carat
color
clarity

Fancy Grey Diamond?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia, kudos to you for your good fortune. :clap::dance:

But it's important to keep in mind that an exception to a generalization does not make the generalization generally true.
For every lottery winner ...

Kenny, I really hope you would consult me before I pull that yellow trigger ;-)

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
I love orangey pink and a bit of brown often helps the look, but brings the FCD into the affordable zone.
There was a gorgeous Orangey Pink Heart I saw in your photos that I too adored! My pear has a bright pale blue fluorescence as well which is quite interestingly glowy in the sunlight. This photo is without the white environment. coloridea3.JPG I will try with the white background next.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a gorgeous Orangey Pink Heart I saw in your photos that I too adored! My pear has a bright pale blue fluorescence as well which is quite interestingly glowy in the sunlight. This photo is without the white environment. coloridea3.JPG I will try with the white background next.

Cool stone and pic.

Yeah I love the hue of my Fancy Intense Orangey Pink heart.
Hate its shallow windowing cut.
Hate its I2 clarity.
But I LUUUURVE the color!!! ... the only reason I grabbed it.

Did you notice its hot-pink fluorescence?

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 3.47.01 PM.png
Its GIA report was the simple one that doesn't mention fluor.
I suspect Leibish didn't check the fluor.
I think if they knew about it they may have mentioned it or posted a pic.
Quite unusual and cool.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh?
What yellow trigger?

I am looking for a yellow diamond. Looking and looking and looking... almost bought one in 2015 but was upset because of the ruby story. And I don't even understand if fluorescence in them is good or bad...I should start a thread.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Instead of replying to your points here in KaliDiamond's Gray thread ... Yes, start a thread.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cool stone and pic.

Yeah I love the hue of my Fancy Intense Orangey Pink heart.
Hate its shallow windowing cut.
Hate its I2 clarity.
But I LUUUURVE the color!!! ... the only reason I grabbed it.

Did you notice its hot-pink fluorescence?

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 3.47.01 PM.png
Its GIA report was the simple one that doesn't mention fluor.
I suspect Leibish didn't check the fluor.
I think if they knew about it they may have mentioned it or posted a pic.
Quite unusual and cool.
That is beyond cool! I've never seen anything like it! I bet it would make a beautiful piece. I just took some pics of my pear and it is still quite brown, It may be my light bulbs.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You paid less than $1000 Canadian for it, and now you're listing it for sale for US $6000? It seems to me - from this, and from another thread you started - that you're flipping stones. This is not the place for that kind of thing, and outside the spirit (and the rules) of the Preloved Jewels section.

Apart from anything else; at $6,000, you're wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree with @mrs-b.

Sorry but that is an outrageously inflated value.

More importantly, people are here for their common passion in diamonds and not to rip other people off and I do agree that trying to get information with the intent to mislead and deceive others or any other type of dishonest trade practices would be against the basic principles of PS.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My apologies. I thought that I had done my homework when I could not source more than a few other diamonds like mine for sale of a much lower value.
Are you entailing that I MUST sell my diamond at the price I paid for it and NOT the current market value? Interesting.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree with @mrs-b.

Sorry but that is an outrageously inflated value.

More importantly, people are here for their common passion in diamonds and not to rip other people off and I do agree that trying to get information with the intent to mislead and deceive others or any other type of dishonest trade practices would be against the basic principles of PS.
I am sorry that you have come to this conclusion. However, I have not been dishonest in any way.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My apologies. I thought that I had done my homework when I could not source more than a few other diamonds like mine for sale of a much lower value.
Are you entailing that I MUST sell my diamond at the price I paid for it and NOT the current market value? Interesting.

Current market value? I wasn't aware this was current market value for a stone of this kind. My apologies!

Can you show us the comparison stones you found?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody is saying that at all. You can do as you please. Just not on pricescope preloved, where flipping is explicitly not allowed per the forum rules.

As an aside: trying to sell well over market value is obviously up to you. Trying to sell overpriced to Psers is just a waste of time - as @mrs-b explained.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone is trying to tell you not to sell at current market value, but that

1) current market value is lower than what you have listed this item for (you never know, market value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it) and

2) there are rules on this forum against flipping - so if you find a steal of a deal and come on here to discuss it, then post that item here for sale at a higher price, that's frowned upon and i believe it can get you banned.

keep in mind a private seller won't be able to sell for the same price as an established jeweler when you research pricing.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
KaliDiamond others have explained what was wrong with your conduct.

It is also a misconception to believe that you can make a fortune on ungraded diamonds because if that had been so easy, all prosumers here would be billionaires by now not to mention us in the trade. Believe the prosumers here have far more expertise than you do, hence they already know that you cannot buy deals like you think you could.

Please be on this forum if you love diamonds, if your goal is to get help to buy for yourself. If you do it with a profit making purpose, this forum is not for you and sadly no, you did not get an amazing deal.

Market value for this stone is most likely close to what you paid. Please take into account the I2 clarity grade and the desirability of this stone which is very low. It can be made into cool designer jewelry and worn by you. It cannot be sold for a lot more than what you bought it for. Sorry.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Nobody is saying that at all. You can do as you please. Just not on pricescope preloved, where flipping is explicitly not allowed per the forum rules.

As an aside: trying to sell well over market value is obviously up to you. Trying to sell overpriced to Psers is just a waste of time - as @mrs-b explained.
Please tell me the difference between flipping and selling my personal property after a year or longer of ownership. Is that seriously considered flipping? If it is, I am sorry.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
by Rockdiamond » Oct 27, 2017
I agree with tourmaline on this point. I also hope you didn't pay a whole lot. Even if GIA does give it a grade of "gray", it likely won't be a very valuable diamond based on the pics.
But I'd still love to know what they say.

by Rockdiamond » Oct 27, 2017
Kali- I'm with Whitewave on this- I also hope you didn't pay a lot for the stone.
Pics can't tell us all that much good- but it really does not look like a stone that has "great value"

*************************************************************************************

Wanted to highlight a couple of quotes from someone who really knows their way around colored diamonds. I hope this helps you - you are woefully off the mark with this.

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please tell me the difference between flipping and selling my personal property after a year or longer of ownership. Is that seriously considered flipping? If it is, I am sorry.

flipping is buying with the intention or fall-back position of selling at a profit

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I specialize in colored diamonds too, they are just my passion.

Besides I was pricing grays in the last couple of days but those gray were beautiful in terms of color, cut and were in the VS clarity range. Secondary hues were green, yellow, orange, etc. Far more attractive overall look and higher quality, desirability overall.

Still, those stones do not command anywhere near the price tag that you are listing your stone for and your stone is a very low clarity grade. An I2 gray is considered by many as industrial grade or alternatively like I said you get a cool, designer piece for yourself if you like the look. Today they have their market, albeit at low price points, which is partly what makes them interesting to some consumers. They would never command a price anywhere near a high quality colorless in the same size range.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone is trying to tell you not to sell at current market value, but that

1) current market value is lower than what you have listed this item for (you never know, market value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it) and

2) there are rules on this forum against flipping - so if you find a steal of a deal and come on here to discuss it, then post that item here for sale at a higher price, that's frowned upon and i believe it can get you banned.

keep in mind a private seller won't be able to sell for the same price as an established jeweler when you research pricing.
I owned this diamond before speaking about it on this site. I discussed its color and value before posting for sale after a year of ownership. Buying the diamond was my own choice and a decision toward my possible Engagement ring. As an aspiring jewelry designer, I am making my ring with my own tools, and sourcing stones for it is sometimes difficult. I am in the beginning stages but having my supplies and tools ready to make into something is still inspiring. I thought that one of the diamonds I had certified could sell as a loose diamond rather than set it first. I will find a way to set it if need be.

Thank you for your posts,

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Question, How am I able to sell in US dollars anyway. I was meaning to select CAN but....

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kali please read forum rules. Also, you need to get a trade badge if you plan on doing this as a business. Please note that different rules apply to us trade members. If you are one, you could not have posted as a consumer like you did in the past.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Kali please read forum rules. Also, you need to get a trade badge if you plan on doing this as a business. Please note that different rules apply to us trade members. If you are one, you could not have posted as a consumer like you did in the past.

Exactly which rule am I breaking? So far I have read nothing that I am violating. Where is "flipping" discussed? I do not plan on becoming a diamond trader. This is my own property. Loved very very much by me.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly which rule am I breaking? So far I have read nothing that I am violating. Where is "flipping" discussed? I do not plan on becoming a diamond trader. This is my own property. Loved very very much by me.

3. Advertising in this section is for CONSUMERS ONLY. If we feel that any member is abusing the privilege, a time out will be given and a second warning will result in a long time out from PS or permanent banning depending on the situation. Items purchased with the intent of reselling for a profit (known as flipping) is not allowed on the PS preloved forum. People selling for profit or selling new items are considered trade.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t believe “trade” means just “selling diamonds”. I take PS’s definition to mean it could be jewelry producers, diamond cutters, or (at least in my opinion) anyone else involved along the process/chain between mining a gem all the way to making/selling jewelry, and any related activity along the way to include store salespeople who work for the jewelry houses or diamond cutters along the way.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
3. Advertising in this section is for CONSUMERS ONLY. If we feel that any member is abusing the privilege, a time out will be given and a second warning will result in a long time out from PS or permanent banning depending on the situation. Items purchased with the intent of reselling for a profit (known as flipping) is not allowed on the PS preloved forum. People selling for profit or selling new items are considered trade.
This diamond was bought with the intention of setting as an engagement ring. I then decided on another center stone. I buy diamonds because I sincerely love diamonds and I am requiring to source the stones for my design. I had no idea I couldn't sell the ones I own but decided not to go with. I am ultimately looking to complete my ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results