shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling hot hot hot!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for fun, how hot is it where you are today?

Here in the middle of CT it is 90 degrees but feels like 94 and it’s not even 11am!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RetroQT I gasped when I saw your weather app pic! You live in my absolute fave town on the east coast. Have family close by too! I love it there!
Going to be 94 today north of NYC today.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It cooled down here in the UK, just as I finished making my sunscreen. It's about 22 Celsius (72 F). Will be waiting for the next heathwave so I can test it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
81 here and Friday Saturday are going to be miserable, 90s with t-storms, tornado weather. Thursday 92.
The other days are going to be high in the 80s and fairly nice in the 10 day forecast.
That is if you believe the forecasts.
Most of the storms have been going north of us and nailing Wisconsin this year.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
@RetroQT I gasped when I saw your weather app pic! You live in my absolute fave town on the east coast. Have family close by too! I love it there!
Going to be 94 today north of NYC today.

There is so much to love about this area, although the humidity isn’t one of those things. LOL!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RetroQT I agree with that but, I have to say, I’d rather your humidity (in that locale) than mine in the Northeast! :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
In TX it’s 50 days over 100 :( and typically 104-06 now. I’m not there thankfully but high 90s this week in TN. Parts of Europe are having unprecedented heat. It’s depressing to me bc climate change and there are still no many denials about it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep @Mreader, it’s been over 100 degs for what seems like forever! Doesn’t even cool down by much overnight either. The hottest part of the day here is around 3-4pm when it’ll ‘only’ be 101 degs!

Woohoo, Friday and Saturday it’s going to ‘cool’ down to 99 and 98 degs respectively, then back in to the 100’s for most of next week too.

Hot, sticky with frizzy hair is my new look these days :lol:

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
@RetroQT I agree with that but, I have to say, I’d rather your humidity (in that locale) than mine in the Northeast! :lol:

I had a few years in upstate NY. Yeah, I’ll stick with FL. LOL!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
97 here today in SoCal. :(

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
101 degrees today same as yesterday. I hate it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in Ohio its currently 87 and the humidity went down a tad at 63% feels like 95

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday the UK hit a new highest record of 40c, which is 104f. Pretty outrageous for a country that has never needed air con.

Being in school was vile. We had to keep the children fully inside & away from the direct sunshine for 2 days straight, misting them with cold water.

Thankfully we broke for summer yesterday, so we can all now wallow in our own homes in our pants :lol-2:

Us humans have a lot of answer for.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Massachusetts here
E8EDB21A-7A18-42CE-9E1D-5A7CBF97F795.jpeg E8EDB21A-7A18-42CE-9E1D-5A7CBF97F795.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday the UK hit a new highest record of 40c, which is 104f. Pretty outrageous for a country that has never needed air con.

Being in school was vile. We had to keep the children fully inside & away from the direct sunshine for 2 days straight, misting them with cold water.

Thankfully we broke for summer yesterday, so we can all now wallow in our own homes in our pants :lol-2:

Us humans have a lot of answer for.

I was in Paris during the 2003 heatwave and it was the worst. And they are having similar temps. The 2003 one was loooooong though. Ugh I feel for your guys over there!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
In Pa today! Better than a 100 but still too hot for me. Fall is my season..

Attachments

• 9712A8F3-069A-440E-9962-DAE0DDFF2705.jpeg
    9712A8F3-069A-440E-9962-DAE0DDFF2705.jpeg
    402 KB · Views: 8

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
not complaing as it is July and we had a long hot summer
we have had some bad winter storns of late but they thankfully miss us most of the time
and its my day off so im not walking to or from work today
ive only got really wet twice this winter

but ive now got a puddle in my back yard under the clothesline for the first time in the 5 years we have lived here :angryfire:
Screenshot_20220721-114926.png

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never in my wildest dreams would I be happy to come home to 98° F in Houston. I left my parents house in North Texas today and the car thermometer read 115° F!!! It cooled to 109° pretty quickly lol!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It was about 30F this morning when I woke up, frost outside on everything. Can you guys in the Northern Hemisphere please stop hogging all the heat? :lol:

I've seen a lot of my UK friends complaining about the heat, I've got the same response to them every time they complain: *laughs in Australian*
But I've been a good friend and given them tips on how to beat the heat :saint:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was about 30F this morning when I woke up, frost outside on everything. Can you guys in the Northern Hemisphere please stop hogging all the heat? :lol:

I've seen a lot of my UK friends complaining about the heat, I've got the same response to them every time they complain: *laughs in Australian*
But I've been a good friend and given them tips on how to beat the heat :saint:

i feel bad for the ones who don't have aircon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Monday and Tuesday this week, parts of UK reached over 30degC, and the highest temperature was recorded as a record 40.3degC!!!

I stayed mostly indoors on both days working with the air con on full blast.

I had it installed in the house in 2006 when I moved here, and everyone I knew said it was OTT and one would not need air con in this country.

I was understandably rather smug. :lol-2:

I don't like the heat and anything over 20degC is too hot for me.

My dad was the same, and he had air con installed in the family homes, and would had them on when the night time temperature hit mid teens Celsius!

I settled in UK for its cooler weather compared to HK where I originated. Can't imagine what it would be like in HK without air con this time of the year!

DK :))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its been pretty bad all over though we're having a pretty normal summer here.

weathertoday.PNG

I have AC on 10 months of the year.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy humidity Batman! It is oppressive today with the humidity, so bad in fact that even taking the kids to the splash pad is out, can hardly breathe out there.

We are under a severe thunderstorm risk, maybe they will roll in and cut the humidity. Fingers crossed!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
28 C this morning and lots of humidity, which makes its feel much much hotter, 37 C according to the humidex.
Not looking forward to this afternoon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results