shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite beauty products

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wearing a "uniform" of black pants, black shoes and whatever top. No make up. I''m wanting to start styling! I''m experimenting with make up and hair products.

So far, I can''t live without Mabelline Age Rewind foundation -- it''s really good -- better than my Shiseido! I like the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil for a powder, the Bisque for cover, and my Estee Lauder blush. I have a matte plumb eyeshadow and Cover Girl Mascara. Some Loreal eye liner in Cafe that I''ve had literally for years, but can''t find anything I like better. The one thing I have a ton of is lipstick and lip gloss. And nail polish because I was a nail tech and I can''t pass up the beauty supply when they get new colors for each season. The best polish base is Creative Stickey and the best topcoat is Seche Vite! The one thing that is always, always done is my nails. The rest needs experimentation and a lot of work, LOL!

So share your fav products, techniques, etc. before someone nominates me for What Not to Wear!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
No one has any beauty products or secrets for me???? Come on, SPILL!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been reading in the family and home (I think that is what it is) part of the forum here and someone posted a site that has the words "paula''s choice" in it (I googled for it)-where all the major cosmetic brands are compared... it''s fun reading the opinions.

As far as my own favs--I''m hooked on the plain ole CVS vitamin e creme in a jar--I put it on my face after a shower. Works great as an overnight moisturizer.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate make up too!!! I wear it because I need to look nice but everyone on the forum seems to like Bare Essentials, I guess that ties in w/QVC. I love Revlons liquid eyeliner.

I love clinique for blush both powder and creme blushes.

I also like biolage ultra hydrating balm (conditioner) sold at target. It helps keep my hair shiny!! I am known for my shiny dark hair
2.gif

Also, this is what is said by
Fergie from the Black-eyed Peas said she "has dry hair and loves Biolage Conditioning Balm;" in fact, she said she "had one in her bag at Zootopia."

Have you seen this on Family and home about beauty products. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/drugstore-finds.54115/

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
let's see...

i use studio tech foundation from MAC and LOVE it!
also a must is applying it with a foundation brush. i have the PERSCRIPTIVES one. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
i puffy heart KEVIN AUCOIN mascara - the curling one.
my fave lip stuff is instand gold lipglass by MAC
my fave blush is NARS orgasm
i also use MAC eyeshadow

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is neither trendy or exciting, but I''ve used Mary Kay make-up for more than 20 years. I''m set in my ways and really don''t have any desire to try another brand!

My daughter does threaten to send me to "What Not to Wear", and that would be just fine with me to get that $5000 card to go clothes shopping with!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I will be 52 next week - I''ve been using Maybeline Eye Makeup Remover (blue bottle)
for as long as I can remember, maybe since I was 18 or so. Before that, I used Baby Oil.
Now I''m hunting Apricot Kernel Oil to remove makeup. We will see.

Love the Bare Ess. mineral foundation. I use the Mineral Veil very sparingly.
Benefit Eyebrow kit - a wax and a powder in one compact
Benefit Lemonaid for concealer, but I''m going to look for something new. This is a little
tough to put on.
Maybeline Lash Discovery - why pay more!
Just bought new eye shadow and eye liner pencil, verdict still out.
Blistek Silk and Shine - right after I brush my teeth, then makeup, lipstick last.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 10:22:32 PM
Author: Ann
I will be 52 next week - I''ve been using Maybeline Eye Makeup Remover (blue bottle)
for as long as I can remember, maybe since I was 18 or so. Before that, I used Baby Oil.
Now I''m hunting Apricot Kernel Oil to remove makeup. We will see.

Love the Bare Ess. mineral foundation. I use the Mineral Veil very sparingly.
Benefit Eyebrow kit - a wax and a powder in one compact
Benefit Lemonaid for concealer, but I''m going to look for something new. This is a little
tough to put on.
Maybeline Lash Discovery - why pay more!
Just bought new eye shadow and eye liner pencil, verdict still out.
Blistek Silk and Shine - right after I brush my teeth, then makeup, lipstick last.
Happy early birthday Ann, I''ve seen pics of you and you look fab!!! I also love Bare Ess mineral foundation. One thing I have done is to shave my legs with baby oil. They are soooo smooth, baby oil is great for so many things. I want to hear what you think about the Apricot kernel oil, do you buy that at your local super market?? I just turned 45 last week, and want to preserve my skin as best I can.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy soon to be birthday!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin: Funny, both creative Stickey and Seche Vite made my nails peel. But everyone's chemistry is different. I use Original Matte Nail Envy by OPI, and Bubble bath by OPI. Its my nail "uniform" and I can get almost a week without chips and my nails do not peel.

My fave beauty products? I cannot live without MAC Strobe Cream. (It works on oily or dry skin) It has a sublte opalescence to it that wakes up even the most hung over/over worked/overwrough/whatever complexion. You look fab even if you were up all night with a puking toddler. LOL.

Revlon used to make a brown pencil eyeliner called "chocolate bar" and it was a wet/dry with a coppery glint to it. Gorgeous, but I can't find it anymore! Wah!! Its too awesome.

MAC spice lipliner. Can't live without it. Looks good drawn in on whole lip with nothing but carmex over it, or goes great under any gloss/lipstick. Been wewaring it since 1993.

Almay Non-oily eye makeup remover pads. (great for contacts) The oily one suck, but these are fab. I buy a few at target when I'm there.

Those are my must haves. Can't live without em, must have, always a repeat buy.

Oh, and I wear Teint Idole Ultra foundation by L'ancome when I want full coverage, Bare Minerals (foundation powder & mineral veil) for everyday. (I'm a repeat buyer on those, been purchasing Teint Idole since 1996).

Jeannine

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
What a good topic ..I am now searching for a foundation.I can never get it right, so any ideas for a good foundation that makes your skin radiant and wrinkle free?That would be something.. ANy ideas? Whatever works best.thanks.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, a guy I went to high school with invented seche! Lucky guy to come up with that!

I love and cannot live with the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer. It has SPF 20, hydrates and gives color, so it takes care of three things. She also just came out with a stick make up that I like.

Dior's cuticle cream is good, best at night, it can be sticky.

I love the Diamancel number 11 foot buffer, really keeps the heels nice.

I love Queen Helene's mango shea butter lotion, a total bargain. I also love the Neutrogena skin clearing make up, inexpensive but covers nicely and great if you are broken out.

I loved this one Dior mascara, Cashmere, not sure if they still make it. It was never gloppy.

I like Yves St. Laurent's touche eclat, brightens your face and works well...probably their best selling item.

I love gel eyeliners, in the pots, MAC and Bobbi Brown are great. They go on smooth and wear well, MAC has some wild colors, but they are fun.

I love MAC lipglass, and I love their tinted lip balm in the pot. Spice pencil is also great.

I love the Prada lip balm, they come in small tubes that last a while and then you toss them.

I love Tarte tinted chap stick, great in summer instead of lipstick.

Clinique Black Honey almost lipstick leaves a pretty berry colored stain, great when you want color but not heavy texture.

Clinique makes this smoothing thing you put on before your foundation, it smooths pores and is great...pore minimizer, but it is not the foundation, but goes on before.

Clinique makes a cover stick that is a swivel up pencil, great for spot covering.

I am sure, product junkie that I am, I will think of more!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I typically don''t wear makeup (besides a tinted moisturizer) except on days I''m teaching lab or giving a talk and on special occasions. I have a conglomeration of drugstore brands, Clinique, and Mary Kay products.

My favorites: Clinique: blusher in Honey Blush, Airbrush concealer in Neutral Fair.
Mary Kay: Oil-free eye makeup remover (which I SWEAR has made my lashes thicker and longer!), Timewise skincare (I use the miracle set and MK''s tinted moisturizer as foundation), Ultimate Mascara, Satin lips.
jane: Retractable eye liner.

With fair skin, brown eyes, and brown hair, I can wear almost any color of eye shadow imaginable, which is lucky because I love doing eye makeup! I typically wear greens, blues, or purples, but I''m experimenting with more neutral shades recently as well.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 1:07:40 AM
Author: scarleta
What a good topic ..I am now searching for a foundation.I can never get it right, so any ideas for a good foundation that makes your skin radiant and wrinkle free?That would be something.. ANy ideas? Whatever works best.thanks.

I never liked wearing foundation until I tried Mary Kay's. I now have their tinted moisturizer for a very light coverage, and I've tried their liquid (full coverage) and creme-to-powder (light coverage), and all are good. No caking or flaking, and even the liquid foundation looked really natural and glowy. MK sells their foundations only with their age-fighting skincare system the first time you buy it, which will really help your skin be radiant and wrinkle free. Clinique makes a good liquid foundation for all day wear too. I wore that on my wedding day.

I'd suggest you go to some make-up counters or find a MK (or Avon, BeautiControl, Arbonne International,...) consultant and play around with foundations until you find one you like. The only way you'll find one you like is to try them out yourself.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just started getting some Mary Kay. I want to meet with the woman in my area who sells it to get help with foundations, the colors are hard to tell from a catalogue. You really like them? I am always willing to try something new...that is why I have no counter space in my bathroom anymore!!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
RE:I never liked wearing foundation until I tried Mary Kay''s. Thanks jcjd I m glad I asked and will now look for Mary Kay in our area.Thanks again..

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay this is going to sound weird, but my power sander hahaha... you know, for wood? Well... I wouldn''t use a belt sander - just an orbital - but it is *awesome* at keeping my feet soft. I have dry skin and it takes almost no time at all for my heels to crack but this works great. Seriously if I forget to moisturize for a couple days the sander is awesome. Goofy I know LOL

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Cool, gonna have to get the MAC counter and meet up with a Mary Kay consultant.

Thanks everyone for all the ideas!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
scarletta & diamondfan - Glad I could help! Good luck with finding some foundation that will work for you!

Irina - please feel free to remove this if it''s against PS rules!! Just trying to help, but I certainly respect your judgement!

The great thing with Mary Kay is that (depending on your consultant''s supply) they have samples of almost everything so you can try as many colors as you like, and if you buy and then don''t like something, you can return it at any time for a refund or an exchange. It doesn''t cost the consultant anything. (I share an office with a MK lady which is how I know this stuff.) As I said before, MK will only sell their foundation with a skincare set the first time you buy it, so it includes (at the basic level) cleanser, moisturizer, and foundation. The Miracle Set (which I use) comes with their Day and Night solution (anti-aging stuff), and the Ultimate Miracle Set also has a microdermabrasion kit. They say that proper skin care before applying foundation and other makeup will make it look better, which makes sense - if your face is dirty with dead skin cells all over it, your foundation probably won''t go on very smoothly - and that they won''t sell the cleanser, moisturizer, or foundation separately because they''re designed to work as a set and you won''t like it or use it if you by it alone. Anyways, it''s pricey, but I bought my skincare in November, I use it day and night (for the most part!), and I have another good month or more to go on all the products, so each bottle lasts a while. Also, they have 4 foundation types and the tinted moisturizer so you have lots of choice.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I have never been much on make up. In fact, I am more of a natural kinda girl, but I (like otheres here) really like Bare Minerals. It is so easy and natural. It really feels like you have nothing on at all, and it gives you nice, natural glows. Whoever invented the stuff can read my mind because it is just right for me.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just started this new skin care line, Epicuren, so I am not ready to change yet. I emailed my Mary Kay lady about some body stuff and glosses, and asked about the foundations, and she did not say I needed to buy the skin care too...maybe I will check with her...I love the Laura Mercier tinted moisture, I seriously am addicted to it!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, some great suggestions here.

I also use these funny little moisture "stickies" around my eyes, mouth and neck.

DHC catalog has them. Probably doesn''t really work, but a few times a week I''ll slap
them on and rest. They are suppose to infuse moisture into your skin.

I am a foot/heel nut. Years ago I was behind this beautiful woman on the escalator
in Neiman''s. Her heels were nasty gross! Seeing that freaked me out - I detest ugly feet.
It doesn''t take long to swipe away dry skin if you do it religiiously. I have even rubbed in lotion,
then petro jelly, then wrapped my feet in saran wrap for the night. Next morning, soft tootsies!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i envy you ladies. i get excited about products mentioned here and then i read the label..........most all contain EDTA or a variation thereof. i am HIGHLY allergic to this ingredient.

epicuren is one product line that does not contain it....however, even products from other lines labeled ''for sensitive skin'' or touted as being of the very best ingredients are a disappointment for me when i read the label because the dreaded EDTA is included in their forumula.

re DHC: if you like the olive oil cleanser i suggest buying a bottle of organic olive oil and adding a few drops of essential oils to it. lots cheaper and just as effective......that''s what i do.

however, pure apricot oil i''m going to explore...organic of course. i have the coconut oil and find it is also wonderful as a hair treatment.

another oil to explore: avocado.

movie zombie

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well for my skincare I use Paula Begoun products. For my foundation I use Paula Begoun Best Face Forward Foundation SPF 15. I love this foundation it matches my skintone, no breakouts & has sunscreen. I started running out & needed to place a new order in the meantime my friend was raving about Covered Girl Tru Blend Whipped Foundation so I decided I would give it a chance. While it blends effortlessly & gives a flawless pretty finish I just couldnt find a color that matched my skin plus no sunscreen. This is a really nice foundation if you can find a color that matches your skin & cheap!
For my eyes Paula Begoun constant gel eyeliner is amazing I will never by any other eyeliner so she better keep this stuff. Goes on perfectly, doesnt flake or smear I friggen looooove it! As for mascaras I usually switch a lot but man I found a mascara that is great so I wont be switching anytime soon-Rimmel Volume Flash thickening Mascara. Its goes on even, separates without clumping smearing and gives just the right amount of thickness. My lipsticks, blushes, powder are various drugstore brands.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vegas, I just went on the Paula B site and ordered a ton of make up...cannot wait to see it!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 1:09:41 AM
Author: diamondfan
Lumpkin, a guy I went to high school with invented seche! Lucky guy to come up with that!

I love gel eyeliners, in the pots, MAC and Bobbi Brown are great. They go on smooth and wear well, MAC has some wild colors, but they are fun.
I started reading this thread and immediately thought of Bobbi Brown''s gel eyeliner! I just started using them, and I am absolutely in LOVE. No smudges, and they are easy to apply.

I am a product junkie.

Recently I got some samples of Amore Pacific at Neiman Marcus, and they seem pretty good so far. Anyone know about this line? I cannot find much info on it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2007 2:35:14 PM
Author: diamondfan
I just started this new skin care line, Epicuren, so I am not ready to change yet. I emailed my Mary Kay lady about some body stuff and glosses, and asked about the foundations, and she did not say I needed to buy the skin care too...maybe I will check with her...I love the Laura Mercier tinted moisture, I seriously am addicted to it!
Mary Kay has great anti-aging face stuff and about everything you can imagine for skin care. I am not disciplined enough to use more than the basics, but I especially like it that most of their face products are hypoallergenic and unscented. It is also moderately priced, which is a big bonus. It is funny, but I mixed and matched until I found MK, and once I started, I never had reason to stop. I do love the foundation. I think when you buy for the first time, they try to get you to buy the face skin care stuff, but after that, you can buy whatever you want. I often use some other cleansers, etc.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I'm such a product whore- I'm loyal to my favorites but not brand loyal.
I love:
My Shu Uemura eyelash curler- I've even bought one for my mom.
Philosophy's The Supernatural Airbrush foundation in Natural- like Bare Minerals but better (I'm a convert)
Rosebud lip salve for everything- lips, eyebrows, dry spots, cuticles
Lancome's Defincils mascara
Bare Mineral's Warmth bronzer + I love their brushes
Benefit's Benetint & Bad Gal eyeliner
Clinique's eyeshadow in South Beach- perfect everyday neutral with a tiny bit of shimmer
Lancome's Juicy Rouge in Sugar Rose- just enough color & shine in one swipe
And I LOVE my Paul Mitchell Smoothing Flat iron

ETA: My one, well, two beauty tips- exfoliate & moisturize! Lather & slather baby!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I really like Dior''s Aqua (I think that''s what it''s called) hydrating cream. I also really love, surprisingly, Olay''s Regenerist line. I need to find a good exfoliator. Anyone have one they love? Neutragena has one, but it sort of dries out quickly. I used to like the Clinique 7 day scrub, maybe I''ll go back to that.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 1:50:53 PM
Author: lumpkin
Cool, gonna have to get the MAC counter and meet up with a Mary Kay consultant.

Thanks everyone for all the ideas!

mac has lots of different coverage levels as well as numerous different colors for different skin tones. also, if you find a coverage you like and they color match you, ask for a sample. i did. they put a bit in a little pot for you. that really sealed the deal for me since i could see how it worked on me all day.

oh, and on top of studio tech by mac, i wear mac blot powder.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results