color
clarity

Favourite movies for jewelry eye candy?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yes!! :love: And also How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days for me.

Oh an oldie but a goodie! I’ll dig it out. Thanks for the idea!

I love the jewelry scene in “Sweet Home Alabama” but can’t say I loved the whole movie enough to watch it again/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Real Housewives franchise. They are sporting some Va Va Voom bling!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more.

Marilyn Monroe's Diamond choker, bracelet and earrings in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"

american-actress-marilyn-monroe-as-lorelei-lee-performing-a-news-photo-1628607057.jpg

Grace Kelly's diamond set in "To Catch a Thief"

american-actress-grace-kelly-promoting-to-catch-a-thief-news-photo-1628609310.jpg

My personal favorite (I adore Audrey Hepburn)
Audrey Hepburn's Tiara in "War and Peace"
Swoon!
And those earrings aren't too shabby either. :)

american-actor-mel-ferrer-with-his-wife-british-actress-news-photo-1628613859.jpg

And her pearl and diamond necklace in one of my favorite movies. "Breakfast at Tiffany's:"

the-movie-breakfast-at-tiffanys-directed-by-blake-edwards-news-photo-1628606359.jpg

Julia Roberts' ruby and diamond choker in "Pretty Woman"

pretty-woman-necklace-1628615368.jpg

As @737liz points out this necklace in "Titanic"

the-movie-titanic-written-and-directed-by-james-cameron-news-photo-1628608607.jpg

Something completely different from the other suggestions on here (though I really love Crazy Rich Asians for the gorgeous bling!):

Jodha Akbar and Padmaavat are both historical Indian period dramas on royalty (the former on the Mughal ruler Akbar and the latter on the Rajput queen Rani Padmavati). The jewelry for both movies is spectacular and true to history, not necessarily what appeals to modern taste perhaps but if you’re a jewelry lover it’s an experience just to watch. There’s a video on the “making of” process for the jewelry for Padmaavat on YouTube (also one on the costumes for the same movie, posted by the same channel, if you’re interested):

My favourite necklace is the one with the portraits in it, it’s a very old style of Rajputani jewelry.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
The Real Housewives franchise. They are sporting some Va Va Voom bling!

Such a good addition! In that vein, let me add “Selling Sunset”

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Something completely different from the other suggestions on here (though I really love Crazy Rich Asians for the gorgeous bling!):

Jodha Akbar and Padmaavat are both historical Indian period dramas on royalty (the former on the Mughal ruler Akbar and the latter on the Rajput queen Rani Padmavati). The jewelry for both movies is spectacular and true to history, not necessarily what appeals to modern taste perhaps but if you’re a jewelry lover it’s an experience just to watch. There’s a video on the “making of” process for the jewelry for Padmaavat on YouTube (also one on the costumes for the same movie, posted by the same channel, if you’re interested):

My favourite necklace is the one with the portraits in it, it’s a very old style of Rajputani jewelry.

Thank you!!! I’ve seen and loved Jodha Akbar (what a feast for the eyes and overall great movie!) but the other one is new to me, will definitely check it out. Any idea if it’s on a streaming platform?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love @missy's selections above.
Old Hollywood loved jewels on screen.

One of my favorite bling movies is Queen Bee with Joan Crawford.
Here she is showing the jewels worn in the movie.
Note the security guard. I believe the other man is Jean Louis, the gown designer for the movie.
The three star sapphire bracelet is featured in the movie, and even in black and white, is stunning.
joan-crawford-selecting-jewelry-bettmann.jpg 476234d85b23ab88240fd7f1c7da5d01.jpg

queenbuzz.jpg MV5BOTliOTU0OWEtOThlMC00MDAyLThhZmItMTEzMjcxMGJlYTAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3...jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I’ve seen and loved Jodha Akbar (what a feast for the eyes and overall great movie!) but the other one is new to me, will definitely check it out. Any idea if it’s on a streaming platform?

I believe it’s there on Prime Video! Perhaps also Netflix or YouTube would have it? I’m unsure if you’ll need subtitles though, which may be an issue for YT, though if you buy access to the movie (if available) it might come with subtitles.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I believe it’s there on Prime Video! Perhaps also Netflix or YouTube would have it? I’m unsure if you’ll need subtitles though, which may be an issue for YT, though if you buy access to the movie (if available) it might come with subtitles.

Definitely I need subtitles, unless I’m there purely for bling spotting haha

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Embassy Ball scene in My Fair Lady, just glorious!

DK :kiss2:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you, this is a great resource for people wanting to be educated in antique jewels and jewelry. I’ve wondered about this subject for a while!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine is Crazy Rich Asians. Drool!

Me too, but I think they could have done so much more. I feel like they needed a jewelry consultant on-set. Not enough jewelry was shown being worn (i was personally excited to see it). Michelle Yeoh’s emerald ring was her own and I’m sure they could have gotten other actresses to wear their own too! This is not a criticism of the movie, I enjoyed It.

Thank you, this is a great resource for people wanting to be educated in antique jewels and jewelry. I’ve wondered about this subject for a while!

I'm glad this was informative! If you're interested, I have another couple of videos bookmarked that I think are quite interesting and informative on traditional indian jewelry techniques (I don't remember now if they make them all in the old way or they use some modern tools, but the general method is the same over centuries):

Kundan-Jadau is a super traditional style of jewelry making from the North. The term is kind of inconsistently used, 'kundan' means the 24kt gold that they use to adhere the stones, but I hear jewelry being called 'kundan' when semi-precious stones or glass are used; and just jadau or polki jewelry when precious stones (like polki, which is uncut diamond) are used. All pieces are decorated on the back with meena, or enamel (the technique is called meenakari).

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Not a movie....but I watch the Food Network. A lot of the female celebrity chefs have big beautiful rings which they flaunt while cooking.

Oh I never thought of that! The real housewives shows and Selling Sunset are good for bling, too

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently saw the 2018 documentary, "The Coronation" on Paramount+.
If you don't have Paramount+ perhaps you can find it elsewhere because it's really worth the effort.
You may be able to find a free 7, 14, 30 day pass for Paramount+

It's a 1 hour intimate interview of The Queen with the most amazing close up macro video footage of the crown Jewels I have ever seen!
Lots of fascinating history and details about the jewels are revealed.

dfg.png

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you don't have Paramount+ perhaps you can find it elsewhere because it's really worth the effort.

It's a 1 hour intimate interview of The Queen with the most amazing close up macro video footage of the crown Jewels I have ever seen!

dfg.png

i always find if HM is on the news any jewlery she is wearing sparkles like carzy in movement

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Lots of fascinating history and details about the jewels are revealed.

dfg.png

Oh thank you! This sounds right up my alley!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i always find if HM is on the news any jewlery she is wearing sparkles like carzy in movement

Yeah, I'd imagine the large facets on golfball-sized diamonds must throw some amazing fire!
Also, I suspect whomever is in charge of lighting for important HRH appearances, like oh say televised coronations, understands what kind of lighting optimizes diamons' light show.
(S)he may even know as much as we PS geeks.

Just think how much better her royal boulders would preform if they were recut for optimized light performance, ala PS standards. :lickout::lickout::lickout:

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad this was informative! If you're interested, I have another couple of videos bookmarked that I think are quite interesting and informative on traditional indian jewelry techniques (I don't remember now if they make them all in the old way or they use some modern tools, but the general method is the same over centuries):

Kundan-Jadau is a super traditional style of jewelry making from the North. The term is kind of inconsistently used, 'kundan' means the 24kt gold that they use to adhere the stones, but I hear jewelry being called 'kundan' when semi-precious stones or glass are used; and just jadau or polki jewelry when precious stones (like polki, which is uncut diamond) are used. All pieces are decorated on the back with meena, or enamel (the technique is called meenakari).

Wow thank you so much! I look forward to diving into this to finally educate myself on what I am seeing.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Diary and its sequel.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i watched downton abby movie just for the flapper necklases of the day
it did not disapoint although i did not think the KIng and Queen looked as good as they should have

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last, Caution, directed by Ang Lee. The huge Cartier pink diamond.

Great movie too.

P

Petalouda

I love Jane Fonda’s outfits and jewelry in Monster in Law. There’s this diamond bypass ring she wears that I especially love. Love her look too at the party she threw. F142E49D-487F-47E1-A327-CF53CF401AA4.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results