shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on Ovals the jeweller called in

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
This is the first lot of stones we saw at jeweller #1.

E2050308-530C-4E8E-9D34-737B6107CA2B.jpeg
A5FE5EA1-FAEB-486E-B344-C0C22833EEC5.jpeg DFC762C1-D69C-464B-B71D-F692A9F67D44.jpeg 86FA59B9-ADB6-416E-938A-94D3E43A2988.jpeg

I will call the guy that is sending us the stone to inspect (the last pic with the bow tie starfacet commented on) jeweller #2

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, I can't watch! :nono:

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I react like that because that's my Opulence oval on the left in the video that I have up for sale only because of financial issues. I had been looking at ovals off and on for 10 years before buying that one, and I personally think that the Opulence product can't be beat. I wouldn't be letting it go if I didn't absolutely have to!
Reading one of your earlier posts, I don't see how the Opulence looks "synthetic"!! Sounds like jealousy talking if you ask me!

I am sorry that you have to let it go, I wish we could help you out

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock

Oh no! I am a fool ...maybe I posted the wrong video

The one we are looking at is a 0.91 ct K

Sorry for the confusion :( this beauty is out of his budget unfortunately

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(sad

I’m so confused... it opens as the right one with a round and the K for me :(
That's my fault. I didn't know he had posted two Opulence videos. The preview window looks the same on both videos to me. Sorry about that! (I deleted the post about my stone to avoid further confusion)
See what I mean? LOL

Last edited:

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
:bigsmile:

Gooooorrgeous! One of the poo poos from a jeweller was that the modern cut would clash with the vintage vibe. Clearly it does not!!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Update: Ok. So just spoke with my friend. Jeweller #2 can no longer send us the stone as another vendor has a buyer ready now. My friend must decide by 2pm if he would like to purchase the ring and stone in full, stone unseen.

I told him it’s the best we’ve seen so far despite the bow tie, and it could be a long time until we find another equivalent or better locally. However, I believe he is on the phone to #2 letting it go as we speak.

I think I’ve turned him into a wreck

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I do wonder how realistic it is that I can find him a ps quality stone from an Australian vendor. It would be a bummer after all of this we ended up back at the beginning.

Maybe I have to manage our expectations and ... pick the best of what’s available.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: Ok. So just spoke with my friend. Jeweller #2 can no longer send us the stone as another vendor has a buyer ready now. My friend must decide by 2pm if he would like to purchase the ring and stone in full, stone unseen.

I told him it’s the best we’ve seen so far despite the bow tie, and it could be a long time until we find another equivalent or better locally. However, I believe he is on the phone to #2 letting it go as we speak.

I think I’ve turned him into a wreck
I wouldn't buy a ring and stone unseen, unless there was a full refund policy in place.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, he doesn't want to go with the K color Opulence, like it's off the table completely?

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't buy a ring and stone unseen, unless there was a full refund policy in place.

I def wouldn’t either. There is no refund as it’s a custom make. But then I would also be buying an AVOO lol.

No, he is really opposed to buying abroad. If she had said she liked it better he would, but for no apparent gain the hassle rules it out.

Have you ever helped someone source a stone? How did you manage to not project too much?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you ever helped someone source a stone? How did you manage to not project too much?
Yes, I helped a friend buy a 1 ct round set into a platinum ring with baguettes that was on consignment at a local jewelry store. But it was easy because she could see that the hearts and arrows cut made the thing sparkle like crazy. She was an easy sell, I guess you could say!

You definitely have it much harder. You are stronger than me. If your friend were my friend, I would have stepped away from the transaction long ago!!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Jeweller #1 has also EB504504-CF2D-4242-AD99-7F90075C3955.png suggested going for a round so he is entertaining that thought now too! If he does go this route, I would recommend he buy from a USA vendor again so back to square 1! Lol

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Could you send him to visit Garry Holloway at Holloway Diamonds, if he happens to be in Melbourne?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results