iLander

Ideal_Rock

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not smitten with the look......

MoZo

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen something quite similar in person and think they look a bit like plastic. Although we know our pearls are cultured (the vast majority anyway), I don't like to be reminded by looking at geometric patterns under all that beautiful nacre. Admittedly, this is just my personal feeling. I'm sure some will love them. I supposed used in the right way it might be interesting, but not for me.

Yikes. Not a fan!!! Not a fan! I've seen CARVED pearls before, and I like those.. kind of weird but I like those. But.. faceted? All over? :errrr: I agree they remind me of beads.

I don't think taking thin layers of the nacre off of akoyas sounds like a good idea

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean said:
Yikes. Not a fan!!! Not a fan! I've seen CARVED pearls before, and I like those.. kind of weird but I like those. But.. faceted? All over? :errrr: I agree they remind me of beads.

I've seen pictures and in person many beautifully carved Tahitian pearls, ones with intricate designs, not the simple carvings like what Kojima Pearls has. I think the purpose of some carved pearls is to remove the imperfection on the pearl's surface. But geometric pattern? Nah...Personally, I don't like them. Not attractive at all.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright&shiny said:
I've seen something quite similar in person and think they look a bit like plastic.

yes, they look like popbeads!

MoZo

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
they look like reptile scales...

EchoEcho

Rough_Rock
I've seen FW faceted pearls which had the facets carved/flattened after harvest, and I was not a fan of those. These seem even less defined than those and don't look at all like natural pearls to me - more like plastic beads. I've also seen carved Tahitians, some of which are very beautiful, but those are an entirely different matter. I will not be buying any faceted pearls!

HHPmom said:
bean said:

I've seen pictures and in person many beautifully carved Tahitian pearls, ones with intricate designs, not the simple carvings like what Kojima Pearls has. I think the purpose of some carved pearls is to remove the imperfection on the pearl's surface. But geometric pattern? Nah...Personally, I don't like them. Not attractive at all.

I like the kojima ones :) I can't remember the name of the designer that put diamonds in the pearls too.. a little out of my budget! :D

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean said:
I like the kojima ones :) I can't remember the name of the designer that put diamonds in the pearls too.. a little out of my budget! :D

Chi Huynh Galatea. There is a Galatea website. I haven't looked at it for a while but found it by Googling.

Here's a website with carved Tahitian blk pearls. They are based in Hawaii. I have not dealt with them. http://blackpearldesigns.net/blackpearl-carved.html

HHPmom said:
bean said:

Chi Huynh Galatea. There is a Galatea website. I haven't looked at it for a while but found it by Googling.

Here's a website with carved Tahitian blk pearls. They are based in Hawaii. I have not dealt with them. http://blackpearldesigns.net/blackpearl-carved.html

Yes that is right! I am intrigued by the gemstone beads, with pearl and diamonds.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Now those are beautiful! Even if I didn't like them, I could appreciate the skill in creating them. Thank you for showing them to all of us! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results