shape
carat
color
clarity

Family photos - would this be odd?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 2:43:43 PM
Author: NovemberBride
I have tons of photos displayed in my house. Some are of DH and I, some are us with our families and friends and more recently there are lots of our baby girl. I don''t know why anyone would think it is weird to display photos of yourself in your home and what''s more, I couldn''t care less if they did. It is my home and I love looking at the photos I have displayed. I have some art as well, but it doesn''t have as much meaning to me as the photographs. We paid a lot of money for our engagement pictures, wedding pictures and professional photos of our daughter - why on earth would I keep them in a closet? Everytime I look at the photos of our wedding day hanging on our walls, it brings back all of my wonderful memories of that day. And no piece of art could ever warm my heart the way the photos of my daughter do.
I wholeheartedly agree with this, and I think it''s ridiculous that people actually think that''s narcissistic.

How is it self-centered to revel in the joys of one''s life captured in photographs?

It''s odd to me that art would be preferred to personal photographs. For me, art is nice if it means something, but unless it has a personal connection to me, it feels cold and impersonal. I have a mixture of art and photos in my house, and as far as I''m concerned, my house is predominantly for my enjoyment.

I will say that I always feel warmer when I go to others'' homes and I see photos of them and their families displayed; you can just feel the love and emotion in them.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 12:02:28 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 3/2/2010 2:43:43 PM
Author: NovemberBride
I have tons of photos displayed in my house. Some are of DH and I, some are us with our families and friends and more recently there are lots of our baby girl. I don''t know why anyone would think it is weird to display photos of yourself in your home and what''s more, I couldn''t care less if they did. It is my home and I love looking at the photos I have displayed. I have some art as well, but it doesn''t have as much meaning to me as the photographs. We paid a lot of money for our engagement pictures, wedding pictures and professional photos of our daughter - why on earth would I keep them in a closet? Everytime I look at the photos of our wedding day hanging on our walls, it brings back all of my wonderful memories of that day. And no piece of art could ever warm my heart the way the photos of my daughter do.
I wholeheartedly agree with this, and I think it''s ridiculous that people actually think that''s narcissistic.

How is it self-centered to revel in the joys of one''s life captured in photographs?

It''s odd to me that art would be preferred to personal photographs. For me, art is nice if it means something, but unless it has a personal connection to me, it feels cold and impersonal. I have a mixture of art and photos in my house, and as far as I''m concerned, my house is predominantly for my enjoyment.

I will say that I always feel warmer when I go to others'' homes and I see photos of them and their families displayed; you can just feel the love and emotion in them.
Agree! When I go to someone''s house I always am drawn to the family photos. Of course if there''s a fab piece of art, I''m drawn to that too. Photos make a home a home. Our house was empty for sometime (since we had no furniture having moved from an apt) and the first thing we put up was our wedding collage frame-just to personalize the space a bit until we could do it properly.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
NOT AT ALL!
3.gif
12.gif
Your furballs are your kids! I don''t think that it''s strange! One Xmas I wanted to take my pooch to have pics taken with Santa Claus! LOL... I never did but wish that I did!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results