shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite mascara?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 3:10:05 AM
Author: Jelly
Lengthening & Curving Mascara by Bourjois which is sold at Ulta and Sephora.

Can''t recommend the Shu Uemera eyelash curler enough! That thing works like a charm!

Where do I find one of those eyelash curlers? Hook me up! All the new ones I tried suck since my good old one finally died a slow painful death and ripped out half of my lashes!!

I should have mentioned that I have allergies and trying to find a mascara that doesn''t make my eyes itch...then smudge has been an issue! Zoom from Mac is a bit thick, but one coat is beautiful and it doesn''t irritate my eyes! Yaaaayyyy...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 6:37:16 PM
Author: Scintillating

Also - Does anyone post or go to Makeup Alley?

Danke.

Scintillating...
ME ME ME ME!

You can get both the Shu and the Shi curlers at Sephora or Sephora.com

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I love Maybelline Clear Mascara. I can get it all over the place and no one can tell!
3.gif
248039.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Makeup Alley has awesome customer reviews! I love it! Also check out cosmeticconnection.com

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am currently using Lash Out by L''Oreal. One of my favorites is the Lancombe but it always seems that the mascaras dry out before they are empty - no matter if you spent $7 or $25 -

Also, have the Shu Uemera curler - used to work good but now not so good - any ideas? I recently washed it but don''t think I bent it or anything. Maybe it needs a new pad in it? It worked well for awhile but I kinda hate to think of having to buy another one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybelline Great Lash!!

I also like Lash Out, I love the fluffy brush, that's my second fave.

But I hate mascara in general and rarely wear it, because it's SOOO goopy. Whenever I use it, I have to wipe off the brush about 10 times before applying it so it doesn't give me that spiky scared spider look. I can't stand overuse of mascara!! I want natural looking long lashes, is that too much to ask?
39.gif

Arnel_Regina

Rough_Rock
Lancome definicils...used it since highschool.

It doesn''t clump up at all...but here''s my trick and some people thinks it''s funny. I use clinique eye make-up remover (in a see through blue bottle) and with a q-tip, I coat my lashes with it. Then I put on the definicils. This will prevent further clumps....Ok, then I take a hair dryer and blowdry my lashes using a fine toothed comb to separate them. This brings out each individual lash and works better than my Shu umera curler. I told some of my students this and they laughed but the next day they said it really works.

One of my students has these amazing lashes. I asked her what mascara she used and she forgot the name but said it came in a purple container. Anyone knows what this is?

thanks

Arnel_Regina

Rough_Rock
Also, you can get a Shu umera curler on ebay or at sephora. I got mine on ebay with an end curler. It worked ok, but my lashes were always at 90 degrees. it didn''t look too natural.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 10:21:30 AM
Author: Angel7
I love Maybelline Clear Mascara. I can get it all over the place and no one can tell!
3.gif
248039.jpg
I love that for the brows - kinda like mousee for brows.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Lancome. Right now i''m using Amplicils and love it. As for curling, the woman who did my wedding makeup turned me onto this Sephora heated curler that really works wonders. It onlly takes seconds and your lashes look curles and natural. I think I''ve bought one for all my friends and they all seem to rave about it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've tried at least 10 different brands of mascara over the last year and unfortunetly the best I found was a sample size of Estee Lauder Lash XL that worked wonderfully, no clumping or anything, BUT when I bought the full-sized tub (which I did twice), neither time did the same product measure up. A bit of a disappointment.

Anyway, Mabelinne may be great and all but it gives me flashbacks of my pshychotic mom, SO, lol, I avoid it. . .

The best I've actually found is Bare Essentials. It's actually very subtle. Not quite a bold lash look, but absolutly NO CLUMPING around the lashes! It works nicely and I consider it very reliable.

Worst ones I've tried are MAC and Clinique. MAC was especially clumpy!
14.gif
ETA I forgot to say that sheshido has a really lame mascara too. I can't seem to find which one i have on nordstrom, but whatever one it is, is really is terrible. I bought aborgine color as it says purple brings out green eyes. but, blah. just super clumpy where I spend 10-15 mintues with my little brush trying to seperate all the individual little lashes. it's exhaustive work!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
MC...I had the SAME results with the Estee Lauder mascara!!!! I got the trial size in the summer bronze package. It was simply the best. So glad your experience stopped me from splurging on a FULL size, thanks for adding that.

So sorry to contribute to your flashbasks...I am sticking with pink and green.

DKS

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I have short, spiky Asian lashes that grow straight down.
Love the She Uemera lash curler, the ONLY one that fits my eye.
Another vote for Lancome Definicils- great definition, no flaking, zero smudging.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 11:02:48 PM
Author: memsy
am obsessed w/ the slightly new Maybelline XXL - it''s the one w/ the base coast and mascara (black and white double tube). It is UNBELIEVABLE- i do not have long lashes- they are short to medium and this makes them incredibly long.. and does NOT clump. Way better than Great Lash, Clinique High Impact, L''oreal Featherlash- all of which i used to use. I am never going back! HOWEVER- for my last tube i bought the ''extra strength'' and it is a bit TOO much- i dont even use the base now.. For my next i''ll go back to the regular strength.

I can''t recommend this stuff enough! When I got my haircut a few weeks ago, my hairdresser told me i had the longest lashes, she couldn''t believe it.. I told her it was all the mascara and she was shocked- it''s THAT good!!
Memsy, I had to go and get some of this yesterday to try. OMG, is it fabulous. It is so good I took pics of my eyes to post. Two of them are from yesterday. I applied it at noon, and had my husband take the pics at 8 p.m. last night after I had a two hour nap in the afternoon. This stuff is unbelievable. It did not sting at all, going on or coming off. It was so easy to take off, and I used the waterproof. My lashes are really long but they stick straight out. I have to use a curler, and the mascara has to be wp or my lashes won''t stay the way they are curled. I love this stuff. thank you. pics to follow. The first is from last night. The second is from today when I had just put it on. Ignore the slightly cross-eyed look. (I had to take the second one myself)
20.gif

shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
this one is from last night.

shay

eye1.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
this one is from today freshly applied.

shay

eye2.JPG

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Shay...your ring looks hot!
30.gif
Our rings look really similar from the top view....Oh, and your eyelashes look pretty too!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Right now I am using Lancome Hypnose. It''s okay. It''s similar to Max Factor 3000 (or is it 1000) calories.
I usually switch between brands actually and have not used Lancome in about two years.
I usually go with Estee Lauder Magnascopic or Mabelline Great Lash.
After I have applied the mascara, I usually use a clean mascara brush(like the ones they have to try on samples in the store) and brush out any clumps while it''s still wet. That works wonders.
2.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use 2 - L''Oreal Great Lash and then a coat of Max Factor 2000 calorie waterproof. I got a tip from Makeupalley that it would be easier to remove waterproof if you have regular mascara underneath.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a mascara to recm'd...I rarely use it...but as long as you really wipe the brush off it's all good...but I LOVE my shiseido (did I spell that right? ) curler. I've had it for years and use it on weekends or when I'm looking really tired. It's amazing. All other drug store brands I've tried have been crap...and pinch my eye lids... I'm definitely going to need a goodf curl tomorrow LOL...Dog tired after spending a full day suit and dress shirt and tie shopping with husband...literally picked out 15 shirts and 15 ties and now 9 suits. Then on a 1/2 hour spook walk. Where is that curler? LOL....

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 4:06:14 PM
Author: Arnel_Regina
Also, you can get a Shu umera curler on ebay or at sephora. I got mine on ebay with an end curler. It worked ok, but my lashes were always at 90 degrees. it didn''t look too natural.

I just ordered one from Sephora!
1.gif

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Thanks a lot for all the recommendations - and photos Shay!
36.gif

I bought the Nutrogena Clean Lash last weekend and used it this week. It stays on really well and did not give me racoon eyes. It does not add any volume and even though I have long eye lashes it did not "do" anything for my eyes. I tried it on my eyebrows and that worked great!

I guess everybody agrees that the Shu Uemura eyelash curler is the best. I will pop into Sephora tomorrow and get one for myself. And at $18 each it seems like a great stocking stuffer!

From everybody's posts it seems as if Maybeline and Lancome are the most popular brands. I will definitely try the Lancome Hypnose and the Maybeline XXL ( the photos convinced me) and go from there.

MC and DKS - I had exactly the same experience with Estee Lauder mascara. I got a sample and it was GREAT, but when I bought the full size it was yucky.
15.gif

Happy Halloween

Maya

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Maybelline''s mascaras. Bought this one on Saturday and it''s really kind of nice. Makes lashes long, no clumps, natural looking.

250.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as lash curlers, I use the good old drugstore metal ones. My favorite trick is to use waterproof Maybelline Great Lash, wait a few minutes for it to set, then I "heat" my eyelash curler with the blow dryer. (Test the temperature on the palm of your hand first so you don''t burn your eyelids!) The heat really sets the curl and as long as the curler is clean first it also helps to not rip out your lashes.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Guess what I am buying after work today.....

Lalalalaaaaa Long lashes here I come!!

I have long lashes but they are very blonde at the ends, I have a good time messing around with different ones. I tried something like the XXL one a few years ago- I was called Tony and Tiny or somthing, It really didn''t work very well. But I can see that this one is worth the gamble.... :)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Straw..... Who is that. Where''s Alex? Who is that? (shudders)

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I bought the Maybeline XXL and used it for the first time today.

It is great! My lashes look long and it is dark from the roots to the tips. No racoon eyes either!
9.gif

Maya

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
what about the Shu Uemura eyelash curler makes it better than say a curler from CVS??

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 11:26:43 PM
Author: Maya Moonstone
Hi

I bought the Maybeline XXL and used it for the first time today.

It is great! My lashes look long and it is dark from the roots to the tips. No racoon eyes either!
9.gif

Maya
Yay, Maya. Don''t you just love the stuff? I do.

shay

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2005 9:10:01 AM
Author: lovelylulu
what about the Shu Uemura eyelash curler makes it better than say a curler from CVS??
The curve and the "torque".

I might try that XXL...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results