shape
carat
color
clarity

Eyeclean?

sharptooth

Rough_Rock
Hey guys I'm trying to pick out an engagement ring right now. I was wondering if I could ask y'all's expert opinions on a diamond I found.

https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamonds-search/view_detail/6179609/

I've already ordered one diamond and it had a very visable feather that reached the girdle so I returned it. My goal is to have an eye clean diamond with but my budget is tight.

Thanks guys

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys I'm trying to pick out an engagement ring right now. I was wondering if I could ask y'all's expert opinions on a diamond I found.

https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamonds-search/view_detail/6179609/

I've already ordered one diamond and it had a very visable feather that reached the girdle so I returned it. My goal is to have an eye clean diamond with but my budget is tight.

Thanks guys

We cannot discuss lab created stones (anything other than natural diamonds) on this board. There is a "lab created diamond" subform that might be able to help. You can request that the mods move your thread there.

sharptooth

Rough_Rock
Okay thanks. Hopefully this will get moved. I don't know how to request.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @sharptooth, I "reported" the thread to the mods in hope they will move for you. I just said "please move thread" as the reason of my concern.

I'm not offended by it but you may get more responses in the other forum.

Good luck! :cool2:

sharptooth

Rough_Rock
Hey @sharptooth, I "reported" the thread to the mods in hope they will move for you. I just said "please move thread" as the reason of my concern.

I'm not offended by it but you may get more responses in the other forum.

Good luck! :cool2:
Thank you!

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought lab grown diamonds were all flawless clarity?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A couple of points before it’s moved - no it doesn’t seem eye clean to me, looks grimy around the edges. Secondly, if you wait a month you could get a 1 carat diamond from light box for $800. Might be worth going a bit smaller for that price shift.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could do a more elaborate setting instead.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@scarsmum The $800 from lightbox is actually $900 because you need to buy it with a setting and the cheapest is $100, and I haven't been able to confirm if they are actually offering single 1 carat stones. The pendant only comes in half carat, and the 1 carat necklace is a halo so the center stone is not 1 carat. I am considering lightbox depending on a few things, but if they aren't offering 1 carat stones or at least .75 carat that I can have set into a solitaire ring, I probably won't be using them. I would love to hear that they will be offering the larger size as a single stone, but right now I'm doubtful.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@frogsplus there was a DeBeers announcement (owner of LightBox) that indicated they would be releasing 1 carat stones for $800 + (minimum) $100 setting costs. All this is preliminary as the announcement just came out a few weeks back and they will be rolling the smaller inventory to market first.

What remains to be seen is if the cut quality is any good. The announcement made it sound like DeBeer's was devaluing lab created diamonds by saying they were costume jewelry and would be marketed and priced as such.

If time is on the OP's side, I do think it's worth waiting as @scarsmum pointed out. I personally thought the linked lab created stone was hazy and it didn't make me go all gaga. Plus I'd have an issue paying $3k for a 1 carat stone to find one for $900 a few months later. And actually the $900 will be a few hundred more as you will have to dismantle the LightBox stone and reset into a permanent setting -- as LightBox will NOT sell the stones by themselves. Still that is about 1/3 the price and likely comparable or better quality than what was linked.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results