shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Fabulous WF remake of my eternity band - shared prong to bezel!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its an excellent remake, Dee Jay!! I love how it looks like so much more "presence" on your hand now! (not that the original look was in any way un noticeable!! lol)

And loved your description of the "eternity" to get your degree!! LOL - totally get that concept!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!! I am 10000% in love with your band :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just now seeing this! It looks great, DeeJay!!! Love the bezels!:appl:

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
:lickout::appl::love: I. AM. IN. LOVE. WOW!!! Congrats on the beautiful remake!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the lovely comments! It's an amazing ring and I'm SO glad I finally had it reset!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Back in about 2000 I had an eternity band made to celebrate finishing my master degree... because that process had felt like an ETERNITY! Well the jeweler decided that I wear my rings too loose and had it made smaller than I asked for because *he knew best* (bless his heart, gotta love those old school jewelers!), so I ended up with a gorgeous ring in a size 4.5 that I rarely wore, and it was definitely not a size that was comfortable on right hand, which is where I would wear it now. Sad and unloved, it sat in my jewelry box for about two decades... I contacted WF last year about just getting it remade in a U-prong style, and a slightly bigger size, but I wasn't sure that was the right answer either because I was afraid of knocking a stone (klutz alert!) and then Bye Bye Diamond! This wasn't an idle fear BTW, because I had lost one early on, so I knew it could happen. I sat on the idea for a while... and then when we were in Houston for the GTG I had a chat with the lovely WF people about remaking it bezel set. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier! This is now a ring I'm going to wear All The Time!!!
Perfection!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

I love bezel eternities- this has got to be the best one I have ever seen! Love it so much. Whiteflash did an amazing job- good for you for doing it! I have a (much, much) smaller bezel eternity and it is the ring I wear all.the.time. Perpetual rhr, or low key wedder. So I know how rewarding and comfy they are and yours is completely sublime!

Viola

Shiny_Rock
@Dee*Jay I’m so happy I stumbled upon this thread. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous.

I’m on the fence between a few designs and I’m trying eliminate one or the other...
Two of them being prong set eternity and bezel set...

I haven’t come across a poster who’s had both a larger prong set eternity and a bezel, so this will be valuable for me...do you still wear and love your beautiful eternity? Do you find it differs ALOT when it comes to being comfortable compared to you previous design?

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Viola!

The remake of this ring was definitely one of my better jewelry decisions! It is actually very comfortable (although I never found the other style UNcomfortable because I've got a weird gap going on between my fingers anyway). I know some people find eternity bands with "deep" stones to be problematic, but I actually don't, so this design is super wearable to me. I'm sure there was some level of "getting used to it" in the beginning, but that hasn't really stuck with me so it must not have been too bad. And now, not a problem at all.

If I had to do it all over again and was presented at the outset with the shared prong style and the bezel set I would have chosen this one hands down (no pun intended).

The metal around the stones looks very visible in the pics BTW, but in real life it pretty much disappears.

Not sure if I've really answered your questions so let me know if you want any other info.

Have you been able to try on eternity bands with stones of a size you're considering?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh nice bezel! beautiful ring.. love it.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b this is actually the one I was thinking of (though my photos on the other thread are not these). I think these stones are .33-.35, for reference.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b this is actually the one I was thinking of (though my photos on the other thread are not these). I think these stones are .33-.35, for reference.

UghughUGH!!

@Tonks - I remember when we first discussed eternities - some years ago now - and I wondered if my 27 pointers were too small. NOW - seeing *this* - I'm really wondering if I've screwed up majorly! Nothing I can do about it at this point - but I can say with certainty - I think I've got this wrong.

<sob>

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
UghughUGH!!

@Tonks - I remember when we first discussed eternities - some years ago now - and I wondered if my 27 pointers were too small. NOW - seeing *this* - I'm really wondering if I've screwed up majorly! Nothing I can do about it at this point - but I can say with certainty - I think I've got this wrong.

<sob>

No way do you have it wrong! You have gorgeous stones and no matter how you set them they are going to sparkle madly and be amazing.

Seriously. You cannot go wrong here. 27 pointers are an amazing and wearable size.

NO SOBBING.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
No way do you have it wrong! You have gorgeous stones and no matter how you set them they are going to sparkle madly and be amazing.

Seriously. You cannot go wrong here. 27 pointers are an amazing and wearable size.

NO SOBBING.

Also if it helps, mine are .29. So very similar to yours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results