shape
carat
color
clarity

Feather near girdle

mab463

Rough_Rock
Hello! I have been an active browser, but I need some help from the experts.

This is a VS2 and I'm concerned about the feather. Do you think this type of feather would risk the integrity of the diamond?

dia123.png

Thank you!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to read a reply as well....someone will jump in shortly

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi,
The likelihood of a VS2 graded by GIA feather being a structural risk in a round diamond is negligible.

In other words, if you love the stone, the seller and the price, you'll be fine:)

mab463

Rough_Rock
Rockdiamond|1452639496|3975005 said:
Hi,
The likelihood of a VS2 graded by GIA feather being a structural risk in a round diamond is negligible.

In other words, if you love the stone, the seller and the price, you'll be fine:)

Thank you for responding so quickly. Just to clarify this is a AGS diamond not GIA, although I don't think it should matter TOO much, but I'll let you guys be the judge!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Same holds true for AGSL graded VS2.....keep in mind that I'm speaking about percentages- which are overwhelmingly in your favor.
But no one can properly assess a diamond based on a GIA, or AGSL plot.

mab463

Rough_Rock
Rockdiamond|1452640380|3975011 said:
Same holds true for AGSL graded VS2.....keep in mind that I'm speaking about percentages- which are overwhelmingly in your favor.
But no one can properly assess a diamond based on a GIA, or AGSL plot.

I completely understand. Would you be able to provide any guidance for me on questions to ask or what exactly to look for? I have been googling, but some of the photos they show of diamonds are so particular and hard to see (at least to me).

I appreciate the help so much. This is my top contender at this moment for my engagement ring, and I want to make sure I make the best choice possible!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results