shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy brownish yellow AVR -- what color setting?

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with this stone:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9186/

I would love to set it in a pendant or a right hand ring -- what color metal would you all choose? I'm a white gold/platinum kind of girl, but maybe yellow or rose gold would look better with the color of the stone?

Also, on a side note, do you think it would retain that fabulous color from the top down? The head on picture is pretty white, but is that the lighting do you think?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose gold!!! Yes, I think that is the lighting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do a bi-color setting. Yellow and white metal or pink and white (probably yellow if it were me).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think that's a very versatile color that could look good with yellow, rose, or white gold. I think it would look lovely with a rich yellow gold, but I may be biased because rose gold doesn't look real good against my skin. I think a touch of green gold might be nice with that stone too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an interesting stone! It does look kinda greenish golden to me.

I probably wouldn't do rg, because just in the pic I don't see any pink or peach in the stone at all nor do I see a green that I want to play up, but there's only the one pic so maybe that's not the case IRL?

I really like VR's idea of very high-karat yellow! I think you'd have to see it IRL through a variety of lights to see how the colour responds face-up IRL, I don't think one pic is an accurate way to judge. Kenny talks about how his FCDs can be positively chameleon, I don't see why brownish yellow would be any different!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would put it in a high karat yellow gold. Great stone!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day i was at my jeweler about a project of my own and i saw there a lady who wanted to have a stone very similar to this color set in a ring. The jeweler put it on a rose gold setting just for her to get an idea and everybody agreed that it didn't look good at all...The rose gold made the stone look dull and lifeless...But it looked amazing on an 18kt yellow gold setting. So check yellow gold out ;))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1340735996|3223945 said:
The other day i was at my jeweler about a project of my own and i saw there a lady who wanted to have a stone very similar to this color set in a ring. The jeweler put it on a rose gold setting just for her to get an idea and everybody agreed that it didn't look good at all...The rose gold made the stone look dull and lifeless...But it looked amazing on an 18kt yellow gold setting. So check yellow gold out ;))
Oooh, I wonder if Jonathan would be willing to make a video for you showing this stone in different settings. We, I mean YOU, would probably love to see that. :cheeky:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What a cool stone! I think it would look amazing in yellow gold :lickout:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold...I think white gold may wash it out some.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results