shape
carat
color
clarity

FCD CAD assistance request

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Masterpiece is exactly the right word. How wonderful! Just wow. Really looking forward to all kinds of pictures- hopefully there will be tonnes and tonnes! :appl:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Masterpiece is exactly the right word. How wonderful! Just wow. Really looking forward to all kinds of pictures- hopefully there will be tonnes and tonnes! :appl:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I can't stop staring at it. :appl:

I'm amazed at how much metal they appear to have carved away! It's soooo dainty and gorgeous and absolutely a tiara ring!!!! :love:

Ooooh congratulations Chrono - I'm so very, very VERY pleased for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone who posted such encouraging compliments. Thank you so much. I'm so very excited. I was concerned the ring would end up a bit odd and modern but to my surprise, it looks antique and is so delicate. No wonder my initial design ideas were shot down - those rings might have snapped into pieces within a few days of wear time. Looks like I'll need to tape my black phone with a white covering so as not to distort the true colour.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW- Chrono..
it looks great....
guess we wil have to wait another week before we see hand shots......

i bet you are wishing this week away! LOL

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
So are they posting it Friday so that you'll get it Monday or Tuesday??

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shipping over the weekend is generally not recommended, because things will sit in the warehouse on Sunday, which increases risk. I expect them to ship on Monday, with estimated receipt on Wednesday.

Greg,
Hint, hint....I think you could do with a few more FCDs for a multi-FCD piece of jewellery yourself. :Up_to_something:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Fair enough - and it makes sense not to take any unnecessary risks.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
hI cHRONO,

I would love to but i am not sure i have enough body real estate to really enjoy them. i would dearly love a blue argyle and a pink argyle....and maybe a green one.... and maybe ... i can dream, right? LOL

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg,
That's why I suggested a multi-stone piece of jewellery. You can wear more stones without taking up additional body real estate. :naughty:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
What are you suggesting..... i am not sure i can do much more......well, i guess i have to ask the PS community when i amass these beauties.....or i wonder if someone is going to gift them to me/ LOL :dance: :dance:

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Turned out gorgeous Chrono, can't wait for more photos after you get it in your hands!

Greg - one can always hope to inherit right? Or win the lottery ....lol

Kroshka

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great workmanship !

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1412255503|3760524 said:
Shipping over the weekend is generally not recommended, because things will sit in the warehouse on Sunday, which increases risk. I expect them to ship on Monday, with estimated receipt on Wednesday.
Is that for UPS or FedEx? I've found that USPS actually moves stuff over the weekend, and some places, it even delivers packages on Sundays.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love it. That ring is simply stunning! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your continued support, everyone. The ring shipped today via Fedex and should arrive next Monday! :dance:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow. Look where you started and just look where you ended! I look forward to your detailed and numerous pics, but it sure looks like this is going to be gorgeous from every angle

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a crown. I know you were going for Romanov (not that I know what that is exactly), but it reminds me of the Russian coat of arms.

I think its really awesome. Congrats!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow!!! It's so regal looking! I am so excited for you-I know how hard you worked to get it just right and it certainly came together and you've created a masterpiece!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Nice to see it interpreted IRL I suppose but I think it only serves to show how simplistic that idea really was and that the leaves STILL don't work even if diamond set!! :lol:

juliab-oct2014.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that on Bistro too - talk about ripping off your ideas.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh jeesh, that's not a very good interpretation she did of your original. I guess it would be okay for people who's first name began with the letter "L." :lol: :loopy:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consumer ripoff - I'm okay with that.
The original vendor wants to make copies - that's within their rights.
Vendor ripoff - feels strangely wrong but it not something anyone has the right to enforce. Although it's perfect as an L monogramme ring. I tried very hard to unsee it but failed. I'm sorry but I've lost some respect for JuliaB by her doing this. Perhaps it isn't reasonable for me to feel this way but it is what I feel. It's okay if a customer requests this but to me, it's different when it's a potential standard design offering.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono said:
Vendor ripoff - feels strangely wrong but it not something anyone has the right to enforce. Although it's perfect as an L monogramme ring. I tried very hard to unsee it but failed. I'm sorry but I've lost some respect for JuliaB by her doing this. Perhaps it isn't reasonable for me to feel this way but it is what I feel. It's okay if a customer requests this but to me, it's different when it's a potential standard design offering.

I concur. Or if she had contacted you to ask if she could use an earlier design incarnation of your ring. :(sad

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1412442031|3762011 said:
Chrono said:

I concur. Or if she had contacted you to ask if she could use an earlier design incarnation of your ring. :(sad
I went back through this thread looking for something similar.
Your very first CAD had the L shape (first page) but you quickly said that you didn't like it because it was too L-shaped and in the second CAD (page 3), that shape is completely gone. The closest, besides the original, was actually a design that Davi worked out (page 7).

Original inspiration: http://www.romanovrussia.com/Art_Nouveau_Ring.html#.VDDhQvldWSo

It probably was inspired by your project, but obviously she used ideas that you rejected from your project because they weren't good enough or what you wanted. It very obviously WAS inspired by the real Romanov ring.

I wouldn't look at your CADs and her ring and think, "Oh, that's a total ripoff of the original idea". It barely shares any elements with your ring, even as the CADs exist from the very beginning, they only share a similar basic shape. And the thing is, you didn't even like where the ring was going at the stage of your ring that Julia's ring shares the most resemblance to.

So, I'm not seeing where the room to get indignant is?

chrono_inspiration.jpg

chrono_cad.jpg

davi_image.jpg

juliab_art_nouveau.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke,
It's obviously not a direct copy as she herself wrote that it was inspired. I, myself, said I am also probably being unreasonable in feeling this way. However, I admit to feeling out of sorts at seeing a very strong resemblance to my original L design. Even though the L design was eventually scrapped, it's the principal of it to me.

There is one CAD design very VERY close to this; It's the last design done by Ryan before Bonnie took over. Moreover, Starzin and several other PSers spent weeks mulling over this to now have a vendor benefit financially from their hard work? It doesn't feel right to me. That's all I was trying to say. Whether it is truly right or wrong is not my call. I wonder how Joseph Jewellers will feel to see JuliaB's ring and their opinion.

And Freke, I'm not feeling indignant. I don't feel that upset or insulted; mostly stunned by her audacity. The gist of my post is to advise others not to post their ideas, especially very unique ideas that they spent weeks perfecting, openly on PS or they might just be surprised to see vendors create such a ring and make a profit off it.

_22971.jpg

_22972.jpg

_22973.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow Chrono, what a journey this has been, I have been following it most the time. Your ring is totally unique and very different, different from the first idea too but this is extremely common when we have to face realities and also that certain designs work better with certain stones. I loved the delicate nature of the first idea, I do love Art Noveau and has just recently done an Art Noveau pendant for an FCD but fell for it to the point that I am probably keeping it.:))) BTW, it does not bear resemblance to your idea except that well there are two leaves but this is very common in pieces of the era or inspired thereby, also this design was the idea of my jeweler who has never seen your idea. That said I think your ring came out better than expected and the design works better for your stones. I too think it looks like a tiara and is magnificent. I cannot wait to see you modeling this gorgeous piece!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely. When will you receive it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally,
I think Julia should stick to halos and more modern designs. Interpreting Art Nouveau and fine Edwardian styles is just not easily done.

Can't wait for you to get your ring Chrono, and lots of pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results