shape
carat
color
clarity

favorite chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i''m with you zoe bartlette, they can keep that white chocolate. i think i read someplace it wasn''t real chocolate anyway.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 11:36:48 AM
Author: Miranda
I love so many different kinds of chocolate.

1. See''s Milk Chocolate Buttercreams

2. Godiva truffles

3. Schmid''s is a candy store close to me and they make the MOST wonderful choc. dipped strawberries and English Toffee....My sweetie got me some of the toffee for V-Day. I had already eaten a large chunk by 7 am this morning. Chocolate...The Breakfast of Champions!
my husband bought me a box of godiva truffles last year on v-day and one of them was deformed when I opened the box and I called to let them know and they sent me another box LOL

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
white chocolate is not really chocolate...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 11:56:21 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love See''s, it is my absolute favorite.

I am not a huge Godiva fan at all, but See''s is awesome.
I can see that we can NEVER be in the same room with chocolate DF!! lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I rarely eat the stuff but when I do it is either, Callebault or Coppeneur. I''ve already enjoyed a few pieces today!

cheers--Sharon

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 12:10:31 PM
Author: diamondfan
See''s has always been my favorite, they do not have it in the East.

I do not love dark chocolate though I know it is better for you...

I like most chocolate and will eat it but See''s is just my favorite for some reason...
Okay good - milk chocolate for you, dark chocolate for me ::whew:: we''re safe ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 12:39:00 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/14/2007 11:11:45 AM
Author:NYCsparkle
Happy Valentines Day to everyone.....I hope everyone eats at least 1 piece of chocolate today. what is your absolute favorite chocolate to eat? I really
emlove.gif
plain hershey bars.
I looove Godiva truffles.. BUT.. for ''every day'' chocolate.. I loooove Dove dark chocolate.. MMM!!
emlove.gif

(btw.. I eat my hershey bars -with almonds- by dipping them in Jif pnut butter. lol)
I have to say for "cheap" chocolate the dove dark is pretty good too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:27:13 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

2. Godiva truffles

3. Schmid''s is a candy store close to me and they make the MOST wonderful choc. dipped strawberries and English Toffee....My sweetie got me some of the toffee for V-Day. I had already eaten a large chunk by 7 am this morning. Chocolate...The Breakfast of Champions!
my husband bought me a box of godiva truffles last year on v-day and one of them was deformed when I opened the box and I called to let them know and they sent me another box LOL
LOL, you''re kidding right? I mean this in the most lighthearted way - knowing that you called to complain about CHOCOLATE, I''d be pretty darn nervous to take on your ring project!
2.gif
Good thing I am not a jeweler!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
See's Candies hands down!! I have had a ton of fabulous chocolates in my lifetime....we love really good dark chocolate and have bought some really amazing tasty stuff here and there especially when we travel, but I am such a sucker for See's Candies. I was raised on them from childhood and my Mom loves them and always has them in her house so I just love em. I have my favorites, the Divinity, the Strawberry Buttercream, the Rum Nougat and Pineapple Buttercream are my current faves. I also love the Mint Truffles, and the ones that are like nuts covered with chocolate and caramel.

And I know I am a freak but I am not impressed by Godiva's stuff. We have a local candy store that's been around for like 40 years ,they have the best chocolate covered cherries there, but I don't like their truffles and stuff either. Go figure, I'm ruined by Sees! Oh I also love Scharffen Berger stuff, we typically have one or two Nibby bars around the house for Greg to nosh on with his port.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:32:18 PM
Author: TravelingGal

2. Godiva truffles

LOL, you''re kidding right? I mean this in the most lighthearted way - knowing that you called to complain about CHOCOLATE, I''d be pretty darn nervous to take on your ring project!
2.gif
Good thing I am not a jeweler!
LOL I was totally thinking the same thing!!! I would have just eaten the deformed truffle first!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
BACI!!!!

My favorite chocolate of all time. Italy''s version of a chocolate kiss...with chopped hazelnut inside...YUM!

B000MKKVIE.01-A3GV8OQ8JSJFT4._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention I do love Ethel M''s dark chocolate that is filled with Lemon Cream, that is to die for. Unfortunately, they don''t have Ethel M where I live.

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

You are not alone. I don''t like Godiva''s either. I had them a few years back and wondered what all the hype was. They are expensive and to me, isn''t worth the price.

Linda

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:32:18 PM
Author: TravelingGal
LOL, you''re kidding right?
LMAO!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:33:54 PM
Author: Mara
See''s Candies hands down!! I have had a ton of fabulous chocolates in my lifetime....we love really good dark chocolate and have bought some really amazing tasty stuff here and there especially when we travel, but I am such a sucker for See''s Candies. I was raised on them from childhood and my Mom loves them and always has them in her house so I just love em. I have my favorites, the Divinity, the Strawberry Buttercream, the Rum Nougat and Pineapple Buttercream are my current faves. I also love the Mint Truffles, and the ones that are like nuts covered with chocolate and caramel.
I think that is the reason that so many of us like sees. I don''t like american chocolate, but I WILL eat sees. I love the ones with the almonds on top of the caramely sticky stuff. It is "comfort" chocolate!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:35:53 PM

I would have just eaten the deformed truffle first!
LMAOROTF! Deformed-truffle-lover!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:43:02 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/14/2007 1:35:53 PM

I would have just eaten the deformed truffle first!
LMAOROTF! Deformed-truffle-lover!
Now, is that really fair Deco? She may be a deformed-truffle-TOLERATER.

But I do have to admit, those sad little lumpy lopsided balls do tug on my heart strings a little. I guess that's why I cave and buy those big tins of 2nd rate almond roca that don't get their own little proud gold wrappers.

ETA...looking at what I wrote...I think there is room for a new word. How about truffle-tolerEATER?

(bad, I know).

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 11:11:45 AM
Author:NYCsparkle
Happy Valentines Day what is your absolute favorite chocolate to eat?

In lieu of addressing everyone & their fave sweets individually
31.gif
I'll just say ... sounds yummy Y'ALL
And *MY* faves:

EVERYDAY: Toblerone bars

SPECIAL: See's / Krause's (local) -- toss up

VERY SPECIAL: Belgian truffles .. my aunt reminded me the other day of LEONIDIS ... I used to sneak them out of her freezer when I visited as a kid ... I played elaborate mental games about how many she'd notice were gone & ate as many as I could without arousing suspicion! I think I felt ESPECIALLY guilty 'cause she'd brought them back from Europe & had a limited supply.
11.gif
Perhaps - since she mentioned them to me - I wasn't as SNEAKY as I thought I'd been!
23.gif
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope Ocean doesn''t read this.

42.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
jaders,
Where are you? I googled cote d''or and they sell it online. If you ever end up in NYC, I know they sell it at Garden of Eden stores. Here''s one of the online sites: http://www.worldwidechocolate.com/shop_cotedor.html

Mmmm. I have the end of a giant bar in the kitchen. I love eating a piece with a handful of unsalted roasted almonds. Yum.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
See''s Marzipan is my absolute favorite!
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Bar none, the best chocolate I''ve had in AMERICA (land of the powerful corn lobby... and hence of cheap corn derived sugars, and hence of bad chocolate... in case you ever wondered why!) is...

VOSGES.

If you live in NYC, you can get it in their bright purple Soho shop. If you live in Chicago, there''s a shop on North Michigan. Otherwise, you have to go here:

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

I was about to say it''s overpriced. But honestly? I would sell my first born for their ''Naga Bar''. I swear.

And hey, I just noticed they do wedding favors!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Oooh I just LOVE chocolate of any kind, BUT I must admit my most favorite chocolate is Josh Early Candies w/out a doubt! They are to die for!

30.gif
30.gif
www.joshearlycandies.com

It's a family owned business in the Allentown/Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania. I have been endulging in their chocolates since I was a little girl and to this day, stop by the shop to pick-up my favorite treat - nonpareils! They are famous in my hometown and simply a must for any holiday!

I always like to give their chocolates as gifts to people who aren't from my hometown and everyone keeps coming back and asking me for more. My FI is totally hooked - he's the one who always wants to stop there when he comes home with me! Hehehe!
5.gif

josh early.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
independent gal, i read about vosges in an article recently!! they did a piece on the owner and founder...and i totally wanted to get a box of them...it wasn''t enough time for vday but they sound divine. i like that she experiments with lots of funky things and it''s not your typical chocolate. aka one was like ginger and pepper or something and she said everyone she told it to thought her combos were so gross, but then they would take a bite and a look of bliss would spread over their faces.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
hmmmm....Julia Childs'' recipe for chocolate mousse (perhaps with Grand Marnier replacing the coffee?)

Chocolate dipped strawberries!!!
3.gif

widget

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Cocoabella chocolates....they have every variety and type. Recchiuti truffles are awesome, too!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trader Joe''s has these french truffles (come in a brown box). They are really really good and very cost effective!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
The best hand-dipped, filled with real creme fraiche, etc.....

Manon

I haven't had them in probably 15+ years, but never forgot them...they were absolutely amazing. Some are double-dipped with different layers of fillings....fabulous.

www.chocolatiermanon.com/catalogue.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results