shape
carat
color
clarity

Fed up with the B/Ms. Show me the light and help me find a ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ouch

Rough_Rock
After finally ridding myself of a dispute with a certain BM jeweler who recently went Chap 11 (see previous post) I am back in the hunt for an engagement ring. I have tried several local Jewelers, and now that I am spoiled by the knowledge that you guys have, I get agitated when the salespeople look at me like Im crazy when I ask about certifications and light return. I had a guy try to BS me into believing that EGL stones were the exact same grading as GIA stones for 30 minutes today, and I have just about had enough. I was dead set on going into a store and picking out what I wanted, but at this point I am ready to save some money and heartache and buy online.

Here is what I am looking for in a budget of around 8000-9000. I am assuming that most online options will get me out of taxes, but I may be totally wrong. Either way, Id like to spend 9k at the high end out of my pocket.

Either a princess or "chunky" Cushion cut (I really liked the ones from the GOG cushion video) with a halo setting (pave, not bezel) that does not sit too high on the finger. I like the more square cushions.

Id like to stay G or lower in color, VS1 or VS2 in clarity. As long as it is eyeclean I dont really care too much about the official grading. Id like to be 1.5 or larger in Carat weight. Im not tied to this as much as I am finding a vendor with a halo setting that will fit the diamond nicely. The one thing my future bride really likes about the halo/antique style is how the ring looks like it was made around the diamond. Ill try to find some pictures of what I am looking for, but I would like to be able to get this from one vendor. The idea of ordering a stone and then beginning another search for a setting and someone to set my stone does not appeal to me very much.

So, experts of pricescrope... Pretend I just wrote you a $9k check, and see what you can buy for me! OR if you are in the Atlanta area, point me towards a jeweler who I can go see.

Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry it didn''t work out. I feel your pain. lol

One question, is this budget for stone only, or stone and setting?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd just contact Goodoldgold or Engagementringsdirect. Both can get great cushions, and both do nice halo work. If you want a princess, I'd go with GOG. Looking through their cushion inventory (GOG), I only see one possible cushion, slightly under the ct. weight you are wanting. Either can search their suppliers for what you want.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few from Knox jewelers... Just to give you ideas about different styles.

ring1
ring2
ring3

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results