shape
carat
color
clarity

feedback

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mus

Shiny_Rock
Is there anyone who has some feebacks about the following site:
http://www.gemselect.com/sitemap.php

Is it a serious site?
All your feedbacks are welcome.
Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of it, but that doesn''t mean it isn''t legit. What are you looking for? Maybe we can help you find it from a more well known vendor...

mus

Shiny_Rock
In fact, I am looking for nothing in particular: just to buy some gems to complete my collection :)
My next hunts: blue spinel, chrome tourmaline and imperial topaz

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh well in that case I *personally* would stick to one of the lovely vendors that everyone recommended in your other thread. There are many to choose from there and they are all legit.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i think Freke mentioned that site in another thread...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-talk-me-out-of-starting-a-colored-gem-collection.91170/

"I like Topaz. Mostly because I love the London and Swiss blue colors, but also the properties of the stone are pretty cool. And it doesn''t hurt that it''s normally pretty dang cheap. I also like garnets a lot, and I think everyone needs at least one amethyst. Oooooo!!! And Tourmaline! I love tourmaline too!

I''d check out Artistic Colored Stones, Forever Gemstones and Custom Gemstones for excellent specimens, or GemSelect, Multicolor, and AJSGems for cheaper but not as quality stuff..."

that was her actual post -- which i hope she doesn''t mind my replicating here!!! i think she seems pretty informed, definitely a gem lover!! so my guess (though i''m not a gem expert) is that it''s a pretty legit site. hope that helps!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. I actually bought from GemSelect. A London Blue Topaz and an opal chip. They are in Thailand I believe, so I made it a cheap purchase so I wouldn't mind if I was unhappy with my purchase. Neither stone was exactly what I expected-but I was just wanting to get an idea of the color of a London Blue and get my hands on a step cut. You have to know quite a bit about gemstones and good dimensions. Gypsy actually bought a stone from them a while back, and she ended up being pretty unhappy with her stone (giant window) but I think it was her first gem purchase and she went for something cheap-just in case.

But they are legit, and I'd order from them again. It's just a pain since they are overseas, and that means going through customs as well as more expensive shipping costs. And a difficult return. But it's all offset because they have some very cheap stones.

I'd also check out Customgemstones (Dan Stair's site), GemRite (John B's site), and Artistic Colored Stones (Barbara Smigel's site) because they are all located in the states, and have amazingly cut stones.

I just found out about GemRite last night, but I've been exchanging emails and pictures with John B of some stones on his site, and he has some beautiful blue spinels on there right now. Spinel part of his page

If you want to see another picture of the 1.22ct spinel, I have one in my latest thread-on page 2- \"Desperately Seeking Spinel\". It really looks like a pretty amazing stone.

Good luck with your searches, and if you need any help, please feel free to ask us!

ETA: I don't mind at all vita! I'm just happy to be able to help!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! I knew Gemrite looked good. *pats self on the back and returns to browsing it obsessively*

Unfortunatly now I want everything. Dang it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results