shape
carat
color
clarity

Female Mccain''s VP pick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:10:26 PM
Author: IndyGirl22
Date: 9/17/2008 10:00:45 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 9/17/2008 9:38:05 PM

Date: 9/17/2008 9:25:18 PM

Author: MoonWater

Sarah Palin''s Yahoo! Account Hacked
Haha whomever did it just got themselves a date with the FBI...unless, of course, it was Obama''s people & he wins.

ETA: My dad is younger than McCain & doesn''t know how to send email, either. How shameful of the Obama campaign to mock McCain''s POW injuries. Link This was written EIGHT years ago & states, ''McCain''s severe war injuries prevent him from combing his hair, typing on a keyboard, or tying his shoes.'' I guess that makes him unqualified to be President.
29.gif
Talk about no class.

Re: Palin''s e-mail. Oh my God..and I was starting to calm down!
29.gif
29.gif
I am absolutely disgusted about this. And guess what? Her e-mails are now all over the internet..and one left-wing blog has even posted her personal images as well as a voicemail from Bristol. That''s right..they called..and recorded a voicemail! But guess what? They still didn''t manage to find anything except that she sent some ''state'' e-mails from her personal account. Big freaking deal.
20.gif
These people are facing JAIL TIME. Hacking is a FEDERAL CRIME.
I take all of these things are good signs for McCain; people must really be getting desparate to find some more dirt on her if they''re hacking into her email now. She must''ve been smart enough not to keep anything ''bad'' in her email. The left-wing bloggers are just as guilty as the hackers themselves. The FBI should swoop in and stop this ASAP; I''d feel that way if ANYONE had this happen to them. If Biden''s email got hacked you know that those same bloggers would be furious with conspiracy theories about how McCain''s people did it. I''m still waiting on Obama & Biden''s expense statements from their years in the Senate...
20.gif

Also, does anyone else think that Obama was dumb to even say anything about using email in his ads? I mean EVERYONE knows that older adults are the biggest voting demographic & literally decide elections...I''m sure some of them don''t use email. Plus, whether or not he was mocking McCain you''d think that he wouldn''t CONTINUE on saying things that are obviously going to be ''misconstrued'' as mockery. If someone can''t type on a keyboard because of POW injuries OBVIOUSLY you don''t say anything about them not being able to send email. Just seems illogical...

Yeah don''t worry, the one blog should expect some jail-time as well...as I am understanding it they called the private cell number, recorded, and posted a voicemail from Bristol. So where are all of the pro-privacy anti-patriot act people now?
33.gif
Obviously this isn''t government hacking, but the pro-privacy people tend to be pro-privacy from everything. Does this not apply to Sarah Palin?

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:24:52 PM

Indy, you do realize that most times when people bring up criticisms of either McCain or Palin you immediate reference something Obama or Biden has done. All I did was the same thing. Nothing I said implied that ''two illogicals = logicals.''
Yes, I do realize that because there is a huge double standard in many cases from both sides so referencing either candidate is suitable. I said something seemed illogical *to me* and out of my whole entire post you replied to the two last words instead of answering the questions posed. I said something seemed illogical & then you said something else was illogical, so I then said "Two logicals = logical?" as in two wrongs don''t make a right...as in BOTH candidates are illogical at times but that doesn''t answer the first question. I don''t see the offensiveness...

Anyway, I feel the need to post criticisms about Obama & especially Biden because his horrible behavior is overlooked by most & I am in an uphill battle around here & someone needs to be on the other side.
2.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:25:12 PM

Yeah don''t worry, the one blog should expect some jail-time as well...as I am understanding it they called the private cell number, recorded, and posted a voicemail from Bristol. So where are all of the pro-privacy anti-patriot act people now?
33.gif
Obviously this isn''t government hacking, but the pro-privacy people tend to be pro-privacy from everything. Does this not apply to Sarah Palin?
Yeah, I can bet that left-wing blogger was shouting bloody murder about the Patriot Act taking away our civil liberties, etc. Not that I agree with the Patriot Act, but like you said, consistency is needed.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:31:03 PM
Date: 9/17/2008 10:24:52 PM

Indy, you do realize that most times when people bring up criticisms of either McCain or Palin you immediate reference something Obama or Biden has done. All I did was the same thing. Nothing I said implied that 'two illogicals = logicals.'
Yes, I do realize that because there is a huge double standard in many cases from both sides so referencing either candidate is suitable. I said something seemed illogical *to me* and out of my whole entire post you replied to the two last words instead of answering the questions posed. I said something seemed illogical & then you said something else was illogical, so I then said 'Two logicals = logical?' as in two wrongs don't make a right...as in BOTH candidates are illogical at times but that doesn't answer the first question. I don't see the offensiveness...

Anyway, I feel the need to post criticisms about Obama & especially Biden because his horrible behavior is overlooked by most & I am in an uphill battle around here & someone needs to be on the other side.
2.gif

Oh, there really is a huge double standard. I posted an essay which showed it greatly in the treatment of Palin v. Obama but since it discussed race it wasn't allowed. However, in this situation, I have a bigger problem with a blatant lie that you refuse to admit is a lie vs. an ad which was obviously aimed at younger voters. So nope, don't think Obama was dumb in that regard.

As far as Biden, why don't you start a separate thread on that issue so you don't have to bring it up various unrelated posts in hopes that someone will respond to it. I know the situations you've references and I simply do not agree with you. I've seen far better examples of racism through the two years of this campaign.

Oh, and for the record, there was no offensiveness.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:34:16 PM

33.gif
Yeah, I can bet that left-wing blogger was shouting bloody murder about the Patriot Act taking away our civil liberties, etc. Not that I agree with the Patriot Act, but like you said, consistency is needed.

And just to clarify as for me having a double-standard..this is just as bad to me if not WORSE than when Obama''s travel/passport records were accessed. I can''t really decide which was worse..one was accessed illegally through a govt. agency..one was a private e-mail hacked into. I guess they''re equally as bad..but I don''t really remember whether or not his travels were even released. I don''t believe they were. Either way, this is disgusting.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:36:18 PM

Oh, there really is a huge double standard. I posted an essay which showed it greatly in the treatment of Palin v. Obama but since it discussed race it wasn't allowed. However, in this situation, I have a bigger problem with a blatant lie that you refuse to admit is a lie vs. an ad which was obviously aimed at younger voters. So nope, don't think Obama was dumb in that regard.

As far as Biden, why don't you start a separate thread on that issue so you don't have to bring it up various unrelated posts in hopes that someone will respond to it. I know the situations you've references and I simply do not agree with you. I've seen far better examples of racism through the two years of this campaign.

Oh, I've posted things in the Biden AND Obama threads that have gotten NO replies (i.e. still waiting to hear defense of Obama's opposition to the Born Alive Act) so I try to get responses from knowledgeable people about issues I want to hear more about. I was not the first, last, or only person to bring up an unrelated Biden or Obama point in this thread, so I think the "on topic" requirement is pretty loosely guarded around here by everyone. I said Obama was dumb to criticize McCain for not being able to do something that the majority of people who vote are unable to do; if you don't agree with that then that's fine. I didn't say he was dumb for targetting young voters; I think they are his only hope & he's smart for attacking the younger crowd like Clinton did. It worked for him, so maybe it'll work for Obama.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:42:47 PM

33.gif

And just to clarify as for me having a double-standard..this is just as bad to me if not WORSE than when Obama''s travel/passport records were accessed. I can''t really decide which was worse..one was accessed illegally through a govt. agency..one was a private e-mail hacked into. I guess they''re equally as bad..but I don''t really remember whether or not his travels were even released. I don''t believe they were. Either way, this is disgusting.
Yeah, I wouldn''t like it if it happened to Obama, Biden, Hillary, etc. either. It''s pretty scary that people have the desire to get *that* personal with these candidates or have that much of a vendetta against any one of them to risk going to jail...
23.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:45:46 PM

33.gif

Yeah, I wouldn''t like it if it happened to Obama, Biden, Hillary, etc. either. It''s pretty scary that people have the desire to get *that* personal with these candidates or have that much of a vendetta against any one of them to risk going to jail...
23.gif

Exactly because the FBI and Secret Service are doing a joint investigation..and considering they already knew a ton about this protest group I am sure..they WILL find them! Not to mention I personally believe EVERY person that had an e-mail published now had a wrongful act committed against them as well as their privacy was violated. At least civilly.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:44:13 PM
Date: 9/17/2008 10:36:18 PM

Oh, I've posted things in the Biden AND Obama threads that have gotten NO replies (i.e. still waiting to hear defense of Obama's opposition to the Born Alive Act). I was not the first, last, or only person to bring up an unrelated Biden or Obama point in this thread, so I think the 'on topic' requirement is pretty loosely guarded around here by everyone. I said Obama was dumb to criticize McCain for not being able to do something that the majority of people who vote are unable to do; if you don't agree with that then that's fine. I didn't say he was dumb for targetting young voters; I think they are his only hope & he's smart for attacking the younger crowd like Clinton did. It worked for him, so maybe it'll work for Obama.

Er, I wasn't talking about any "on topic" requirement, not sure where that came from.

Anyhoo, I said you should start a thread about the issues you have with Biden so that maybe you could get a response. All you did was hint, or mention little with no details. If you really care about it, go back, post in the Biden thread the full stories that you are referencing. If no one responds, then I guess it's no point in bringing it up in other posts in the hopes that people will respond. Maybe they disagree, maybe they have no idea what you're talking about, maybe they just don't care.

As far as the Born Alive Act, I have yet to read any link detailing law because I need to put on my legal brain in order to absorb it properly. I will leave it untouched until I feel I can address it properly.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:47:18 PM

33.gif

23.gif

Exactly because the FBI and Secret Service are doing a joint investigation..and considering they already knew a ton about this protest group I am sure..they WILL find them! Not to mention I personally believe EVERY person that had an e-mail published now had a wrongful act committed against them as well as their privacy was violated. At least civilly.

It happens to celebrities constantly. Doesn''t make it right, but people don''t seem to complain with as much furor.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:52:18 PM

33.gif

23.gif

It happens to celebrities constantly. Doesn''t make it right, but people don''t seem to complain with as much furor.

That''s because when it happens with a celebrity..they aren''t trying to interfere with an election.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock

Funny picture of the four of them here in a more light-hearted article about how Palin is the most researched person on the Internet today.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:53:25 PM

That''s because when it happens with a celebrity..they aren''t trying to interfere with an election.

I don''t think it should make a difference. Privacy is privacy is privacy.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:51:25 PM

As far as the Born Alive Act, I have yet to read any link detailing law because I need to put on my legal brain in order to absorb it properly. I will leave it untouched until I feel I can address it properly.
It''s actually really short...link

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:54:53 PM

It is, but I am just stating why people would be more upset about Obama vs. Miley.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:55:58 PM

It is, but I am just stating why people would be more upset about Obama vs. Miley.

Yeah, but if it was the Jonas Brothers, all hell would break loose. lol

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock

That's because when it happens with a celebrity..they aren't trying to interfere with an election.
Well, also, obviously it's more important nationally if Condoleezza Rice's email gets hacked into than Lindsay Lohan's...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:56:47 PM

Heck ya! Just kidding...I get so tired of their songs on XM.
20.gif
Haha. I am like arrrrgggh play something different!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:57:46 PM

Well, also, obviously it''s more important if Condoleezza Rice''s email gets hacked into than Lindsay Lohan''s...

I don''t think so, unless it was Condi''s government account. Condi''s personal life isn''t important to me. It''s just gossip.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:58:29 PM
Date: 9/17/2008 10:56:47 PM

Heck ya! Just kidding...I get so tired of their songs on XM.
20.gif
Haha. I am like arrrrgggh play something different!

I don''t even know their stuff. I just keep hearing about them and laughed my butt off when Michelle Obama tried to tell her eldest that she had a surprise for her during the DNC and she''s like "the Jonas Brothers??" and it was only her dad via satellite LOL!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 10:55:56 PM
Date: 9/17/2008 10:51:25 PM

It''s actually really short...link

I seem to recall your original posting being longer. Surely there is more details surrounding it. Anyhoo, I''ll get around to it. Who''s to say my response would be a defense.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

Well, also, obviously it''s more important nationally if Condoleezza Rice''s email gets hacked into than Lindsay Lohan''s...

Haha, tell that to a Lohan fan!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 11:05:57 PM

Well, also, obviously it''s more important nationally if Condoleezza Rice''s email gets hacked into than Lindsay Lohan''s...

Haha, tell that to a Lohan fan!
I have yet to meet one!
2.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ate my dang post....grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

But the gist of it was that unless the hackers were actually someone employed or posting on those sites, they are not committing a crime. Plain and simple.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:15:58 AM
Author: miraclesrule

But the gist of it was that unless the hackers were actually someone employed or posting on those sites, they are not committing a crime. Plain and simple.

They knowingly distributed illegally obtained information, further violating privacy.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:17:10 AM

Date: 9/18/2008 12:15:58 AM
Author: miraclesrule

They knowingly distributed illegally obtained information, further violating privacy.
Yeah, it's the same as selling stolen goods that you know were stolen. I'm pretty sure it's covered in the Federal Wiretap Act.

ETA: re: Greta...WOW people need to get jobs or something to consume their time!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Whatever...I wish someone cared enough about my life to hack my email.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results