shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! We're having a really dreary, cold & rainy day today. It was sunny and 80 yesterday, and today is a very rainy, windy 50 degree day. Seeing family over the weekend was great. 3 sets of aunts and uncles were at my parents house. Mom is one of six sisters, and it is like a family reunion when you can get 4 of them together at one time. Mom had to go to her cardiologist today to find out the results of her tests last week and I haven't talked to her yet. She's still feeling lousy from the rib injury. I put chicken in marinade this morning for chicken fajitas for dinner, and then remembered that today is Taco Tuesday for Matt. He and about 13 coworkers go to the Mexican restaurant for lunch on Tuesdays, so it may be a chili and grilled cheese night for us instead of fajitas.

Marcy-Matt loves word games. He loves playing Words With Friends, but he's really good at it and he can't get many people to play him anymore. One guy keeps playing him because he's determined to beat Matt, and then he says once he does, he'll never play him again. The only games I can beat Matt at are games of chance because he's way smarter than I am! You're getting a 4S? Our director and deputy director got 4S phones while the managers got the 4. The director was showing us Siri, and it looked really cool. I'm just thrilled to have the iphone instead of the crapberry. It works so much better. I hope your work personnel issue is calming down for you. Dealing with personnel issues is by far the worst part of being a manager. I have to talk with my newest employee again over the same thing I've talked with her about 2 times before. She's a sweet lady and she's trying really hard but... she's really dingy. She can add the same set of numbers on a calculator 3 times and get 3 different answers, and not be able to figure out what she did wrong. Not good when your job is in accounting.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just talked with mom. Her tests came back okay, which is a relief. The doctor couldn't give a possible explanation for the episode she had with the sharp pains in her chest that went away when she took her nitroglycerin tablets. I wish she'd get herself to the hospital asap the next time it happens. Matt & his buddies didn't go out for Taco Tuesday, so I made fajitas and rice for dinner. It's pouring rain so no walk tonight.

Marcy-did you see that they make gloves to use with touch screen devices? I'm going to have to get a pair since my hands get so cold that my iPad won't respond.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We have been busy the last few nights. Marty finally got his first checks from his new job so we went out to celebrate. Then we went to Sams Club and stocked up on some things. Tonight we went to the bar at the golf course for “Let’s Make a Deal”. You have chances to win prizes up to $500. One of our friends won a t-shirt, golf towel and a free drink coin. It was kind of fun. They do it every Wednesday for about 3 months.

Deegee, sounds like you weather took a change for the cooler side. Did you hear they had a tornado somewhere in Georgia today? Wow, that is awful and really late to have a tornado. I am so relieved to hear your mom’s tests came back okay. Marty always creams me at word games. I am also better at games of chance. I seem to be really good at trivia games too. Most of my answers are just guesses too. Marty is getting the iPhone 4S. It will be his work phone too. They gave him a droid with a different cell phone carrier to he is just going to use his phone and they will reimburse him some of his monthly bill. I did see the gloves that work on a touch screen. I will strongly hint to Marty I want a pair for my Christmas stocking. My employee is really trying but has a ways to go. I am hoping the repetition of tasks will help her. That is bad when someone that is doing accounting has problems adding things up.

Well, I am going to try and get to bed early tonight. :snore:

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Matt and I just got back from our walk. It's 34 outside and my hands are icy cold. I threw a pork roast and veggies in the crock pot this morning, so we had a tasty-licious dinner waiting for us when we got home from work. Matt's trip got postponed, so at least he doesn't have to travel during Thanksgiving week. We have had a very tough week at work. A coworker and wonderful lady I have worked with for 11 1/2 years died on Sunday, and on Tuesday after her funeral, a beloved coworker was fired for no apparent reason. Today was our Thanksgiving luncheon, but nobody was really in the mood to celebrate anything. We're all going to be thrilled to be finished with this week.

Marcy-I asked if they could do whatever they needed to encrypt my work emails on my personal phone so that I could carry only one phone, but they said absolutely not. I didn't hear about the tornado in GA, but earlier in the week it was warm and really windy...as in turn heavy iron patio furniture over windy. Weird weather patterns. Sounds like you guys had fun at the golf course. Is Marty liking his new job (for reasons other than working in his jammies)? Matt loves his because it's right up his alley, but he's finding that he can't get much done due to meetings. Hmm-welcome to my world!

Have a great Friday!!! I'm so ready for the weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day. We were really busy at work so I ended up staying about 30 minutes late. Marty cooked supper for us so I got to eat when I got home. I had so many dishes though I need to load the dishwasher again. I met Marty for lunch and had a taco.

Marty stopped his K-cup coffee maker by for my dad. He had one in his office at work. My dad doesn’t know what to think about Marty working at home. He asked him if he has to check in with someone at work and let them know he is leaving the house.

I have one more day of work until I go on vacation. I am so excited.

Deegee, it sounds very chilly there. We are expecting snow starting tomorrow. It has been warm this week but windy. I am so sorry about that lady at work, was she sick? How awful for everyone and of course for her family. That is really sad about that other lady getting fired. I am sure the mood in your office is pretty somber this week. That is too bad they won’t encrypt your emails on your phone. My company requires we have a screen lock. Marty’s new job requires the screen lock then also a passworded area to even get in to log in to his email. I am glad Matt gets to stay in town next week. Marty is loving his job and so far he is finding it very easy for him. He says he gets so much done but that is because his old job was so fast paced, high pressure and he was always answering the phone, talking to people and putting out fires. He is putting in a lot of hours. I am glad Matt is loving his new job. Meetings do take up a lot of time.

Well, I best go get my dishes out of the dishwasher and load it up again.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I was very lazy on my first day of vacation. I caught up some programs I had on the DVR. I ran out to get my dad some K Cups for his coffee pot. We met my parents for supper. Today is my dad's birthday.

After supper Marty and I wandered around the mall. I picked up some yarn to make some slippers for Christmas gifts.

Yesterday I went to a Thanksgiving program with my friend from work to see her 3 1/2 year old sing in her preschool program. She was very cute. She pointed at us and told one of her teachers - there is my mom and there is my Marcy. Pretty cute. She likes me for some reason. She is the one who calls Marty my dad.

Last night we had our astronomy meeting.

We had a dusting of snow this morning but it melted after the sun came out.

I am getting my perm on Monday at 2 pm and Tuesday I am going to go shopping to the Outlet Mall. I have to be quiet since Marty is working those days. I guess Wednesday I will get my cheesecake made for Thanksgiving. Aack. My vacation is going by far too fast. Oh wait I still have 8 days to go. Breathe.

Off to start crocheting.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Matt and I had a very lazy weekend at home. We had planned to get the outside lights up yesterday because it was such a nice day, but Matt ended up being sick. You know how men are when they're sick. So instead we hung around the house all day and watched football. It poured rain all day today so we pretty much did the same thing. I downloaded the new Sue Grafton book and read it while I half-watched football. We did accomplish buying all the gifts for our 2 secret santa kids, and I'm really happy about that. We're finished a whole week early. Now I have abunch of wrapping to do. I had leftover pork roast for lunch and spaghetti for dinner. Again no walk because of rain. I'm freezing on the porch right now while Lily runs around in the rain with the neighbor dogs. She's got to burn some energy, but boy is she ever going to stink!

Marcy-my friend at work was diagnosed with a rare cancer in her side 5 months ago. She went away for agressive treatment, but was partially paralized after the 4th round of chemo and the tumor had grown significantly. 2 weeks ago her family brought her into work so she could say goodbye, by that Friday she was in a hospice house and she died a week later. It's absolutely heartbreaking. Our office is pretty tightly knit and this has been quite a blow. She was an awesome person. I'm glad to hear you're on vacation for the next week. I might take off on Wednesday, depending on how Mon and Tues go. Buy lots of stuff at the outlets! I ordered a new purse from coach.com last night with my $100 coupon, and Matt has claimed it as a Christmas present for me. That brat! I think I won't open the box when it comes so it will be like a surprise on Christmas morning. I received 2 of the $100 off coupons with different codes on them, so I think I just might order a 2nd purse that he doesn't get to claim as a gift. What kind of cheesecake do you make? Matt and I split a piece of pumpkin cheesecake at the Olive Garden the other night, and it was quite tasty. Have a great week off!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, sorry to hear Matt got sick. I hope he is better now. Rats that the rain kept you indoors. I am so sorry to hear about that lady at work. It sounds awful. I am glad she came in to work to see everyone. Marty cut my Trifid Nebula cover for my iPad so I am up using it now. He used a single sided razor to cut it. I make mini chocolate chip cheesecake. It is always requested for holidays. We also take a few bottles of wine. I hope you get to take off Wednesday. Wow, what a deal getting $100 off at Coach online. I need to go check my last few coupons again. I plan on going to the Coach store at the outlet mall. They have a cosmetic store too and I need a few things from Clinique.

We were mostly lazy today. I made pancakes and Marty some sausage to go with his breakfast. We went grocery shopping about 11. Marty made us some marinated London broil and rice for lunch. We just kind of ate some cheese and nuts for supper.

Tomorrow my parents are coming over for lunch. I am making homemade beef noodle soup, some cornbread and will put out some raw veggies. I think I'll run over to our local cookie store and get some molasses cookies for dessert. Then I have a perm scheduled in the afternoon. I think my vacation is going by way too fast.

This afternoon We went to Sams Club and both a printer that works off our phones and iPads. That will be nice. We can email it too and print out attached documents. Marty hasn't got that part set up yet. Both of us VPN in with our work laptops so that will be very nice.

Well, I best get ready for bed. Marty has a conference call at 7:30 in the morning and I need to get up early anyway to start the soup.

Have a great Monday.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I had a busy day. Marty set his alarm for 6 am. It is on his iPad and sounds like the red alert alarm on Star Trek. I am sound asleep, it goes off and I am freaking out thinking our alarm system is going off. I am scrambling around for my key fob and then I realize it is Marty's alarm. He said he is going to sett louder for tomorrow. Too funny.

I got up about 7:30 and started my beef noodle soup. I ran to the store to get some frozen noodles and some stuff to make a peach dump cake. After my folks left I did some cleaning then headed out to get to a perm. It is a little curler than I wanted but I know it will settle down in a few days. I brought us home some tacos for supper. We ran over to my parents house so Marty could set up their cable box. He had to move a VCR, yes VCR to one of thier bedrooms. They have already called him twice tonight because they can't remember how to use the remote. Hopefully they will get better at using it.

Afterwards we went to the liquor store to ge wine for Thanksgiving. We got some malbec and Chardonnay.

I got my Christmas cards ready to,go tonight. Yippee. I will mail them about December 1.

Tomorrow I am going shopping and run a few errands.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday! I ran errands this morning. I brought lunch home for us then started reading the new Stephanie Plum book. Marty decided to move his office to Starbucks this afternoon. I must be too noisy. LOL.

It is not bad temperature wise here today but the wind is howling. After I got home I was cold so I put on my sweats. Do I really have to go back to work next week?

I best get supper started. We are having left over London Broil and whatever else I can find to cook with it.

:wavey:
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello.....My name is Rod and I used to post here all the time. I'm sorry for being MIA for so long. I must admit I have not been working out as diligently as I once did. After my mother passed away last year, and having my father left on his own down here, coupled with an insanely busy work schedule (which is going really well), there just isn't much time for workouts these days. I no longer get in the gym during the evening hours. I often have to work well past 7 PM, which doesn't leave enough time for a workout. We do go on the weekends, but I can certainly feel a difference in my waist. I was feeling guilty about not doing my 'uber' marathon workouts, but I just can't beat myself up over things. Oh well, at least we are both healthy and doing well.

I glanced at a few posts and wanted to say it's nice to see familiar people. Hey to you all.

I do need one favor. I'm helping a friend from the gym with an engagement ring. I posted a thread on Rocky Talky, but so far, haven't received any posts. If you'd go out and take a look and help me help him, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my healthy friends. I hope you have a wonderful holiday with whoever you're with!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am delighted to see a post of you. :appl: I have been wondering how you are doing. It is good to hear from you my friend. I hope you and Charlie are doing well. That is great to hear work is going so well for you but it sounds like you are working a lot of hours. That must mean there are jobs opening up out there but I am sure the competition for those jobs is pretty fierce. How is your dad doing? Is he enjoying the senior community and has he made some friends there? Definitely don't beat yourself up over not being able to get to the gym at night. What matters is you are both healthy and doing well. Marty and I are doing well. Marty started a new job last month which is a big change for both of us. He is working from home now or travels. It is really strange leaving for work and he is in his comfy lounging clothes, drinking coffee and I have to drive myself to work. He is very happy with his new job and sure does not miss all the operations side of his old job. He sleeps through the night now and won't get called in to work during Thanksgiving dinner. The weight of 24x7 calls, emails and texts really took it's toll on him. The stress of it all (since February) took a toll on my eating and wine consumption so i put some weight back on but I continue to work on it each and every day. I am not going to get down on myself because I don't feel bad and I intend to try to make reasonable choices of what I out in my mouth. I hope you stop by now and then so I can hear how you are doing. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Charlie. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I finished the new Stepanie Plum book tonight. It was good, definitely better than the last one. Next week a new Harry Bosch novel comes out. I think I will start buying all the Sue Gradton books next. I haven't read much lately.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is living. I slept in until 8 today and have just spent time goofing off this morning. I guess I will go get started on my cheesecake for tomorrow. Have a great day. :wavey:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy. How wonderful for Marty. I know the constant "on-call" aspect of his job, not to mention "little" jaunts to Japan, were wearing thin. I hope he's much happier. I know what you mean about leaving for work and he's still home. Charlie finally had all he could take of dealing with the public at Restoration Hardware. They reduced their staff to a bare bones crew and he was working every weekend. We hardly ever saw each other and it definitely reduced my motivation to go to the gym. So, a few weeks ago, he resigned. I'm making really good money these days (yes, hiring in the technology sectore is definitely up up up), so what he was making, really won't be missed. Now, I get up and get ready for work and he's still asleep with Sakai (she's doing so well these days) curled up in his arms. He will find something else (likely after the holidays), but for now, he's enjoying his "mini-reirement!" Also, we FINALLY sold the 'Uber' expensive condo we abandoned nearly a year ago, so, with no mortgage, we're in a really really good financial position. It's let me indulge my photography interest, and I've invested in a new DSLR and a really good lens.

My father is doing so well. I hate to say that my mom's passing, was in a way a blessing, but without having to constantly worry about her and make sure she was taking her many many pills on time, he's been able to relax and do things he wants to do. Her medications were such a financial drain that I never understood why he never offered to help pay for dinner when we'd go out. Now, with no financial issues, he grabs the check when we go out. And he's more pleasant to be with. At almost 91 years old, he takes care of his home, get's in his golf cart and shops for what he needs, cooks his own meals and has set up everything on the bill pay side through electronic bill pay.

My brother, is flying in later this afternoon and they'll be at our house tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I feel badly my mother won't be with us, but I do hope we have a nice day together.

I will try to check in more often. Honest. Thanks and again, Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on the HLT!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that is good to hear the tech industry is going well. Marty will probably travel a but more than he did before but he is very excited about it all. He is going to the UK in a few weeks. It is nice to see him so happy. Good for you doing so well at work. That is really great. I am glad Charlie is not having to deal with the hassles of his job anymore. I know it was hard on both of you working different days and hours. I am sure Sakai likes the company too. I am delighted to hear she is doing so well and very happy to hear your old condo finally sold. :appl: I understand what you mean about your dad. I can sure see the same going on with my parents. My dad is very attentive to my mom but she needs a lot of help and assistance. It is weighing on him but they are hanging in there for now. That is great your dad is adjusting so well. I hope you all have a wonderful visit with your brother coming to town. What brand of DSLR did you get? We have the Pentax. We picked that because we had a Pentax K1000 SLR and all the lenses fit the digital camera. What kind of photos do you like to take? I like to take scenery and macros of flowers.

We went out with friends tonight. Marty and the guy played a few rounds of golf. We all met for drinks then his wife joined us for supper. I got my cheesecake in the frig when we got home. It smells good.

Tahe care. I hope all of you have a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.

:wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We went to my nephews house and had a nice day. I did not eat any turkey so I am fine. :bigsmile:

There were 20 of us there today so it was a houseful. We are watching the holiday specials on Fox tonight. The Ice Age was okay, the Peanuts one was not the best one ive seen and now there is a Simpsons one on.

Laters
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

Rod-nice to see you post and hear you, Charlie and your dad are doing well. Also glad to hear you sold your condo. I bet that's a huge relief. I hope you had a nice visit with your brother for Thanksgiving. Lucky Charlie! I'm sure he'll get bored and ready to find something after the new year. I keep thinking I need to quit my job and become a stay at home doggie mom.

Marcy-glad you had a good visit with family. Are you allergic to turkey/poultry? Sounds like you're having a relaxing vacation. Tell Marty you'd be more than happy to work as his personal assistant, and then you could work from home too! I must have pre-ordered the Stephanie Plum book and forgot about it because it popped up in my kindle app this week. Of course I had to read it when I discovered it there. I liked it better than the last one too. Have you ever read JD Robb or Lee Child books? I'm trying to find another series to get started on.

We went home to KY for Thanksgiving yesterday. I'm so thankful for my wonderful family. I ate so much yesterday that my stomach really hurt. And then I had pie. I haven't stuffed myself to the point of pain for a long time! Matt and I walked 3 miles when we got home, but I still had a belly ache when I went to bed. Ugh. Today was a very sad day. We had to have our cat put to sleep this morning. All 3 of our cats have died within the last 2 years. We had each one of them for over 16 years and they were all strays, so we don't know how old they truly were. I was sitting on the steps bawling my eyes out this morning before we went to the vet, and sweet Lily Pie sat down on the step behind me and put her head on my shoulder. She's been hanging with me all day-right now she's sleeping on my feet. I plan to visit the shelter in the next few weeks to adopt 2 kitties. This is the first time in my life I haven't had any cats. Matt and I stayed home the rest of the day and raked leaves & cleaned/pressure washed the garage. We're both tired and didn't feel like going out, so we ordered pizza from Papa John's. Have a nice weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so sorry about your cat. Hugs to you. I am glad Lily is keeping you company today. That is so sad.

I am glad you had a nice visit in Kentucky. Yes, I am allergic to poultry; it makes me really sick anymore. It's a good thing beef doesn't seem to bother me. I want to find another series too. Have you read anything by those authors?

Wow, was I lazy today. Marty and a friend drove south to play golf. I waited around for Marty's new iPhone 4S and worked on laundry. I downloaded a new password program today and spent most of my day adding information in it. I had a free password keeper but it never synced between devices and if I got a new device the data wouldn't transfer. Marty had one that syncs between his PC, iPhone and iPad so I decided to buy it too. At least now it will always be up to date on all my devices and I won't have to type in all my information again.

We had a brief but intense snow storm move through here - I think the strong winds just blew it out. Marty is playing poker tonight. I am going to rent some VOD movies. Right now I am watching "Tresspass". Not a happy movie.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Today was very uneventful. We had a lot of high wind and a little snow so other than venturing out to pick up the paper on my driveway I stayed home. I made beef stroganoff for lunch out of some leftover roast. I used the lite sour cream for it. This afternoon we've been watching movies and playing with our iPads. Tomorrow I need to go stock up on food for the week. Aak. Then back to work on Monday.

Since Marty is working from home I thought it would be funny to get him some pajama jeans. Sadly it looks like they are only for women. It would have been a great joke for Christmas.

Deegee, I hope you, Matt and Lily had a good day. I am thinking of you guys.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. I am sad to know these are the last few hours of my vacation. Oh well, I had a nice week and I am certainly rested up.

I made hoemade biscuits for breakfast. We went grocery shopping about 10 then we have been watching TV. Marty went with one of his buddies to Lowes then they were going to have a drink at the golf course. I am watching my football team lose right now.

This morning while I was doing dishes I saw 2 bunnies have a stand off in the backyard. When I first saw them they were about 4 to 5 feet apart. It looked like they were starring at each other. About a minute later one of the bunnies looked away then all of a sudden leaped at the other bunny. The other bunny did the same thing. They both did I again getting closer to each other. Then one of then headed towards the alley. I didn't know bunnies were that aggressive. Bunny Wars! :bigsmile:

I haven't worn my ering since Thursday. It looks so shiny right now. I should get out my jewel jet tonight and sparkle it up somill have something to look at tomorrow when I am working.

I hope you all had a great weekend.
Marcy. :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I can't believe it is already Sunday night. Matt is heading out of town in the morning and will be back Wednesday night, and then we're heading out of town on Thursday. Busy week. We took advantage of a gorgeous day yesterday to put up the outside lights and decorations. I really wasn't in the mood, but Matt convinced me it would help. I was sitting in the driveway repairing a wreath with a hot glue gun when my sweet 9 yr old neighbor girl came over to help and to chit chat. Several kids came over to play with Lily and help, so we ended up having quite a nice afternoon. Lily has been super needy the past few days, and I think she's mourning the cat too. After Kiki died 2 years ago, Lily kept searching all over the house for her. A few days later, she ran to the spot outside where we buried Kiki, sniffed a little, lay down beside it, and then never searched for Kiki again. We learned from that and made sure she was with us when we buried Fraidy Cat and Queso so she knows where they are. She has been very sad and mopey, which isn't like her at all, so I really do think she's mourning the loss of her buddy. We hung around the house all day again today and watched football. We got our Secret Santa gifts wrapped tonight since they're due tomorrow. We were proud of ourselves for getting everything bought a whole week early, and then we waited until the very last minute to wrap them! I have eaten BADLY every day since Thanksgiving, so I must get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Marcy-the jeans pj's would have been an awesome gift for Marty. Too cute! Maybe they'll turn up for men too. I didn't know bunnies were aggressive either. One of them must have been on the other one's turf. I'm glad to hear you're all rested up and ready to get back to work. I am planning to take off Thursday and Friday this week, and just might throw in Wednesday as well since I ended up working last Wednesday. I'd like to go shopping by myself and try to get a few things done. Matt won't be home until Wednesday night and we're heading out Thursday morning. One of my new purses arrived on Friday, but I haven't opened it since Matt snagged it for a Christmas gift. I have another one that should be delivered on Wednesday, and he's not snagging that one! Did you get an email about an online Coach Factory sale? It starts tomorrow...right after I ordered 2 purses from the full price site. My timing is always off. I haven't read either of those authors, but my mom suggested them to me. I started another book in the Outlander series, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. Thanks for thinking of us. Our pets are our children-we're very attached to them.

Have a great Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am glad you guys had a nice time decorating and enjoyed the kids in the neighborhood coming over to help. It breaks me heart that Lily is so sad too. Hugs to all of you. It is so rough. Yes, I did get the email from Coach. I hope I have time to check it out in the morning. If not I will check it out tomorrow evening. Not that I need a new purse but hey a sale is a sale. You are better then me. I'd have thy box open and already using the purse. :bigsmile: I found some tall lounging pants at Tommy Bahamas and I have a $50 gift card for them so maybe I'll get Marty something from them. That will be nice for you to have a short week.

Well, I thinkmimwill get in bed before 11. I can't sleep in until 8 am tomorrow. ;(

Later
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I survived my first day back at work but it was a long day. I only had 2 big problems to fix as I walked in the door but it made my morning go by quickly. Marty had supper mostly ready when I got home tonight. We had baked potatoes, veggies and steak on the grill. I are half of my potato and half of my steak.

I couldn't sleep when I went to bed then Marty got up about 4 am so it was a short night. I hope to be in bed by 10:30.

Well, take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- you're right...a sale is a sale! I had to slap my fingers to keep from ordering another purse. I really like the red patent leather ones. I kept reminding myself that I have a nice, brand new purse still in the box and another one will be here on Wednesday (cobalt blue patent leather). I do not need another purse! I'll cave before the sale is over and buy something red, I just know it. I'm glad you survived your first day back to work!

It has rained all day today. I'm sneezing my head off and my throat is starting to feel scratchy. I hope it's rain related and that I'm not getting sick. Lily and I were unable to walk this evening because of the nasty weather. I had leftover cajun chicken pasta and the last piece of pumpkin pie for dinner. Probably not so healthy. I did ask them to make the pasta with the tomato basil sauce instead of the cream sauce, so that had to help some. They're doing another section decorating contest at work, so we started decorating for Christmas today. We don't think we can beat our awesome Halloween display, but we've got a good start so far. Everyone thinks we're really organized and plan it all out, but we just show up with stuff every day and figure out what to do with it. We just work really well together. I going to head to bed and hopefully my sneezing and scratchy throat will be all gone tomorrow. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am an enabler. Buy it, buy it! A red purse sounds cool. :bigsmile: i looked at the bags on sale and i am thinking about a few of them Rats that the rains showed up today. We are expecting snow Wednesday night in to Thursday. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Have fun decorating. Good luck with the contest.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow marcy-you are an enabler! Lucky for the angel in me, all of the purses I had my eye on yesterday are already sold out. Of course, my non-angelic side is telling me to look again, there's plenty left! Did you get anything?

Lily and I just got back from our walk. We only walked 2 miles because it is cold outside and I have the sniffles. I did much better with food today and have plenty of points left over for something sweet before bed. We put a few more decorations up at work today. We started yesterday and then the email went out about the section decorating contest. The other sections are having meetings and coming up with ideas so they can beat us. I actually saw sketches in one office ...they're doing a Polar Express theme. I love that everyone is getting into the spirit. I'm sure we won't win this time because we other groups are way more organized than we are. Ours will look cute and festive, and that's what we were going for. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Deegee, I couldn't find a purse I really wanted. I am glad you got 2 new purses to enjoy. Sorry to hear you have the sniffles today. Get better. Are you working tomorrow?

Work was very busy again today. I had meetings and worked on a competency list for my department. It will be useful for me and my employees. Marty made homemade tacos for us for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yes, I went to work today because I had a few things I really needed to get done. I woke up really stuffed up and coughing, so I went in a little late. I got my new cobalt blue patent purse in today, and I love it! I was a little afraid of the color, but it is really pretty. Matt and I plan to head to the outlets while we're in Cincinnati this weekend and I'll have to check the Coach outlet while I'm there. Mom mentioned that she would like a neutral color purse for Christmas, so I'm on it! Is Marty cooking dinner more often now since he doesn't commute? Matt plans on making chili for lunch before we head out tomorrow. That's about the only thing he cooks.

Matt made it home around 7 tonight. We went to eat and then made a walmart run. Dummy me... I'm walking through the store coughing my head off and sneezing, and forgot cough drops and cold medicine! Ever since my inner ear infection a few months ago, loud noises really hurt my ear. We're going to a very loud concert tomorrow night and I forgot to get ear plugs. I guess we'll be making another walmart run on our way out of town. Grrrr me... Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so glad you like your cobalt blue purse. I sure hope you are feeling better today and are having fun at the concert. Good idea to look for a purse for your mom at the Coach Outlet store. I might have to go visit ours pretty soon. I keep looking for a different iPad case. I was more "stations" for propping it up at different angles. Marty does cook supper if I come up with what we want for supper before I leave for work. He likes to cook and does a good job. He is a little more messy than I am cooking though.

Last night we went to Spamalot. It was fun.

We had enough snow to make the streets and sidewalks icy.

Work was really busy today. I barely had time to get my work done since we were short 2 people. It was also interesting - we had one of those disgruntled employees who was quitting send out one of those emails you just go "wow" when you read.

Marty and I had a frozen pizza for supper.

Tomorrow is finally Friday.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results