shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite mascara?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I am looking for personal recommendations for mascara.
2.gif

What is your favorite brand? Which one did not work for you?

I have been using Mary Kay for a while, but my "vendor" lady is moving away and I want to be adventurous.
1.gif
Some brands make me look like a racoon within 2 hours of applying it.

So what is your favorite no smear and no tear mascara?

Maya

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~My favorite mascara is called Pro Longlash by MAC. I absolutely love the stuff, and it lasts for a long time!!!
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Nuetrgena Clean Lash, very light tints the lashs without making you look like you are trying too hard.

coconut

Shiny_Rock
I''ve tried many different mascara out there and I ended up sticking with Lancome''s Hypnose. I like their brown color...It never clutters but seriously thickens & lengthens

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
maybeliine grrrreaaaat lash, pink and green curved brush...since 14 years old...have worn it a few years!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Mac Zoom lash!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I never spend a lot since you have to replace it so regularly...I like maybelline lash discovery.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Lengthening & Curving Mascara by Bourjois which is sold at Ulta and Sephora.

Can''t recommend the Shu Uemera eyelash curler enough! That thing works like a charm!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lancome Definicils, I have used this for years. I am lucky that I have long eyelashes, some mascaras are too clumpy and I look like a dolly
14.gif
This one gives great length and separation but doesn''t clump at all. It is more pricey than most brands but lasts for ages and is easy to remove and doesn''t smear. The best IMO.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof in Brown/Black....I have to curl my eyelashes b/c they''re too long, and this is the only mascara that holds those suckers up all day!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Right now, Revlon Fabulash mascara.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
I swear by Kevin Aucoin''s mascera. i use the curling in black.

http://store.yahoo.com/kevynaucoin/mascara.html

second up is MAC''s fibre rich lash.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/mp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15102

and i recommend Sephora''s Go Curl Eyelash curler.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12343&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=C8620

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 3:43:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
Lancome Definicils, I have used this for years. I am lucky that I have long eyelashes, some mascaras are too clumpy and I look like a dolly
14.gif
This one gives great length and separation but doesn''t clump at all. It is more pricey than most brands but lasts for ages and is easy to remove and doesn''t smear. The best IMO.

DITTO every word

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m currently using Maybelline''s Lash Discovery -- no clumping here. You might be interested to go to a bookstore and check your a book by Paula Begoun (the "Cosmetics Cop") and reading her reviews of mascara and thousands of other makeup products. This tome is over 1,300 pages of cosmetics reviews and its really helped me to try new products and figure out which ones are complete rip-offs! It is a seriously great book!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to tell the name of the great cosmetics review book -- it''s called "Don''t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me." Paula Begoun also has a fantastic web site, www.cosmeticscop.com, and her own product line. I don''t use her makeup, but I do use her facial cleanser, toner, and sunscreen (very important in San Diego) and I have used her moisturizers too. Great stuff.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eyes are very sensitive, and I wear contacts. I can''t wear most brands because it makes my eyes water and sting! I really like Clinique Waterproof - it doesn''t flake or fall, and holds my curled lashes up all day. I like it a lot - most Clinique stuff is good for my sensitive eyes.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 2:12:04 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
maybeliine grrrreaaaat lash, pink and green curved brush...since 14 years old...have worn it a few years!
Hah! I used to wear it as a teenager. I wore an expensive brand for years; and, I have switched back to Mabeline Great Lash. You can''t beat it. I do use Mabeline "Unstoppable" for long wear. LOVE IT! Doesn''t smudge, washes off with soap and water, and it''s cheap to boot.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear Maybelline Full and soft in Black. No clumps.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Almay Bright Eyes waterproof mascara. I wore it on my wedding day and it's wonderful! Doesn't give me racoon eyes and stays on the whole day. Not clumpy either. I've used Cover Girl nonwaterproof in the past, and always got racoon eyes and had to reapply often to keep it looking fresh.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I really like Darphin mascara, but I have only found it at Neiman Marcus. Since I am 400 miles away from a NM store I also use Clinique High Impact mascara. Both give great coverage with two coats and do not smudge or flake. I am very picky about mascara.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 12:07:46 PM
Author: fire&ice
Date: 10/27/2005 2:12:04 AM

Author: door knob solitaire

Hah! I used to wear it as a teenager. I wore an expensive brand for years; and, I have switched back to Mabeline Great Lash. You can''t beat it. I do use Mabeline ''Unstoppable'' for long wear. LOVE IT! Doesn''t smudge, washes off with soap and water, and it''s cheap to boot.

I use great lash also in very black. It is what my mom always uses too. Its cheap, don''t have to make a special trip to buy it (at the mall), and works great. no clumps.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Blue 824 and portoar... Lash Discovery! I never have problems with clumping.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Maybelline Volum'' Express waterproof in black. I had to go upstairs and look.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 9:30:54 AM
Author: jcrow
I swear by Kevin Aucoin''s mascera. i use the curling in black.

http://store.yahoo.com/kevynaucoin/mascara.html
VERY good.

I like Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof or Lancome Hynose as well. I had DiorShow for my wedding, and the non waterproof took nearly 2 days to get off.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
I went from Maybelline Great Lash (pink/green bottle) in highschool thru my 20s.... 5 years ago... I find Max Factor 2000 Gel base/waterproof works much better for me.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto on the Lash Discovery - love this stuff, esp. waterproof.

01m.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I used to LOOOOOOVE Oil of Olay's Waterproof mascara.
Man That stuff wore like steel, never smudged, flaked, or budged!
It thickened and lengthened without clumping.
It was my Holy Grail of mascara's! they discontinued it!
I'm still in mourning.

I've used and liked the Clinque Gentle waterproof mascara.
I like Dior Show Waterproof - but only for UBER special occasions.
I like Maybelline Full and Soft Waterproof, I think it's a good everyday waterproof.

Recently, I've begun to believe the claim that waterproof mascara dries out and weakens lashes.
So does anyone have any suggestions for a inexpensive non-wp mascara that lengthens, thickens, and doesn't flake or clump? I don't like great lash.
Someone suggested Clinque High Impact?

OH* And a BIG Shout out for the Shu Uemura eyelash curler! That is an essential for every woman.
Shiseido's is also good, but can leave a crimp line with the Shu Uemera doesn't.

Also - Does anyone post or go to Makeup Alley?

Danke.
Scintillating...

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 9:12:33 AM
Author: lilyinct
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof in Brown/Black....I have to curl my eyelashes b/c they''re too long, and this is the only mascara that holds those suckers up all day!

I WISH I had that problem!!!
27.gif
(green with envy)

Loreal Voluminous in Black is my old standby. But I may have to try some of these others!!!

Definitely agree..shu uemura curler kicks butt!

memsy

Rough_Rock
am obsessed w/ the slightly new Maybelline XXL - it''s the one w/ the base coast and mascara (black and white double tube). It is UNBELIEVABLE- i do not have long lashes- they are short to medium and this makes them incredibly long.. and does NOT clump. Way better than Great Lash, Clinique High Impact, L''oreal Featherlash- all of which i used to use. I am never going back! HOWEVER- for my last tube i bought the "extra strength" and it is a bit TOO much- i dont even use the base now.. For my next i''ll go back to the regular strength.

I can''t recommend this stuff enough! When I got my haircut a few weeks ago, my hairdresser told me i had the longest lashes, she couldn''t believe it.. I told her it was all the mascara and she was shocked- it''s THAT good!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve tried many brands but I''ve found Lancome''s Hypnose to be the best for me (and I wear contacts). If I''m looking for a little more fullness, I''ll put on Loreal Double Extend (just the base coat) then put the Lancome over that. And if I''m really going out for night on the town, I''lll put on my MAC eyelashes (#7''s)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results