shape
carat
color
clarity

faceted girdle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkleslee

Rough_Rock
from looking around i have seen a lot of girdles on round brillians (including mine!) be listed as ''faceted.'' what is the point of having a faceted girdle? does that throw off the symmetry since some parts are thicker than others?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See this thread for further info, it explains things well.
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/difference-between-a-girdle-thats-faceted-or-not.32247/

sparkleslee

Rough_Rock
lorelei, thanks for that link! i think i understand a little more now.
emsmile.gif

if i look at it w/ a loupe i can see the facets in the girdle, but otherwise i don''t think i can tell the difference anyway. just glad to hear it''s not a ''bad'' thing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2007 10:16:21 AM
Author: sparkleslee
lorelei, thanks for that link! i think i understand a little more now.
emsmile.gif

if i look at it w/ a loupe i can see the facets in the girdle, but otherwise i don''t think i can tell the difference anyway. just glad to hear it''s not a ''bad'' thing!
Glad to help!
35.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The girdle on my ring (center stone) is faceted, while the two sidestones are not. I can tell when I look closely, but the sides are only .27 ct. My late MIL''s e-ring stone is not faceted, and it is around .75-.90 ct and I can definitely see a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results