shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Intense Blue oval in an ID bracelet

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
It is finally done!!!

My partner is 40 in a few months and we recently celebrated out 10yr anniversary. So, it calls for a very special gift. It has been an exciting journey for both of us to date. We are so humbled at the experiences that we have had and most thankful of the support that we planned out family. We now have 2 beautiful daughters (5 &2.5). I have started their jewelry box already! Never too young, I say!!!

Any way, I digress...

My DH always wanted an ID bracelet. He is rather special....so, I thought why not a blue diamond. A fellow PSer had one for sale and before you know it- I have it. Thanx justginger!!! :wavey:

It is a 0.11ct Fancy Intense Blue diamond.

Next was to search for an ID bracelet. Now these are not easy to find as they are not as popular as they once were. Therefore finding someone to make one was rather challenging. Lots of research and someone pointed me to Diamonds by Lauren. David showed me a pic of what his bench could do and I was sold. After more research into the final design of the bracelet, I told David - let do this!!!!

The pics arrived and I was in awe. I just couldn't wait to feel and see it. When I received the FedEx package- I could not rip it open fast enough. This bracelet is AMAZING. It is silky smooth to the touch.. It is just lux... Silky smooth is how I still describe this metal bracelet.. I hit jackpot. The feel is just pure luxe....

Then it was off to my local jeweler to have it engraved and the diamond set. I just picked it up and really happy... I can't wait to give this to my DH.

i must thank Susimoo for her guidance and keeping me to task... MWAH!!

Ok now for the pics....

_3060.jpeg

_3061.jpeg

_3062.jpeg

_3064.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

_3065.jpeg

_3066.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, Greg! Your other half will be thrilled! The engraving is lovely & the detail around the diamond is too, rather than just hammering it in.

It looks silky!! What is the metal?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi Alex!
Thanx you for your comments.
The material is 14k White gold. Its weird describing metal as silky smooth, but it truly is....
yes the detailing on the FIB oval just makes it sparkle more!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet it has a great weight to it too. When is the special occasion?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
it is a combined present for his 40th Bday and our 10th anniversary present.

yes the weight is really nice on the hand.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out so nice...Congrats on yours/his big days!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love how it turned out Greg.

Your engraver and setter both did an outstanding job!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx tyty33. I am jealous of this piece now.

Rock diamond- thanx so much for your comments... Really appreciate it. Am so over the moon with the overall result. But as I have said before your bench has done an outstanding job o this bracelet.... Silky smooth to describe metal is just the bomb!! Pass on my appreciation and gratitute to you and your team.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a thing for ID bracelets, and this one is very special indeed, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really REALLY love that bracelet. I am sorely tempted to stop into DBL next week, but I'll refrain. I promised my husband that I wouldn't spend on anything that's not absolutely necessary for the time being. It's just so impeccably made though. We don't see that quality of craftsmanship and finish work too often. You did a great job Greg. You really did. I'm a stickler for high quality and you nailed it. You're going to have to tell us what Mark's reaction to it is when he opens it.

Continued blessings on your next ten years!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thank you gemgirl for the lovely comments.

I had sent him pictures of the bracelet when I picked it up and he said he likes the chain!!! Omg!! Chain?!!!
I guess to be expected because: When I first got the blue diamond In my hand and showed him...(this is also after telling him about what blue diamond means and cost) he said that its nice!!! Shoot me now!! Lol.

With this project I had to make sure that he was in it all the way or it would have been a "wasted" journey. We discussed a lot during the process but most importantly he gave me his honest input on what he liked.

Then he saw it last night (Friday night here is AUS) : he says he loves it. Win/win.

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations--super classy and timeless. It's much elevated over ordinary ID bracelets--I bet none anywhere is studded with a blue diamond!! What a fabulous and loving gift.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ID bracelet and the engraving and blue diamond are so classy! Happy 40th to your hubs and happy 10th to you both!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx Sagefemme,

Yes, no ordinary ID bracelet!!!

Hi JDDN!!!

Thanx for the well wishes and comments.... Classy, just like my DH! LOL!!! some may disagree! LOL - snort!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The bracelet turned out beautifully. :love: What a wonderful gift! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful Greg. And such a thoughtful wonderful gift. :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Sharon and missy.

it has been an amazing journey for this project.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Greg! I have always really liked ID bracelets and one with a blue diamond is extra special! It looks perfect, I know your dh is going to be thrilled! :clap:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx Junebug

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! I like :love:
What a thoughtful gift. This is such a special and smashing bracelet.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx so much acimon. He loves it. Yay!

Q

Queenie60

It's a lovely bracelet and a very thoughtful gift. Congratulations on your anniversary and Mark's 40th. Wishing you many more years of happiness. :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a touching, gorgeous gift.. he will be so happy and shocked.. it's so classy also.. happy anniversary and here's to many many more!

Peace.

:appl: :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg...That is a very nice bracelet, job well done!.. :appl: Don't get to see many natural blue diamonds... :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx queenie60 and tekate... My DH and I are going to be annoying each other for many more moons to come!!!!

Hi DF- yes natural and untreated... So lucky to have found this stone, and my DH, too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Aprilbaby.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Great bracelet, lovely diamond... congratulations on 10 years (and happy 40th to your DH)!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results