Expert Selection (AGS 8151404)

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-210304.htm#

After tons of deliberation, I am moving towards finalizing the transaction with the F, ACA stone. I''m hoping I won''t see the color difference, and the ACA and Ideal rating from AGS eases my mind with regards to the cut quality.

Here is my concern however....The F, ACA stone has a depth of 60.7 and a Holloway Cut Advisor rating of 0.9.....After reading some other threads with regards to HCA scores lower than 1, I''m concerned that this stone may be too shallow.

My question to the board is should I be concerned about the shallowness of the stone, or should I not worry about it considering its an AGS 000 Ideal and Whiteflash ACA...? I''m guessing it''s nothing to be concerned with...I just thought I''d ask for any last minute thoughts before I move in for the kill...
2.gif

Thanks again everyone!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries.
28.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 4:37:20 PM
Author:arockforher

Here is my concern however....The F, ACA stone has a depth of 60.7 and a Holloway Cut Advisor rating of 0.9.....After reading some other threads with regards to HCA scores lower than 1, I''m concerned that this stone may be too shallow.

My question to the board is should I be concerned about the shallowness of the stone, or should I not worry about it considering its an AGS 000 Ideal and Whiteflash ACA...? I''m guessing it''s nothing to be concerned with...I just thought I''d ask for any last minute thoughts before I move in for the kill...
2.gif
You''re right - it''s NOTHING to be worried about. My stone is a .9 as well, and it BLAZES.

The suggestion that scores lower than 1 will be problematic is just HOOEY. Truly.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
My HCA score is 0.6 and it blazes as well....
emsmiled.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results