shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Reputable Instagram Sellers

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
I wanted to see if I could start a thread with reputable Instagram sellers...if anyone is willing to share their sources!
For the new buyer it is often hard to differentiate between them all!
I did see the reputable seekers post, just not many Instagram sellers on there.
Thanks!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some IG vendors mentioned in the List of Vendors for Reference thread.

The likes of Precision Gems and Master Cut Gems have their own websites and are already included in that thread - IG is just another method of selling for them AFAIK.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@oldworlddiamonds
@parkfinegroupsinc
@jewelsbygrace
@sincityfinds
@plattboutiquejewelry
@gildedlane
@xothebijoux
@gemconcepts
@davidklassjewelry
@oarkplaceantiquejewelry
@joganijewelry

Lots more. Offhand that’s who comes to my mind initially.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to see if I could start a thread with reputable Instagram sellers...if anyone is willing to share their sources!
For the new buyer it is often hard to differentiate between them all!
I did see the reputable seekers post, just not many Instagram sellers on there.
Thanks!!

If you see something you like or want to learn more about a seller you could ask here and also google for reviews.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
US based, gets all sorts of fun stuff.

Fantastic precision gem cutter. Also can do commissions. Ahes

Another precision cutter. Less active on IG but is also super talented. https://instagram.com/shinypreciousgems?igshid=sweqijv9vr6t

Precision cutter #3! Lots of great stuff. https://instagram.com/saltgemsco?igshid=3jbkq5icfnuv

Based in Hong Kong. Has good connections with spinels, sapphires, and other stuff asia side.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This was covered very comprehensively earlier this year

Im afraid you kind of need to read a lot though to get a feeling for whose who and what theyre like to deal with. So its not really enough just to have our lists of who we routinely browse.

Also the subforum that will generate the most interesting answers to this question is really jewelery pieces plus the antique and vintage subforum. Typically most of the antique jewelery vendors sell by instagram.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to share a bit more what your goals and tolerances are. You can find IG sellers at every step of the sales chain, going earlier in the chain significantly reduces the price but also increases the risk. Ex:

Gem source/cutter in a low-cost region (ex: Pakistan, India, Thailand)

Gem middle-person in a low-cost region, selling both to dealers and consumers

Gem retailer selling to consumers in a low-cost region

And then a similar progression for high-cost regions like the US

I like my hobbies to be an adventure and so I am usually looking to work with people earlier in the sales chain and get as close to the source as makes sense. But others have different priorities like having the smoothest possible experience. Neither approach is wrong.

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
@oldworlddiamonds
@parkfinegroupsinc
@jewelsbygrace
@sincityfinds
@plattboutiquejewelry
@gildedlane
@xothebijoux
@gemconcepts
@davidklassjewelry
@oarkplaceantiquejewelry
@joganijewelry

Lots more. Offhand that’s who comes to my mind initially.

Thank you!!!

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
US based, gets all sorts of fun stuff.

Fantastic precision gem cutter. Also can do commissions. Ahes

Another precision cutter. Less active on IG but is also super talented. https://instagram.com/shinypreciousgems?igshid=sweqijv9vr6t

Precision cutter #3! Lots of great stuff. https://instagram.com/saltgemsco?igshid=3jbkq5icfnuv

Based in Hong Kong. Has good connections with spinels, sapphires, and other stuff asia side.

Thank you so much!

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
This was covered very comprehensively earlier this year

Im afraid you kind of need to read a lot though to get a feeling for whose who and what theyre like to deal with. So its not really enough just to have our lists of who we routinely browse.

Also the subforum that will generate the most interesting answers to this question is really jewelery pieces plus the antique and vintage subforum. Typically most of the antique jewelery vendors sell by instagram.

Thank you! I guess I should have been more specific. I was thinking more of ones that people have bought from/worked with and had good experiences

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
You might want to share a bit more what your goals and tolerances are. You can find IG sellers at every step of the sales chain, going earlier in the chain significantly reduces the price but also increases the risk. Ex:

Gem source/cutter in a low-cost region (ex: Pakistan, India, Thailand)

Gem middle-person in a low-cost region, selling both to dealers and consumers

Gem retailer selling to consumers in a low-cost region

And then a similar progression for high-cost regions like the US

I like my hobbies to be an adventure and so I am usually looking to work with people earlier in the sales chain and get as close to the source as makes sense. But others have different priorities like having the smoothest possible experience. Neither approach is wrong.

Makes perfect sense, I should have been more specific! I like the adventure side of it, prefer to go closer to the source and a some risk is not a problem.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I guess I should have been more specific. I was thinking more of ones that people have bought from/worked with and had good experiences

I think maybe you would need to go back and spell it out as I suspect you are currently drawing a mixed bag of who theyve bought from and who the browse for prettt pictures. Also Im afraid there's a big spectrum on this list -- some of these may refuse to get lab report or are sitting somewhere where they cant easily, some sit closer to the source but youll have to check your tollerance for inclusions as a lot of the spinel coming out of burma etc can be included, similarly paraiba changing hands at the hong kong show may very well be clarity enhanced, some of the higher end ones being recommended to you are top brands which are very expensive but are going to do a sublime job, while some of the ones selling finished pieces sell a lot of antiques -- which often can be synthetic due to a preference for synthetics in CS in the early 1900s. Im afraid I can see all types in this list above. So this is pretty deep water to be in until you can tell them appart. Youd be better starting with money that youre willing to lose, or reading more first.

Leenagmslk comes to mind as a recent thread last week on this exact topic.

You might find it easier to start with getting people to share their experiences with instagram sellers. That way at least youll know that theyve bought from the seller theyre discussing. Again jewelery pieces is actually the forum which buys from instagram a lot, CS not so much (maybe in part because its a bit of a mine field, and in part because there ar other avenues as well).

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve bought from and had good experiences with:

Gems4Eva
ParksFineGroupInc
XOtheBijouxBox
SinCityFinds
TheMoonstoned
TheOneILove
EstateJewelryMama

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock

Gems4Eva
ParksFineGroupInc
XOtheBijouxBox
SinCityFinds
TheMoonstoned
TheOneILove
EstateJewelryMama

Thank you!!

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
Again, thank you so much for your insight...I truly appreciate it!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@adamant.gems
@enhoerningjewelry
@langantiques
@berganzalondon
@gemfluencer

All beyond reproach, imo, and most have real B+M presence. None are "what can I get for $100?" places, though.

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
@adamant.gems
@enhoerningjewelry
@langantiques
@berganzalondon
@gemfluencer

All beyond reproach, imo, and most have real B+M presence. None are "what can I get for $100?" places, though.

Thank you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Gems4Eva
ParksFineGroupInc
XOtheBijouxBox
SinCityFinds
TheMoonstoned
TheOneILove
EstateJewelryMama

I cannot stop looking at xothebijouxbox’s page. I almost wish that I have not discovered it. It is just that good.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I had a great experience buying a sapphire from @gemoceanltd

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@premiergemstones
@riouxrocks
@saltgemsco deserves another shout out! They are so good!!!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I mostly buy cabs, but I love working with:

@RareEarthMiningCo
@RockhoundGaryB
@horizonmineral

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results