shape
carat
color
clarity

Fed up with the B/Ms. Show me the light and help me find a ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ouch

Rough_Rock
After finally ridding myself of a dispute with a certain BM jeweler who recently went Chap 11 (see previous post) I am back in the hunt for an engagement ring. I have tried several local Jewelers, and now that I am spoiled by the knowledge that you guys have, I get agitated when the salespeople look at me like Im crazy when I ask about certifications and light return. I had a guy try to BS me into believing that EGL stones were the exact same grading as GIA stones for 30 minutes today, and I have just about had enough. I was dead set on going into a store and picking out what I wanted, but at this point I am ready to save some money and heartache and buy online.

Here is what I am looking for in a budget of around 8000-9000. I am assuming that most online options will get me out of taxes, but I may be totally wrong. Either way, Id like to spend 9k at the high end out of my pocket.

Either a princess or "chunky" Cushion cut (I really liked the ones from the GOG cushion video) with a halo setting (pave, not bezel) that does not sit too high on the finger. I like the more square cushions.

Id like to stay G or lower in color, VS1 or VS2 in clarity. As long as it is eyeclean I dont really care too much about the official grading. Id like to be 1.5 or larger in Carat weight. Im not tied to this as much as I am finding a vendor with a halo setting that will fit the diamond nicely. The one thing my future bride really likes about the halo/antique style is how the ring looks like it was made around the diamond. Ill try to find some pictures of what I am looking for, but I would like to be able to get this from one vendor. The idea of ordering a stone and then beginning another search for a setting and someone to set my stone does not appeal to me very much.

So, experts of pricescrope... Pretend I just wrote you a $9k check, and see what you can buy for me! OR if you are in the Atlanta area, point me towards a jeweler who I can go see.

Thanks!

Sorry it didn''t work out. I feel your pain. lol

One question, is this budget for stone only, or stone and setting?

I'd just contact Goodoldgold or Engagementringsdirect. Both can get great cushions, and both do nice halo work. If you want a princess, I'd go with GOG. Looking through their cushion inventory (GOG), I only see one possible cushion, slightly under the ct. weight you are wanting. Either can search their suppliers for what you want.

Here are a few from Knox jewelers... Just to give you ideas about different styles.

ring1
ring2
ring3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP