shape
carat
color
clarity

FANCY YELLOW PRICE RANGE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DAN ROSEN

Rough_Rock
HOW I CAN HAVE A PRICE RANGE/CT FOR THE COLORED DIAMOND???ANY WEB SITE???
DAN

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Try this website.

http://diamondsbylauren.com/grade.html

Joker....

DAN ROSEN

Rough_Rock

THANK YOU JOKER.DO YOU HAVE A NOTHER WEB SITE FOR GRADING ALL COLORED DIAMOND LIKE PINK BLUE

THANK YOU

DAN

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I don't know such a site, but there are a few where you can see a range of goods and get an idea. Also, while you could get to see quite a few pinks (I guess fashion has to do more with it) blues are not so easy to get a glance at. I am not sure what you are looking for... and pricing is quite different for goods which can be obtained on daily basis versus goods you see once in a year! The second cathegory tends towards: 'charge what the market would bear' so, it is more imporatbt where you buy and from whom rather than what you want to buy. For an ilustration of this concept (rather than the pricing receipe you were asking for, unfortunately) take a look at WWW versus WWW and perhaps WWW or WWW. A couple of items might be found at WWW and the 'story' of one buy at WWW followed by WWW.

One lesson I learned: patience is key in this market, good prices non-exitent and value defined by the last five deals one seller gets to know about...

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Dan,
Try the major Auctions also, like Christie's and Sotheby's.
Do some searching and you can find interesting facts like...

Pink diamonds

Joker....

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Dan,
I buy natural yellow diamonds every day- but I see far fewer pinks and blues. Here's what I know about the prices of pinks or blues.

The prices for pinks and blues are really off the wall.

Pink shows up in some brownish stones- these are "poor man's pinks" starting at around $15,000 for a 1.00 carat with noticable pink/brown.
Then you have "pure pink" stones graded "light Pink" or even fancy light pink. One carat light pink is around $5000-$10,000. Fancy light Pink $7,000- $30,000. But in pink, the color is much more subtle than yellow, so where a fancy light yellow is distinct, a fancy light pink is kind of faint.
I would say any diamond that is distinclty pink- say Fancy Pink- a 1.00 will go from $35,000-$60,000
Fancy Intense Pink will run $40,000- $150,000 for a one carat
Fancy Vivid Pink- $200,000+++ for a one carat.

BLUE-
The only color that you see mixed with blue is grey. A grey diamond is generally not bright.
So, in blue, you're really starting at $50,000- $150,000 for anything in a 1.00 that shows blue such as GIA Fancy Blue

The reason for the huge variations in prices I've listed here has to do with the apprearance of the diamond. The lower price ranges here are for seriously UGLY- either because of imperfection or cut.

I remember a 5 carat Fancy Pink Oval ( GIA) I saw a few years ago. It was about 85% depth- the sucker looked like a 3 carat. But it was still $150,000 per carat- or about $750,000 for the stone

Hope this helps.

Thanks for including our link Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results