shape
carat
color
clarity

Favourite and Least Favourite Cut

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My guess is that many non PS people really are only familiar with RB and PC and they typically don't shop around checking out stones.

There are a lot of princess cuts on the "least favorite list" .. hmmm.

I know when we were thinking of rings and getting engaged (pre-PS) I wanted a princess cut SO BADLY. We when into a store and asked to see a 1 carat princess. It was "tiny" next to the 1 carat RB. My mind changed right then and there... Of course, I ended up with a OEC as my (first) e-ring.

I did notice that princess cuts were pushed on me and FI just as much as RB's were in all of the maul stores. I wonder if non-PSers get pushed into liking princess cuts because of sales staff and the "name"?

"I got a princess cut!"

"I got a round diamond"

:cheeky:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
fleur-de-lis|1314395906|3000796 said:
(Note to self: never do a Show Me The Bling reveal on either a Heart or a Princess here!)

Oh, poooo... I have a princess and I adore it! It doesn't bother me one bit that some other people don't care for them. You just show off whatever you have and whatever you like. :cheeky:

Who cares if others don't love it as much as you? :rodent:

Tuckins1|1314440229|3001336 said:
fleur-de-lis|1314395906|3000796 said:
(Note to self: never do a Show Me The Bling reveal on either a Heart or a Princess here!)

Oh, poooo... I have a princess and I adore it! It doesn't bother me one bit that some other people don't care for them. You just show off whatever you have and whatever you like. :cheeky:

Who cares if others don't love it as much as you? :rodent:

Exactly.

I happen to like marquises (e/w) and I know a ton of people hate it.

The good thing about loving stuff that others don't? The price is usually lower and you can find some good deals second-hand :D

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Least favourite: heart (but even then are exceptions)

Favourite: (boring) round :wink2: - OR, to be honest, any shape at all that is beautifully-cut. I am an equal opportunities stone-lover :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1314387846|3000620 said:
Favourites - ascchers and emeralds, chunky old rounds and cushions, chubby marquises and pears, Yenny's old oval :love: :bigsmile: :sun:

Thanks Yssie! I am so flattered! You are one of the people that I have to thank for having that stone. The education I got here enabled me to recognize what it was when I saw it!

Favs: My oval, OECs, chunky cushions

Least favs: hearts and anything with sharp corners

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I have to say that my favorite is probably a H&A round or Old European Cut diamond. I like rounds since they are easy to set and they're a more traditional and classic shape. My least favorite shape would probably be a princess, but I have a princess diamond ring from my mom which I love, but I'm more of a rounds girl. I also love the AVC old mine cushions.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Faves: round brilliant, cushion, asscher
Least: heart

Tmissy

Rough_Rock
My favs Oval, Pear....least fav.......of course the Princess. The square shape with the sharp corners I no like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results