shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite musical?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I'm loving all the shout-outs for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! My all-time favorite movie musical!

My favorite on stage is Jersey Boys, much of it for sentimental reasons.

I was lucky enough to see Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane in The Producers during their return run and it was by far the most amazing theater experience I've ever had.

Other favorites are Oklahoma, Guys and Dolls, Crazy for You, Spamalot, Avenue Q, and Chicago.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the best musical I ever saw was "Shenandoah" with John Cullum (on Broadway many years ago before there were any phony microphones). Because it was moving as well as entertaining. Besides that it is "Chicago", hands down. I saw it on Broadway twice. I love Bob Fosse's choreography.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ultimate favourite is Blood Brothers, which you might not have seen in the US as it's a musical based in Liverpool, but it was & still is a huge success in the U.K..

A big +1 for Blood Brothers. I dragged my friend to a west end showing promising a fun Saturday night. We both cried big ugly tears and went straight home afterwards. It's a tragic drama that happens to be a musical. "Tell me it's not true " sticks with you. I don't understand why it isn't a bigger hit. Well, aside from the fact that it ruins a night out and leaves you emotionally drained. OK. I get why it's not as popular as "The Lion King"...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
West Side Story

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crosswalk: The Musical

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big +1 for Blood Brothers. I dragged my friend to a west end showing promising a fun Saturday night. We both cried big ugly tears and went straight home afterwards. It's a tragic drama that happens to be a musical. "Tell me it's not true " sticks with you. I don't understand why it isn't a bigger hit. Well, aside from the fact that it ruins a night out and leaves you emotionally drained. OK. I get why it's not as popular as "The Lion King"...

Absolutely! I was brought up backstage in theatres & was privileged to have been at the first showing, meeting Willy Russell & the cast. And I went on to see it 9 times. Each time, I start crying sooner from the end, knowing what's to come. It is fabulous & emotionally draining! It was the first theatre performance I took my husband too when we first met, as it had been dragged out of its box & was on another UK tour, and he cried & said "why would you DO that to me?!!!!" :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results