shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling hot hot hot!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
When it's this hot I change the nectar in the hummingbird feeder every 2 days so that it doesn't ferment.

We can't have drunken hummers, can we? :lol:

When the water starts looking a bit cloudy, then it’s time to change it. I agree, it happens so quickly in this weather.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

At present it is 25C, with the high being 28C. Just out for a ride. Loving every ray of sunshine!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went up to London for a work related event, and struggled with the heat and it was only mid 20s degC!

DK :roll2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it's this hot I change the nectar in the hummingbird feeder every 2 days so that it doesn't ferment.

We can't have drunken hummers, can we? :lol:

Getting them drunk may be okay. But in this heat mold can grow in the feeders and they are injured drinking it and their tongues can’t drink anymore so yes, changing the nectar and cleaning the feeder’s at the same time is the right thing to do. I do the same.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
humidity is the worst

inbetween the winter storms we are still getting nice days of 15 - 16 degrees

can't say im looking forward to working in a pie shop another summer
but i did get used to it, walking to work in the heat of midday

but i did not enjoy my rings not fitting and needing bigger shoes
it was amazing - a couple of cooler autumn days and everything fitted again almost over night

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In Mississippi it's hot. Folks can say how hot it is where they are and Mississippi says, "Hold my beer" :) My husband pointed his temp gun at the shop floor....136 degrees. Welcome to Hell.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting them drunk may be okay. But in this heat mold can grow in the feeders and they are injured drinking it and their tongues can’t drink anymore so yes, changing the nectar and cleaning the feeder’s at the same time is the right thing to do. I do the same.

That's why I do it. It just sounds funnier talking about drunken hummers. ;)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i kid you not
its July and we had 20 degrees C today
its the middle of winter !
at the start of the week the country had snow and frost !
ive had a line load of towels dry outside between the showers today !

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
92 is quite cool :lol:

I hope they get the a/c back on soon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never in my wildest dreams would I be happy to come home to 98° F in Houston. I left my parents house in North Texas today and the car thermometer read 115° F!!! It cooled to 109° pretty quickly lol!

I remember that heat. It was stifling! The humidity was so heavy when we left the airport for the first time.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Employees at a furniture store here yesterday baked chocolate chip cookies on the dashboard of their car. They estimated temp inside the car was 167 degrees. They're going to try to do eggs today. Temp today 111 degrees. It registered 126 on my side patio yesterday afternoon.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're still not getting anything insane for where I am. We are however getting a ton of Saharan dust which makes for a few bad days here. (its very hazy and the air is quite gritty feeling to my lungs)

So its going to be mostly indoor weekend. I was supposed to start removing things from my shed so it could be demolished but maybe not.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know some people are suffering in heat worse that it is here, but I'm in New England and it's not supposed to be this hot, and certainly not for this long. I definitely can't do the yard work that I keep planning. And no rain in sight.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

32C! Hot!

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
  • Wow
Reactions: CMN

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For us here in CT it’s been very humid and DRY! Hardly any rain which we desperately need, our lawn is burnt to a crisp in the front and back.

I really try not to complain because I loathe the snow and ice so I’ll deal with hot and humid over that.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The air con at home packed up shortly after I wrote my post, good job it happened after the hottest couple of days to date.

Luckily I had air con installed in my custom-converted campervan/motorhome/RV, so I slept in my van when it was too hot to sleep in the house, and worked in there too during the day.

The air con engineer will visit in mid-August to check it out, and I suspect it may need replacing; afterall it is 16yo and has served me well all these years!

I shall sleep and work in the van when it is hot.

DK :confused2:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
It’s 90F right now and highs today are 97F, which is crazy hot for our area. We went all over yesterday and today looking for a portable AC for the baby since our house is almost 100 years old and has no central air. There were 3 left at a Home Depot up north and people were circling them. We got one.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I shouldn’t have complained about the heat the other day! After several sweltering days, it’s only 20 C today, and overcast. It feels like summer is over:cry2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
It was 102 degrees today in my neighborhood. Then thunderstorms rolled in thank goodness -- we needed the rain!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
about 8 degrees C here
but sunny
brrrrrrr
but all the really bad weather has gone around us so not complaining

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we got in the car Tuesday! My dash obviously needs a dusting, yikes! It’s been hot and humid here since last week with little relief, but we are supposed to have rain the beginning of next week.

B0513DE9-ED11-4D37-9B3F-0777B793951C.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the last couple of days have been 20 degrees with horrible humidity
so thats at least 30 at work
very unpleasent when it just comes out of nowhere in winter like this

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results