shape
carat
color
clarity

favorite chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Valentines Day to everyone.....I hope everyone eats at least 1 piece of chocolate today. what is your absolute favorite chocolate to eat? I really
emlove.gif
plain hershey bars.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
OOoooh a chocolate thread! I don't like American chocolate very much, but I love Lindt chocolate, and german milkchocolate with hazlenuts in it, and those Cadbury Flakes from the UK! Yum!

*M*

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I''m into Ethel M truffles. I buy them for the happy hubby every time I go to get my hair cut and I always manage to sneak one (or two!) out of the box for myself... YUM!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I have two favorite chocolates. I refuse to settle on one of them.
emsmilep.gif

Dagoba - Roseberry (dark chocolate blended with dried raspberries and rosehips) Dagoba has many scrumptious blends, but this is my favorite.

Scharffen Berger Dark Chocolate - they make little 1 oz. snack-sized bars that are conveniently located near the check-out line of my WholeFoods

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man i forgot how much i
emlove.gif
ferraro rocher with the nut inside...so creamy yummy
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any dark plain European (preferably Swiss) chocolate! Yum!

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
hoping to make my infamous RM chocolate factory fondue for this evening. So I may have more then I can handle tonight....

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
okay, I''m boring & definitely American
41.gif

PLAIN Hershey bars with FRESH orange juice with pulp... wierd but my FAVORITE combo!

Aussie : p

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love Cote D''Or Noir de Noir chocolate. I recently discovered it and it''s just amazing dark chocolate.

I also like Perugina Baci chocolates because of the love notes inside each wrapper. I have a whole collection of the little notes!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 11:30:18 AM
Author: aussiegirl23
41.gif

PLAIN Hershey bars with FRESH orange juice with pulp... wierd but my FAVORITE combo!

I actually didn''t know it was physically possible to eat chocolate and then drink orange juice! Lol!

*M*

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love baci too--hi my name is kelly and i am a chocoholic. i need a 12 step program...or 12 types of chocolate to eat today
31.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 11:34:07 AM
Author: poptart

Date: 2/14/2007 11:30:18 AM
Author: aussiegirl23
41.gif

I actually didn''t know it was physically possible to eat chocolate and then drink orange juice! Lol!

*M*
Hmm... why not? It''s a great combination for sweetness & tartness in the juice... am I THAT wierd?? Okay fine I am!
11.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love so many different kinds of chocolate.

1. See''s Milk Chocolate Buttercreams

2. Godiva truffles

3. Schmid''s is a candy store close to me and they make the MOST wonderful choc. dipped strawberries and English Toffee....My sweetie got me some of the toffee for V-Day. I had already eaten a large chunk by 7 am this morning. Chocolate...The Breakfast of Champions!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hey miranda....technically chocolate is a dairy food[:naughty:]
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love See's, it is my absolute favorite.

I am not a huge Godiva fan at all, but See's is awesome.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Americans do a lot of things well, but IMHO chocolate is not one of them.

Belgian chocolate IS fantastic...when I was there I just wandered the streets buying and eating chocolate.

For easy access, I do like Godiva truffles. But my current fav is anything Haighs from Australia.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
See''s has always been my favorite, they do not have it in the East.

I do not love dark chocolate though I know it is better for you...

I like most chocolate and will eat it but See''s is just my favorite for some reason...

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Any brand of chocolate covered cherries.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am with you Diamondfan. See''s candy. Yum yum yum. I forget the name of them, but I love the ones with the chocolate sprinkles on top. You bite into them and inside it is cream mocha. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMY.
30.gif
I also like their lollipops. We get those for our grandkids, but we like those too. tee hee. LOVE the chocolate ones.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
CrownJewel.. I''m with you..

the Cote d''Noir... is my ABSOLUTE favorite...

A friend brought me a huge bar back from Belgium for xmas.. and I literally drooled over the thing... my mouth is watering right now just thinking about it..

And the worst part.. being on this island!!! they dont sell it anywhere!!! argggggh...

I am going on a massive search for it this weekend while I am home in the States!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindt milk chocolate truffles.
36.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 12:39:00 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/14/2007 11:11:45 AM
Author:NYCsparkle
Happy Valentines Day to everyone.....I hope everyone eats at least 1 piece of chocolate today. what is your absolute favorite chocolate to eat? I really
emlove.gif
plain hershey bars.
I looove Godiva truffles.. BUT.. for ''every day'' chocolate.. I loooove Dove dark chocolate.. MMM!!
emlove.gif

(btw.. I eat my hershey bars -with almonds- by dipping them in Jif pnut butter. lol)
Thanks Michelle for helping my case -- EVERYONE has some "interesting" way of eating their favorites... and you''re not crazy!
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m not that fond of American chocolate either, but I do love See''s because it reminds me of Christmas... when my California-native parents order cases of it to hand out to their confused Texas friends! My favorite piece of See''s is "California Brittle"... it''s a chunk of toffee with almonds, coated in chocolate. FAB. And only 1 piece in a whole 2 pound assortment. What''s up with that? I once ordered a whole box of just those, but that''s not a good habit.
11.gif

I just bought a bag of Hershey''s extra dark squares and that''s been a good way to handle my daily chocolate ration. I do prefer dark chocolate to milk, especially if it''s American made.

My favorite candy bar is actually British-made Cadbury Whole Nut (Hazlenut) bar. Can''t really find it in the US, except sometimes at World Market. And it HAS to be British made. It''s way different. I also love the Cadbury Twirls, which they also don''t sell here.

My favorite chocolate memory ever was buying a pound of Belgian chocolates and saying "one of those, one of those, one of those..." and then having her gift wrap it because it was a gift to MYSELF!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle,

That sounds yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.
9.gif

Linda

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 11:56:21 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love See''s, it is my absolute favorite.

I am not a huge Godiva fan at all, but See''s is awesome.
Ditto.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I love the Lindor Milk Chocolate truffles...the one with the "melting heart"

Sooo good!

Fondue is my fave food I think (can I call it food?) nd I usually make it with Toblerone bars! Mmmm

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I wouldn''t turn down any chocolate, except white chocolate
14.gif
, no matter what country it came from. Having said that though, American-made chocolate doesn''t do it for me quite like the rich, creaminess of European chocolate. YUM!

We''re currently snowed in and my boyfriend is playing a video game. Valentine''s chocolates are apparently not on his mind right now. You''d think a boy would anticipate an impending snowstorm and buy his girl some choclates ahead of time! Sheesh!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like sees... to me that''s the best. I don''t like godiva chocolate. It''s "okay". I had a boyfriend who''s father''s girlfriend was a district manager for godiva in the bay area years ago and every year around christmas she would have BOXES AND BOXES AND BOXES of chocolate as promo giveaway stuff stacked in the dining room so there was always 2-3 open boxes on the counter and if one emptied you got another or even if your favorite wasn''t in the box you got another LOL I ate so much I got sick of it and to this day it is "okay".

I *hate* hershey''s chocolate - it''s not even worth eating. I keep kisses for the kids because I know I won''t eat them. Even at my worst most desperate PMS chocolate need I will drive to the store before eating a kiss. YUCKO!!!!!! The dark is somewhat edible but I''ll pass that up as well.

I like barely sweetened chocolate - I am a total chocolate snob other than sees candies which don''t necessarily have the best *chocolate* but they''re the best "chocolates" as in candies.

The best actual chocolate I have had was at this annual thing they have here every year and there was a booth set up and this man was giving out samples of totally unsweetened varieties of chocolate - several types. It was like wine tasting - the differences were so complex and amazing.

BUT if I HAVE to buy a "candy bar" from the store, only one will do.... Moose Munch Bars made by Henry and David. Their chocolate is very good also - very very very good. Dark chocolate only of course. $2 for a candybar... lol they sell them at target here. :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Perugina dark chocolate, yummmm!!!
18.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 11:14:51 AM
Author: poptart
OOoooh a chocolate thread! I don''t like American chocolate very much, but I love Lindt chocolate, and german milkchocolate with hazlenuts in it, and those Cadbury Flakes from the UK! Yum!

*M*
okay I admit it I''ll also eat the hell out of the lindt truffle balls... they''re not really truffles to me but gimmeee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results