shape
carat
color
clarity

favorite chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2007 2:08:26 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/15/2007 1:51:12 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/15/2007 1:34:06 PM
Author: Mara
UMMMM. Choc. covered strawberries were my AI/VD treat too!! (Does that sound like I''m *diseased*?
3.gif
) The local candy store around here was advertising them on TeeVee and I mentioned it and the sweetie DH took off work early Tues to drive hellafaraway to get them (before the huge snowstorm here hit). He doesn''t dig ''em so they were MINE ALL MINE! A whole darn box -- pound? I did eat 1/2 - darn you american idol. But I figured they''d start absorbing refrig smells if I don''t eat ''em quick-like. HA! That''s what I tell myself!
9.gif

VANILLA -- I love vanilla anything. Double, triple vanilla. I use vanilla creamer in vanilla coffee & would add vanilla sugar if I could find it. Nothing ''boring'' about that, TG!!
LOL...yeah, kinda. I never knew what ''Save the Dates'' were until I had to my own wedding planning. It always made me blink for a second over in the BIW forum when I saw thread titles like ''STDs, which do you prefer?''
Bahahaha!
9.gif

Now, what does AI/VD stand for? ... Valentine''s Day?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 3:20:05 PM
Author: Kim N
Now, what does AI/VD stand for? ... Valentine''s Day?
AI/VD = American Idol/Valentine''s Day ... I am such a Idol-holic
31.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 2:08:26 PM

Date: 2/15/2007 1:51:12 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/15/2007 1:34:06 PM
Author: Mara
UMMMM. Choc. covered strawberries were my AI/VD treat too!! (Does that sound like I''m *diseased*?
3.gif
) The local candy store around here was advertising them on TeeVee and I mentioned it and the sweetie DH took off work early Tues to drive hellafaraway to get them (before the huge snowstorm here hit). He doesn''t dig ''em so they were MINE ALL MINE! A whole darn box -- pound? I did eat 1/2 - darn you american idol. But I figured they''d start absorbing refrig smells if I don''t eat ''em quick-like. HA! That''s what I tell myself!
9.gif

VANILLA -- I love vanilla anything. Double, triple vanilla. I use vanilla creamer in vanilla coffee & would add vanilla sugar if I could find it. Nothing ''boring'' about that, TG!!
LOL...yeah, kinda. I never knew what ''Save the Dates'' were until I had to my own wedding planning. It always made me blink for a second over in the BIW forum when I saw thread titles like ''STDs, which do you prefer?''
LOL! And the threads titled ''What color for my BMs''. Sorry, I couldn''t resist.

Back to chocolate...I''m a vanilla girl, too. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Vanilla buttercream frosting is my absolute fave!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh I saw choco covered potato chips at Neiman''s yesterday! I didn''t buy a box (um, ate too much choco already) but I am definitely going to try them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 4:20:45 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Kaleigh I saw choco covered potato chips at Neiman''s yesterday! I didn''t buy a box (um, ate too much choco already) but I am definitely going to try them!
Oh you will love them. Didn''t know Neiman''s had them....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 1:06:44 PM

But back to regular scheduled programming. Am I the only one who likes white chocolate? And does anyone actually ever prefer vanilla to chocolate? Does this make me boring? Hm.....
37.gif
sacrilege fighting in a thread about chocolate - unless you''re fighting OVER the chocolate ;-)

I like white chocolate but only if it''s really good white chocolate - in the lindt truffle balls I actually prefer the white chocolate even over the dark chocolate!! but that''s the only exception I can think of. I don''t like vanilla chips - I really only like it if it has the cocoa butter in it. Sometimes I prefer vanilla to chocolate but all too often it''s too sweet - chocolate ice cream isn''t as sweet as vanilla. But my favorite ice cream of all time - and of course this is ridiculous since I just said vanilla was too sweet lol - is vanilla sprinkled with brown sugar. Go figure! I love the flavor and the grittiness as it melts in my mouth with the vanilla...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was a child I liked white chocolate. Now not so much! I will eat dark if it''s the only thing in the house. But my fav is milk chocolate. Now if the white is mixed with milk chocolate then that has potential. LOL

My husband, son, and close friend all prefer DARK chocolate.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oooohhh, I love those white chocolate lindt truffle balls too! Yummy!

Those choco covered pretzels that Sharon brought for me when we met in Calgary were TDF!

BUT the piece de resistance = chocolate with red wine
emlove.gif

Honestly, after a meal of fresh crusty bread, baked brie, strawberries, choc and vino, I could die a very happy woman!!!! And if I ate this every day, it could be sooner rather than later....lol
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 12:00:08 PM
Author: hlmr
Oooohhh, I love those white chocolate lindt truffle balls too! Yummy!

Those choco covered pretzels that Sharon brought for me when we met in Calgary were TDF!

BUT the piece de resistance = chocolate with red wine
emlove.gif

Honestly, after a meal of fresh crusty bread, baked brie, strawberries, choc and vino, I could die a very happy woman!!!! And if I ate this every day, it could be sooner rather than later....lol
3.gif
LOL! That''s just what I was thinking.
9.gif

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
I love Frango Mints from Marshall Fields in Chicago. However, now it is Macys. Also, Fannie Mae is just awsome! Their turtles are to die for!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Currently munching on the white chocolate truffle balls in question. I prefer them to the ''real'' chocolate lindt balls, too Cehra... they are much less waxy.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 8:24:06 PM
Author: Gypsy
Currently munching on the white chocolate truffle balls in question. I prefer them to the ''real'' chocolate lindt balls, too Cehra... they are much less waxy.
I love the way they melt.... the blue ball ones (dark chocolate) are my 2nd fav but the yellow balls are to die for!! Have you tried all the flavors? Commonly I just see red (milk) blue and yellow but I''ve also seen orange (peanut butter) green (mint) and brown (hazelnut). Oh and during the holidays there was silver/white which was I think white choc on the outside, milk on the inside.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:36:48 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 2/14/2007 4:35:34 PM
Author: KristyDarling

Does anyone remember Marshall Fields'' Frango chocolate mints? Of course, now they''re called ''Macy''s Frango Mints'' but we all know where they REALLY came from! They are so heavenly!!!

Remember them??? I have a box of them sitting on my desk right now. Want one?
2.gif
I got a good chuckle from this one.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Love Ethel M coffee liquers but I can''t get them here in Chicago.
Ethel''s Chocolate Lounge (which I think is affiliated with Ethel M) makes some wonderful caramels. I hate chewy caramel but theirs have soft caramel.

I am not big on white chocolate alone but I love anything flavored white chocolate. I had a white chocolate mousse once that was heaven on earth. Unfortunately, the restaurant is no longer in existence.

I love those Katharine Beecher (or something like that) chocolate caramel bars that they sell through school fundraisers but I can''t ever get them anywhere.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one here who doesn''t like chocolate? I have had many, many types as my friends see it as a major problem that I don''t really like chocolate and so they''ll bring it over all the time thinking that one day I will. I don''t like the texture, the smell, and the after taste in my mouth. This Valentines day I got a big "bouquet" of chocolate covered strawberries from someone who obviously doesn''t know me too well and I carefully discarded the chocolate shell before I ate the delicious berries.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m with you Miss Prudetial, I''m not a huge chocolate (or lolly/sugary stuff for that matter) fan at all, but I do like the odd bit of Cadbury''s Dream white chocolate! Whilst I love really rich cheesecakes and things like that I can easily pass on chocolate, but cheese is my one real weakness!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results