shape
carat
color
clarity

Famous Brides in the Gowns They Chose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *LOVED* that crunchy look! If we are to discuss more than the wedding dress, though, we had better start another thread!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found some more photos of the dress worn by Lady Diana Spencer when she married the Prince of Wales. As I have said, I absolutely loved the taffeta material. This photo shows the train to advantage!

DianaTrain.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying again, in an effort to get a better picture of the train!

ditrain.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know who this is? I am afraid I give it away with the title of my jpeg! It is the wedding of Norman Jeane and James (Jim) Dougherty in 1942. Norma Jeane was 16. I was drawn to her widow''s peak; I had never known she had one!

normajimwed.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2004 11:52:33 AM
Author: AGBF
Many wedding ''traditions'' we accept today began with Queen Victoria''s wedding. She wore white, whereas royalty had previously usually worn silver when they married. She carried orange blossoms and wore them in her hair. And she had a large (300 pound) wedding cake. Her marriage to Prince Albert was happy and they had nine children together. She ruled until her death in 1901.
This is WAAAAYYYY off topic of wedding dresses, but i was watching a show that was talking about Christmas traditions on TV last night and they credited the wide-spread tradition of the Christmas Tree to Queen Victoria mixing Prince Alberts German background with hers. Guess we have a lot of traditions to thank her for!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Norma Jean Baker (Dougherty) was of course the very lovely Marilyn Monroe. I always preferred as a brunette, except perhaps in The Misfits. She was at her most beautiful there (but ironically, her most unhappy)...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one of Carmen and Dave:

carmendave.jpg
crawford.jpg

cox-arquette.jpg
arnold.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I love celebrity weddings and wedding dresses. Here''s the May 2004 wedding of Letizia Ortiz to the Spanish Crown Prince Felipe.

_40186639_afp300walk.jpg

This gives you a closer look at her veil and those lovely sleeves.

_40186643_afp300chat.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
And the *other* royal wedding of the year was the May 14 Danish Royal Wedding--where Aussie Mary Donaldson married Crown Prince Frederik.

Mary_og_Frederik_83499a.jpg

Closeup of tiara and veil:

bryllup_83794a.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are spectacular shots of spectacular weddings, Hest. You''re a great researcher!

Deb

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Sigh.. I should have become a princess.... These dresses are SO beautiful. If only I had zillions of dollars... that would be loverly..
My neice still firmly believes that she is GOING to be a princess when she grows up.. And why shouldn ''t she? Maybe I''ll get to be in her royal wedding.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 1
6.gif
5:13 AM
Author: MelissaSue
Sigh.. I should have become a princess.... These dresses are SO beautiful. If only I had zillions of dollars... that would be loverly..
My neice still firmly believes that she is GOING to be a princess when she grows up.. And why shouldn ''t she? Maybe I''ll get to be in her royal wedding.
I dated a prince in college (but decided being a princess wasn''t worth the trouble), so there''s no reason your neice can''t be a princess if she desires!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 1
6.gif
5:13 AM
Author: MelissaSue
Mary Donaldson met Prince Frederik at a *bar* during the Sydney Olympics, so your niece just might get lucky too!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 11:48:43 AM
Author: Hest88

Mary Donaldson met Prince Frederik at a *bar* during the Sydney Olympics, so your niece just might get lucky too!
Damn... I KNEW there was a good reason to hang out at bars...
40.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Ah Ha That''s why I love the pub so much
2.gif

I love Mary Donaldson''s dress but without the long train.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2004 4
6.gif
7:31 PM
And the *other* royal wedding of the year was the May 14 Danish Royal Wedding--where Aussie Mary Donaldson married Crown Prince Frederik.

bryllup_83794a.jpg
HI:

Exquisite!! W magazine usually features all the "royal" weddings in their "Suzy" section--much eye candy for the jewels alone.

cheers--Sharon

HollyGo-Lightly

Rough_Rock
What a fabulous thread!!!

I bet Maria Schriver is cringing as we speak that she is posted here in that sad frock....but hey, it was the 80's and that explains Princess Di's hideous thing as well...

I have to say i would lean toward the gowns of Grace Kelly, Courtney Cox, Letizia Ortiz, and Mary Donaldson. Even Jackie O has a classic gown that could honestly be fashionably worn today....bless her, she's such an icon!

Anyone have pictures (or can find pictures) of Audrey hepburn's wedding? Obviously majorly interested...
31.gif
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect that this was not one of her real weddings, but a wedding in a movie...nonetheless, here is Audrey as a bride.

audhep.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2004 4
6.gif
7:31 PM

bryllup_83794a.jpg
Wow!
That is a stunning neckline! What a beautiful dress!!

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
NJC - I loved that little side show on the famous weddings. PS I thought Celine Dion and the one of the outfits in Priscilla - Queen of the desert had a lot in common

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Celin Dion in her gown and headgear

Headgear.jpg

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Priscilla Queen of the desert. Any relation ?

Other head gear.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2004 8:51:37 PM
Author: Emeraldgirl
Priscilla Queen of the desert. Any relation ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never a truer word spoken.....................

cheers---Sharon

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I loved Celine''s dress but that headpiece completely overpowered it to the point that nobody was looking at the dress!! I read somewhere that her headpiece weighed in at almost 12 pounds!! Whoa, that''s like trying to balance a bowling ball on your head.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else think that the MSN piece on wedding gowns was overly critical? For example.. they put Kevin Costner''s wife as a "Low" and she AND her dress are GORGEOUS.. and the dress that Adam Sandler''s wife was wearing is beautiful too.. and they are trying to claim it doesn''t FIT her? I just don''t understand. The celine dionne one I understand though. :)

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I concur! I liked Jessica Simpson''s dress as well...

Most (if not all) wedding dresses are beautiful and selected with such care and love that it''s kind of low to insult them...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2004 10:49:29 AM
Author: abradabra

Most (if not all) wedding dresses are beautiful and selected with such care and love that it''s kind of low to insult them...

What a kind heart you have! I concur!

Deborah

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
I checked out the MSN article and I am dying to see whta the author wore to their wedding, if they even had one. I do think Celine looked ridiculous in that hat thingy, and the dress is overdone but she is the queen of over-the-top. I DO believe that she truly loves her husband. There are no pics of her in the arabic wedding attire she wore for the 2nd ceremony. That is actually quite lovely, if equally lavish and flashy.
Gwen Stefani was one of the most gorgeous brides I have ever seen, I LOVE her dress, I think it suits her perfectly. Adam Sandler and Kevin Costner''s wives are both stunning. Jessica''s dress is also very ''her''. People should learn to be happy that others, especially in Hollywood, are willing to take the plunge.
Maybe I am just too happy in my own relationship to be bitter
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results