carat
color
clarity

Fancy White Diamond……

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my little treasure has arrived.
No thanks to USPS who currently isn’t shipping to Australia (amongst other destinations) due to Covid (reduced flights, reduced workers) so eBay and I have been on an enforced “break” unless the seller will send via FedEX. I was in luck.
This was just described as a platinum ring 6 grams with a 1.25 carat estimated I clarity cente diamond plus sides. I looked at the photos and thought “hmmm, that might actually be a fancy white”. So I bid a modest amount and figured I’d be out bid. I wasn’t.
So $650 for this one.
Its weird to photograph using an iPhone. Does weird things under bright warm light ha ha.
Hard to describe the effect. It’s like hazy but you can still see the facets. It looks almost mauve in sunlight. Yes it has strong blue fluorescence.
Some carbon specks near one of the prongs but I figure the setting has to be worth around $300 so $350 for an interesting 1.25 carat diamond isn’t bad going. The added bonus is that it fits nicely in my diamond ring guard. Ring is only a 6 so it needs a resize up to a 7.
DDE63099-64BD-41A7-ABDA-E740C485CCB9.jpeg 98618D1D-22B2-45ED-B3F4-294D9152F4E7.jpeg A18AF420-D7AF-4B47-9F8C-796446BE46E3.jpeg CB9A2722-FA75-43C3-BC07-A8B830E06C7C.jpeg 74BC5E29-0F2B-4CF5-BD96-9F3474919B81.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Super cool! I love the setting, very classic. I love it!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I really like that ring and it's perfect with the ring guards. Congrats on your score!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I’ve never heard of a fancy white diamond...It’s so pretty..It has a luminescent quality about it...like Lalique..:kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never heard of one either, but I love it!

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
What a find!!! Congratulations on your new treasure! She looks right at home in the ring guard :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is an interesting stone. Reminds me of a pearl for some reason. Not only does it fit perfectly in your ring guard
it looks like it was made for your ring guard!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
That's neat looking as long as you knew it's what you wanted. It reminds me of something opalescent - like a very brilliant moonstone. Great find :)

Question, were they selling it as a standard graded stone? Like were they trying to photo/sell it as a clear diamond or as an opaque diamond?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So neat! Would love tons more photos!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely and am excited it went to a PS’r! I almost bid on it as well, but decided to hold off since I waiting on a few other rings :)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's neat looking as long as you knew it's what you wanted. It reminds me of something opalescent - like a very brilliant moonstone. Great find :)

Question, were they selling it as a standard graded stone? Like were they trying to photo/sell it as a clear diamond or as an opaque diamond?

They didn’t describe it other than estimated weight and clarity. I bought it because the “look” is intriguing. I have a liking for gemstones that are weird :lol-2:

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
They didn’t describe it other than estimated weight and clarity. I bought it because the “look” is intriguing. I have a liking for gemstones that are weird :lol-2:

I like that approach!! I just bought a shield cut diamond sight unseen - it arrives on wednesday

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Nice find! I love opalescent diamonds. Have a tiny one and will get another once some other items have been crossed off the bucket list. Looks like you got a good deal.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Super cool diamond! :kiss2: I LOVE fancy whites.:appl:If I may be so bold as to mention, I have one that I got in much the same manner...she is a very interesting gem indeed..
Do you happen to have a sw/lw black light? I ask because I have a thread here on PS in which I was asking other PSers about their diamonds and in particular fancy whites and their ability to phosphoresce...I am very curious to ask you if you have tested your to see what she is capable of?
My fancy girl will light a room with phosphorescence for about 10 hours. You have to "charge her" first, under sw for about 30 minutes..then when the lights go out, my little night light stays on all night..tooooo fun!!!:geek2:
If it is not too assumptive on my part, I would love to share that thread with you and if you should want to share your experiences with your beauty, please help the research! Here is the thread..

Phosphorescence in Diamonds-Study, and a request for sharing information

I apologize if it is too forward!:shifty:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cool diamond! :kiss2: I LOVE fancy whites.:appl:If I may be so bold as to mention, I have one that I got in much the same manner...she is a very interesting gem indeed..
Do you happen to have a sw/lw black light? I ask because I have a thread here on PS in which I was asking other PSers about their diamonds and in particular fancy whites and their ability to phosphoresce...I am very curious to ask you if you have tested your to see what she is capable of?
My fancy girl will light a room with phosphorescence for about 10 hours. You have to "charge her" first, under sw for about 30 minutes..then when the lights go out, my little night light stays on all night..tooooo fun!!!:geek2:
If it is not too assumptive on my part, I would love to share that thread with you and if you should want to share your experiences with your beauty, please help the research! Here is the thread..

Phosphorescence in Diamonds-Study, and a request for sharing information

I apologize if it is too forward!:shifty:

Not too forward at all. I also find phosphorescence fascinating. My new fancy white has very strong blue fluorescence under LW UV but unfortunately I don’t have, or access to, a SW light. Shame.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results