shape
carat
color
clarity

Favourite movies for jewelry eye candy?

Nicolo

Rough_Rock
Trade
Halloween topic: I'm always trying to get a better look at Chris MacNeil's gigantic marquise diamond ring in The Exorcist. I also wonder why she is wearing it so much! Right about the time she starts the process of getting priests for an exorcism, she starts sporting that honker the whole time. Marquise seems like a particularly impractical shape for an extreme supernatural incident. "She died from having both sides of her brain poked out by an enormous double pointy diamond." Maybe her soon-to-be-ex gave it to her, and since he's run off to Rome and not even answering the phone, wearing it brings her some comfort? I'd like to meet William Friedkin and ask!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Crazy Rich Asians will always be a favourite for me.
I just watched Dubai Bling. Excellent bling sightings if you can put up with the overblown drama. Sooo much VCA for daily wear. The ladies also enjoy wearing jewellery sets for more special occasions. Large diamond and gemstone cocktail rings with matching earrings and necklace. Oh and the insane bulgari cab emerald and diamond earring and necklace set that Safa supposedly buys when she is angry with her husband. 38C2E863-9CA2-4335-A6E8-C965E42C979A.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't call it a "movie", but the Mohs 10 light show in the 1953 coronation of HRH The Queen.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Not a movie but The Good Fight (my favourite show) following on from The Good Wife series always has great bling, and designer clothing/handbags.
Series 6 episode 9 Dianne Lockhart (character) is wearing a stunning 3 strand pearl necklace & drop baroque earrings. For handbag lovers Liz Riddick (character) has a gorgeous CHANEL Reissue silver HW.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was watching "The Getaway" from 1972.
Ali McGraw wears a Cartier Love bracelet during the whole movie. I couldn't get a good closeup, but you can see it here.
Screenshot_20221103-065004~3.png

Screenshot_20221105-204506~2.png

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
watching the exchange on netflex
not a movie but a series
its set in 1987ish
in Kuwait
of which apart from desert storm i know nothing about
but if you loved the '80's its a fun watch with a good story
no minimilism or teeny tiny pieces going on here