shape
carat
color
clarity

FAO LovingDiamonds

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wasn't sure if you know about it, or would be interested, but as part of this year's Gem-A Conference on November 6th, there is a lecture on the original 'Paraiba' tourmalines by Brian Cook from the US - the other 6 lectures are all pretty good as well.

If you are interested in going then have a look on Gem-A's website.

Added bonus - I'm there too! :wink2:

I'm sulking somewhat because I had a chance to go to a private view of the Crown Jewels and it wouldn't work round my daughter's nursery hours. I hope, hope, hope they do another one next year - and if so that they turn the sodding conveyor-belt off so you can look properly!

Another date for your diary if you like jewellery from the 1500/1600's is going to be the Cheapside Hoard exhibition at the Museum of London in 2 years time. I was there last week partly to oggle the few pieces on display/entertain the wee one and bumped into the CEO of Gem-A who had just spent oh such a boring afternoon 'playing' with the pieces under a microscope :angryfire: - I'm offering to be the loupe-carrier next time. Can't wait to see the exhibition.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a coincidence because I was wondering how to contact you! I was supposed to be in London for work this week and wondered if you wanted to meet for a coffee!!!! As it happens, my meetings have been cancelled.

Might be able to make the 6th and will have a look at the GemA website (thank you)! Not sure if you're on any other forum that discusses gems but I am (under the same name) and there's a PM facility. If not, I will email Ella and see if she could pass my email address to you.

Thanks for the heads up x

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
What a shame. If you are ever down again, Tuesdays and Thursdays are my good days as monster goes to nursery!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1319046755|3043599 said:
Wasn't sure if you know about it, or would be interested, but as part of this year's Gem-A Conference on November 6th, there is a lecture on the original 'Paraiba' tourmalines by Brian Cook from the US - the other 6 lectures are all pretty good as well.

If you are interested in going then have a look on Gem-A's website.

Added bonus - I'm there too! :wink2:

I'm sulking somewhat because I had a chance to go to a private view of the Crown Jewels and it wouldn't work round my daughter's nursery hours. I hope, hope, hope they do another one next year - and if so that they turn the sodding conveyor-belt off so you can look properly!

Another date for your diary if you like jewellery from the 1500/1600's is going to be the Cheapside Hoard exhibition at the Museum of London in 2 years time. I was there last week partly to oggle the few pieces on display/entertain the wee one and bumped into the CEO of Gem-A who had just spent oh such a boring afternoon 'playing' with the pieces under a microscope :angryfire: - I'm offering to be the loupe-carrier next time. Can't wait to see the exhibition.

Oh, I'm so jealous, I love 15th/16th century jewelry. I actually study a great deal about Elizabeth I, and I wish I was at the Maritime museum to see her secret compartment ring when it was there. I'm imagining you two speaking with your fancy English accents. :naughty: I have a boring American accent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results