shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vendor said this is one of his favorite stones!

There was a lot of angst on my part because I had to decide between this tourmaline and the rubellite heart. Ultimately I couldn't resist the heart but I showed this to my sister and she loved the colour so she bought it. I'm so happy it stayed in the family!

Vendor made the ring for her based on some inspiration pictures that she loved.

The setting and stone came in well under $1500!!! The finish and craftsmanship is absolutely impeccable!

All of that for under $1,500? It’s doesn’t seem possible! :-o What an incredible score!

Would you mind sharing a link on the vendor?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of that for under $1,500? It’s doesn’t seem possible! :-o What an incredible score!

Would you mind sharing a link on the vendor?

Suhail is the one who takes charge of all my projects. I adore him! He handles my drama llama tendencies like a champ!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

Suhail is the one who takes charge of all my projects. I adore him! He handles my drama llama tendencies like a champ!

Do you send your own stones overseas to them to be set or do you always purchase the stones directly from them?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My new (to me) little Edwardian or Victorian ring qualifies. It has three little emeralds in the most amazingly sparkly OEC halo. I got it to celebrate having recently managed to not die from a burst appendix. It is so very cheering. Here it is in the sun: IMG_2380.jpeg

The emeralds are darker in the shade; it has a delicate gallery and side view:
IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new (to me) little Edwardian or Victorian ring qualifies. It has three little emeralds in the most amazingly sparkly OEC halo. I got it to celebrate having recently managed to not die from a burst appendix. It is so very cheering. Here it is in the sun: IMG_2380.jpeg

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

First off, sorry about your medical emergency. I’m glad everything turned out all right. Secondly, that ring is beautiful! There’s just something about emeralds.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

Yikes-Burst appendix is no joking around!

a beautiful ring to celebrate with though :love:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_2465.jpeg

IMG_2466.jpeg

Glad you are ok. This ring is totally my style. Where did you find it?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Glad you are ok. This ring is totally my style. Where did you find it?
Thank you!
From this etsy seller. She's lovely and has beautiful things:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!
From this etsy seller. She's lovely and has beautiful things:

I love her shop!! It’s a lovely ring and so glad you’re ok!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting was a quick preloved purchase that I bought without looking at close enough (I just saw affordable diamond halo, lol) . At home, with the help of my reading glasses, I was disappointed by the curved inner wall separating the center stone and the halo.

This Brazilian Alex was purchased for me in Tucson. It has great sparkle and very distinct/good color change but once I got it, I didn't care for the lighter tone with my skin tone. Combined with the small size, it was going to just get lost.

Two "regret" purchases. Realizing the stone fit the setting, I put them together thinking it might be a good June birthday gift for a family member born in June. After all, it was a genuine Alex and most June babies I know don't have one.

But together, they really work. Now I want to keep it :doh:

20220905_121305.jpg

Under $600 including labor to set stone/fix prongs.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made it!!!! I made the thread!!!!! Even if I include the cost of the GIA report!!!!!

Heat only 2.77ct blue sapphire with a 2.5mm G VS diamond halo. In hindsight I may have been able to squeeze in a small blue sapphire halo around the diamonds to pad up the size but this was my first project so I didn't want to push it.

PXL_20221031_215723276.jpg

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I made it!!!! I made the thread!!!!! Even if I include the cost of the GIA report!!!!!

Heat only 2.77ct blue sapphire with a 2.5mm G VS diamond halo. In hindsight I may have been able to squeeze in a small blue sapphire halo around the diamonds to pad up the size but this was my first project so I didn't want to push it.

I love it. The blue is so vibrant. Who made the setting?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

PXL_20221031_211846238.jpg

Great color! You did very well!

M

maru8888777

My 1920s maybe-Tiffany platinum sapphire art deco filigree dome ring qualifies. It even almost qualifies for the earlier limit, but not quite.

IMG_2779 (1).jpeg IMG_2821 (1).jpeg
IMG_2776 (1).jpeg
Photo on 10-30-22 at 3.36 PM #2.jpeg

Beautiful rings! Your new ring is beautiful, and that cornflower sapphire is absolutely amazing!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! Your new ring is beautiful, and that cornflower sapphire is absolutely amazing!

Thank you! I got my cornflower sapphire from an Instagram seller in Sri Lanka, which felt very risky to me, but wow was I pleased when it arrived. The ring came in a bit over the limit for this thread when you include the setting. It's heated and 1.9 cts. Here's a (blurry) shot of it with the new ring, both catching the direct sunlight. I have to pinch myself when it does that to convince myself I'm not dreaming. Here you can see clearly how abraded the sapphire is in the maybe-Tiffany ring.

IMG_2785.jpeg

M

maru8888777

Thank you! I got my cornflower sapphire from an Instagram seller in Sri Lanka, which felt very risky to me, but wow was I pleased when it arrived. The ring came in a bit over the limit for this thread when you include the setting. It's heated and 1.9 cts. Here's a (blurry) shot of it with the new ring, both catching the direct sunlight. I have to pinch myself when it does that to convince myself I'm not dreaming. Here you can see clearly how abraded the sapphire is in the maybe-Tiffany ring.

IMG_2785.jpeg

goodness gracious, that glow! It's unreal!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_2785.jpeg

Both rings are absolutely gorgeous. Can you share the seller you worked with on the cornflower sapphire?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Both rings are absolutely gorgeous. Can you share the seller you worked with on the cornflower sapphire?

GemOceanLtd on Instagram. I was in awe of @Cerulean's amazing blue sapphire that she got from him. I combed his Instagram until I saw another blue sapphire that had the same electric look that the videos of the one she'd bought had in his feed. I figured that would give me a good chance at a sapphire with similar magic. It worked. Hers is bigger and unheated, and I've never seen it in person, but judging by our photos, I think our two cornflower blue sapphires are probably similar in their explosion of electric silky intensity when the sun hits them, and their bright glow in the shade.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
GemOceanLtd on Instagram. I was in awe of @Cerulean's amazing blue sapphire that she got from him. I combed his Instagram until I saw another blue sapphire that had the same electric look that the videos of the one she'd bought had in his feed. I figured that would give me a good chance at a sapphire with similar magic. It worked. Hers is bigger and unheated, and I've never seen it in person, but judging by our photos, I think our two cornflower blue sapphires are probably similar in their explosion of electric silky intensity when the sun hits them, and their bright glow in the shade.

Thanks. I actually tried shopping with him one time and he kept telling me that shipping was $250 for a stone that was $750. I ended up not purchasing because I couldn’t justify that cost at the time but they have some amazing sapphires.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

It is soon to be someone else’s! :) but I enjoyed her while she was with me! I learned that as much as I loved the color, I really do prefer either pastels or really deep colors!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I actually tried shopping with him one time and he kept telling me that shipping was $250 for a stone that was $750. I ended up not purchasing because I couldn’t justify that cost at the time but they have some amazing sapphires.

That's understandable. He quoted me a single price for the stone with shipping included, so I didn't have that dilemma, even though I expect the shipping did cost that much. I am very happy with my sapphire and the price I paid. I have bought (much cheaper) stones from other vendors in Sri Lanka that were shipped to me much more cheaply--but maybe not as safely. I mean, they did arrive safely, but maybe the trip was riskier? Or slower? I don't know. Anyway, I have no complaints about my sapphire or its price.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PXL_20221031_211846238.jpg

It’s stunning! I can’t believe a ring like that could make it into this thread. Well done! I love nothing more than a bright colored gem surrounded by an icy white halo. *drool* :kiss2: :love: :kiss2:

ps. Can I call dibs, if you ever decide to sell this beauty? :mrgreen:

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
They are fantastic!!!! The bigger/more complicated settings they do for me are superb.

I've got this phobia of buying a stone with no setting plans as options are very limited in Australia so I really enjoy the "one stop shop and set" experience!

Do they have the website starlanka.com?

Your sister's ring is very pretty! (I haven't read back far enough to see your heart ring, yet.)

Crochet_Sparkles

Rough_Rock
Reviving this thread because I'm thrilled with my new cheap ring. It's a cat's eye golden rutile quartz set in 9k yellow gold. Very simple, but very wearable day to day. PXL_20230215_172701189.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230215_172608191.jpg
    PXL_20230215_172608191.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20230215_172553910.jpg
    PXL_20230215_172553910.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 18

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Reviving this thread because I'm thrilled with my new cheap ring. It's a cat's eye golden rutile quartz set in 9k yellow gold. Very simple, but very wearable day to day. PXL_20230215_172701189.jpg

That's cool, you've got some of Rumpelstiltskin's magic threads in there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results