shape
carat
color
clarity

Facets or Sasha Patik Channel Set Eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock

I am in the process of buying my wedding band and have narrowed it down to a channel set eternity ring of about 2.4mm with .50ct weight (i love the look of the smaller diamonds in an eternity channel and also prefer thinner vs. thicker edges on the side...so delicate!) OR the Memoire petit prong set eternity in 1ct weight.

I am going to eyeball the memoire petit prong set this weekend alongside a channel set, so I can make my final decision between the two.

If I go with the channel set, I have looked at Facet''s eternity channel sets and also Sasha Primak''s. I will attach pics. I have heard lots of reviews of signed pieces/facets on this site but can''t find anything on Sasha Primak (I have only just learned of this designer myself). The Sasha Primak''s channel band is slightly more expensive and I am wondering if anyone here has any opinion on getting a channel set through SP/facets vs. Sasha Primak. Would S.Primak''s be of better quality make (the diamonds, themselves, are essentially the same quality). I have seen neither in person and will no be able to prior to ordering.

Thanks!
Bright.

here''s Sasha Primak''s photo:

SP413.jpg

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Facets eternity

facets2.5mm.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-2-56-cttw-5-stone-band.72660/

This thread shows a Sasha Primak ring that Demelza bought. It is not a channel set band but I think the workmanship is exquisite. Pearlman's carries Sasha Primak - I'm sure Bill would be happy to tell you about the quality that goes into those pieces. I don't know that the stone quality would be different or better and buying a designer brand is almost always more pricey than not but for some folks, the quality of the designer pieces is worth the money.

It's unfortunate that you can't see and compare the two - that would be the best way to determine which is right for you. Many here have purchased from Facets and been delighted. I'm equally sure that the Primak band would be superb as well. It might just come down to different dimensions, i.e. width of band, more metal showing on one than the other, etc. I bought a Memoire five stone band - it was definitely more expensive than the Facets piece but I have never regretted the decision. When buying a wedding band that you will wear everyday for the rest of your life, I'm more inclined to spend the extra money if I think it means a higher quality piece - but that's just my opinion!

Good luck - hopefully others will chime in with their experiences. Be sure and let us know which one you decide on!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MissGotRocks. I agree. I have since decided on the Sasha Primak channel set. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 2:37:42 PM
Author: brightstone
Thanks MissGotRocks. I agree. I have since decided on the Sasha Primak channel set. :)
It is a lovely choice!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 2:37:42 PM
Author: brightstone
How exciting for you! Can''t wait to see pics! I don''t think you will be sorry.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing that beauty on your hand!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results