shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite casual but fashionable shoes for walking around?

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
And remember to waterproof you shoes/sandals before you go.
I do this with all shoes and it has saved me from ruining them if we end up in rain or in a wet environment. Also protects from things like soy sauce drips.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful recommendations!! I have some shopping to do today :dance::mrgreen2:

Q

Queenie60

Sesto Meucci walking shoes, stylish and very comfortable. I recently purchased a pair of Taryn Rose walking shoes and they too are quite comfortable.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just ordered 11 pairs of shoes, from at least half of the brands recommended on this thread! They should arrive just in time for me to try them on and decide what to keep before I have to throw them in a suitcase :lol:

Thanks again for your help. I was introduced to a lot of new brands and for sure will be revisiting this thread when it's time to order more shoes :dance:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8A53E3DE-417B-43D0-8EF9-7E1182F2DD49.jpeg

@PintoBean I wore my okukais to the pool today! :dance:

Those are adorable! And so perfect for the pool.

This is one pair I ordered, and I plan on them being my new pre/post golf shoes (my golf shoes have spikes so I need other shoes for driving there, walking around the clubhouse, etc). I’ve been using some cheap croc sandals for that task for a few years but couldn’t pass up this patriotic-themed pair :kiss2:
3489CC08-8856-4FC4-82FB-77108E9049D2.jpeg

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay @KristinTech @kipari and anyone else interested, here’s what I ordered!
BFE3AF39-F851-4473-91CC-BBE88B25BD70.jpeg

CF88D7FE-08D9-4CDA-A1EE-25456C886710.jpeg EFFC9599-D0D6-4AF1-B3DF-FF8FB352488D.jpeg

Disclaimer: The white low heels were to replace some I have been trying to find a replacement for due to blisters, the patriotic ones hit my heart too hard to pass by, and the purple flower ones... I mean, purple AND flowers??? I was done for!! So those three were unrelated to the trip (although the white ones will probably come with me.)

Of the other eight pairs, I’ll keep five (the two espadrilles, the colorful Naot slides, the Sketchers, and the Merrell) and send the other three back.

I know it’s a lot but I never buy shoes; most ones in my closet not only aren’t fashionable but also are close to a decade old or older so I was definitely due for some upgrades! I just had never put money in to my shoes. DH is showing me the error of my ways :lol:

Anyway, I think I’m all set for the trip now! Thanks again!! :kiss2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are adorable! And so perfect for the pool.

This is one pair I ordered, and I plan on them being my new pre/post golf shoes (my golf shoes have spikes so I need other shoes for driving there, walking around the clubhouse, etc). I’ve been using some cheap croc sandals for that task for a few years but couldn’t pass up this patriotic-themed pair :kiss2:
3489CC08-8856-4FC4-82FB-77108E9049D2.jpeg

I have a pair in that style from several years ago, but without the peace symbols - very comfortable! I bought my second pair of Taos Trulie's just today - the slightly higher heel is often more comfortable for me. I would have tried on a pair of the new Taos sneakers, but I spotted them just as the store was closing for the evening. The saleswoman was wearing them - in red :love: - and said she absolutely loved them! I'll have to go back later and try them on!

(BTW I got my first pair of Trulias last summer, and used them a lot during our 7-week, cross-country, car-camping trip. One day towards the end of the trip, however I reached for them as I was getting out of the car... and could only find one shoe. I realized I must have left the other in our last camping spot, 200 miles or so ago. :cry: The fact that I'd pay over $150 to replace them is a testament to how much I like these shoes!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do this with all shoes and it has saved me from ruining them if we end up in rain or in a wet environment. Also protects from things like soy sauce drips.

I don't normally think about this for sandals, but... Great Idea!

Do you also waterproof something like a sueded footbed, or just the uppers?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CF88D7FE-08D9-4CDA-A1EE-25456C886710.jpeg EFFC9599-D0D6-4AF1-B3DF-FF8FB352488D.jpeg

Disclaimer: The white low heels were to replace some I have been trying to find a replacement for due to blisters, the patriotic ones hit my heart too hard to pass by, and the purple flower ones... I mean, purple AND flowers??? I was done for!! So those three were unrelated to the trip (although the white ones will probably come with me.)

Of the other eight pairs, I’ll keep five (the two espadrilles, the colorful Naot slides, the Sketchers, and the Merrell) and send the other three back.

I know it’s a lot but I never buy shoes; most ones in my closet not only aren’t fashionable but also are close to a decade old or older so I was definitely due for some upgrades! I just had never put money in to my shoes. DH is showing me the error of my ways :lol:

Thanks for the update and woohoo, great haul! I think you will be very pleased and very comfy in your new shoes. May you enjoy walking long distances exploring new ground and enjoying life's adventures.:appl:

7e45f3bec7102b9724aa44cfa62570d1.jpg

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I don't normally think about this for sandals, but... Great Idea!

Do you also waterproof something like a sueded footbed, or just the uppers?

I just do the uppers, I stuff newspaper in where my foot would be.
But hmmm, will go google and see if it would be good idea to do foot bed. Not sure if that would work if your feet got sweaty or you were in rain. Would it make it more slippery?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just do the uppers, I stuff newspaper in where my foot would be.
But hmmm, will go google and see if it would be good idea to do foot bed. Not sure if that would work if your feet got sweaty or you were in rain. Would it make it more slippery?

I wouldn't want any of the product directly on my skin. Especially when friction+heat+ humidity would mean that it'll probably be absorbed into the skin really well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't want any of the product directly on my skin. Especially when friction+heat+ humidity would mean that it'll probably be absorbed into the skin really well.

Thank you both - good points!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wowee! What a collection! :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a note on the Taos shoes: when try them on, they tend to feel like the arch supports don’t hit my foot just right. But the do conform to my feet, an feel just fine after I e worn them for just a few hours.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adidas white superstar shell tops with various customizations.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I would also suggest cloth Vans, or Keds with the rubber soles....

I find that of that whole Genre of cloth sneakers, Vans are the most comfortable for walking. All Stars are too stiff, and I have never been able to break in that toe box. Keds are a bit more narrow and can be uncomfortable towards the front after A LOT of walking - though offer superior arch support - and can be broken in easily. Vans on the other hand are the right width for my feet, with decent support, break in easily, and don't don't really rub.

I will say that I like wearing these types of shoes on wet days as they dry quickly and the rubber soles offer great grippage when walking.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taos is my favorite brand!

P

PierreBear

Wow! Great tip. What is the process on waterproofing? A spray on application that needs to be touched up once in awhile? Appreciate the help.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I used a spray on waterproofer. I started doing it for DH's suede shoes and then realized it would help with the salt stains on leather in the winter.
Good thought about touch up--I should probably do that summer and winter when I switch shoes out.

P

PierreBear

I used a spray on waterproofer. I started doing it for DH's suede shoes and then realized it would help with the salt stains on leather in the winter.
Good thought about touch up--I should probably do that summer and winter when I switch shoes out.

Thank you! I actually always stray away from suede material because I'm nervous about messing it up but now I know what to do. Appreciate it!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reiker is my new favorite brand... can wear them out of the box.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, longtime Naot fan here!

Based on this thread I checked out 2 pairs of Taos shoes and while one pair didn't fit right, the other pair (see below) is fabulously comfortable and looks great on my feet ... big thank you to ILikeShiny for creating this thread and to all the posters as well!

Taos Gift 2 (navy pearl)
shopping

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks like you got all the shoes you need! But I wanted to recommend AllBirds if they haven't been yet. They're kind of a "thing" here, and considered the most comfortable shoe, plus they are made of sustainable materials. I have a pair of the wool runners and they are pretty comfy and easy to slip on and go.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
When I want to look nicer but comfy I have Birkenstock sandals, Minnetonka suede moccasins or my favorite Frye boots.

But usually for a lot of walking I wear my running shoes. After I’ve run a good 500 miles in them they’re not as great for running and I rotate them in to be my walking shoes until they are completely dead :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results