shape
carat
color
clarity

Fiance''s wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll start by saying that I have many pics, so please standby while I work through the quirks of uploading them all.

We decided to do a custom job and even before meeting me, FI loved the look of Brad Pitt''s Damiani wedding band (from his wedding to Jennifer Aniston). Unfortunately, Damiani was never to reproduce the rings for anyone besides Jennifer and Brad. So it shouldn''t have come as a surprise when Damiani breached that agreement they were sued.

Obviously, we weren''t going to get FI''s band made from the original manufacturer. And to be honest, we wanted to make our own version. So, I''ll start with showing you our inspiration piece by Damiani:

Attachments

• bradpitt.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 451

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
My lovely FI wanted to add a few symbolic characteristics to his band. He definitely wanted a thicker band, so we went for an 8mm.

He also didn''t like the curved edges, so we opted for a sleeker and cleaner look.

Here''s where all the cutesy stuff comes in, both of our birthdays are in the month of September. Mine is on the 8th and his is on the 18th. My whole life the number 18 has been my lucky number, so when I met fiance and found out his birthday was on that day, I felt like it was some sort of sign from God. (And look, it has been!)

Thus we decided that on side of the band we would have 18 floating diamonds, and on the other we would have 8. It was a definitely a difficult design, but it came out beautifully.

Here is the first CAD. This is how the ring looks face-on when FI wears in on his finger.

WDB-100BP-T.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the CAD where you can see the side with 8 stones:

100BP-33.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
8 stones again, this time from an angle:

WDB-100BP-32.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the CAD where you can see the side with 18 stones peeking from underneath:

100BP-FF.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
18 stones again, this time from an angle:

WDB-100BP-3.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love the design!! It''s definitely one of the most simple, yet striking designs I''ve ever seen. It''s going to make a fantastic man''s ring!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I have pictures of the wax mould somewhere, but I can''t find them on my lappy
8.gif
If anyone wants them, please let me know and I will try and get them for you!

Please give me a few minutes, as I try and resize the images, sorry for the wait!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Yipee, I''m back!

(Quick FYI, sometimes it''s a bit more difficult to resize pics on my mac, so I use DrPic.com. Under the "quality" tab, you can lower the quality of your pic without having to resize or crop and sacrifice the size and detail in your pics!)

So this is how any normal observer would see FI''s ring. Plain and simple men''s band, right?

picresized_th_1221501964_DSC00423.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Lo and behold, there is some hidden bling! Here's the side with 8 stones:

ETA: You can see the "818" engraving at 12 o'clock!

picresized_th_1221502156_DSC00421.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
And the side with 18 stones!

picresized_th_1221502261_DSC00422.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s what FI sees when he wears the 8 stones facing him.

picresized_th_1221502391_DSC00424.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s his view with 18 stones. That''s a lotta bling, huh?

picresized_th_1221502499_DSC00426.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Closer view of the 8 stones:

picresized_th_1221502664_DSC00425.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, one of us together. Here are some quick stats that I may have left out.

-Ring size 8.625 (and I''m 3.75)
-18K WG
-.36cts of stones
-SI quality, G-H color
-Made by IceBox Custom Diamond Jewelry in Atlanta, GA

Thank you SO much for bearing with all my pics and the explanation. I hope that the details will benefit a future PSer!

4_DSC00430abc.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 2:03:45 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I really love the design!! It''s definitely one of the most simple, yet striking designs I''ve ever seen. It''s going to make a fantastic man''s ring!

Thank you very, very much. I think "simple and striking" is the perfect description for this ring. And I''m quite impressed that FI was able to think this up himself! I hope you liked the finish product, I''d like to hear what you think about the last bunch of pictures. Thank you, again, for commenting!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W! That is so cool! Simple, masculine, blingy.....perfection!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always admired the Brad and Jen rings when I''ve seen them in ads in magazines. Looks awesome!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT is an awesome Men''s ring! Very, very cool.
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I''ve always loved the original bands, such a good design. Your take on it looks great!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
very creatively done, and a great-looking ring too! I love how much meaning there is to the ring... too fun!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
that is very nice. i never heard of that before this post. i think it is stylish and gives him some bling without losing masculinity. im impressed.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
When DH and I got engaged (2006), we looked at the Damaini rings - and I loved the design, but it seemed weird to us to purchase a ring that a celebrity had (and, it was right around the time Brangelina started, I think). I didn''t realize Brad and Jen sued! Yick. Anyway, I do LOVE the style and love even more how you''ve personalized it for you and your FI. That is beyond awesome about the symbolism and it looks amazing on your FI and paired with your ring, too. Great job and stunning ring! The side with 18 diamonds is mindblowingly cool :)

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to start by saying that it took almost 24 hours after posting my last picture before I got any comments (!!) I was so sad, I thought maybe no one liked FI's band. So those of you who have responded have brightened my day. Thank you so very much for your kind, kind words!
slider_grouphugg.gif

luvmyhalo Perfection? Really? That is like the ultimate compliment! You are too kind and have some GORGEOUS bands of your own! (The bezel set band in your avatar is TDF! Gorgeous!)

joflier I think the Brad and Jenn rings are soo beautiful. We weren't planning on my having a band, but I think down the road we will make a matching band for me. Of course, their marriage didn't work out so well.. I really love your ring, and am sooo fascinated by your story, it really was fate, huh?

Hi geckodani! I always enjoy reading your posts. I love the avatar btw! I hope you're able to pick the perfect setting for your pretty loose stone!! Thank you for commenting, I think its AWESOME too
9.gif

SanDiegoLady you always have something nice to say to everyone, thank you for your kind response. I appreciate your taking the time to share even the most intimate details of your life, while still being a truly sweet and tolerant poster.

Hello Addy with the gorgeous OEC earrings! I bet they are like sparkle bombs on your ears..! Thank you for your comment, I really like our interpretation of the design as well. I think it suits fiance well. I'm so surprised that he came up with that whole design himself! When he explained it to me I was shocked that he thought of it on his own. Never underestimate your man, I'd say...

icekid I think you have great taste, and have a real love for diamonds and gemstones, so I value your opinion! The symbolism behind the ring is my favorite thing about it. Its more than just a ring, yanno?

Hey there radiantquest you're another poster that sticks out in my mind. I like reading your posts and hearing about your life, thoughts and opinions. I had never heard of the Brad/Jenn Damiani rings until FI showed it to me. Once I saw the pics of the original and his interpretation of it, I was sold!

Elmorton I know what you mean about wearing a ring that was a signature/custom design for someone else. However, I am SO HAPPY that your love our take on it!!! It means a lot to me that you think the design is "mindblowingly cool" I've admired the jawdroppingly gorgeous ring in your avatar many-a-time
2.gif
Your threads have really been valuable to me too. I found out about Ann's Fabulous Finds through a handbag thread of yours, and actually remember reading your vegetarian thread a few months ago when I decided to stop eating meat. I guess we have a lot in common girlie!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
AWESMOME band somehowcollide!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 12:14:10 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
AWESMOME band somehowcollide!

Thank you so much Love in Bloom!! I remember drooling over your tassles and diamonds thread!! I wish I could take pictures like you can. You''re so talented! Glad you enjoyed the ring
21.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cool! I really love it.

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Hi Somehowcollide, I love the look of your FI ring. That''s a perfect hand shot. Your marquise looks pbeautiful on your finger.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring with such great sentiment behind it! Your ring is pretty, too!
Congratulations on your gorgeous bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results