shape
carat
color
clarity

Eyecandy:Christie's Magnificent Jewels & HK Nov 2015 show

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, a couple of photos from the Hong Kong International Jewelry Manufacturers' Show. There were a lot of good deals, mostly in pearls and cheaper stones. It seemed prices were a bit cheaper than the same show last year. I overhead one vendor say that business was slow and that he had withdrawn from the Caribbean entirely. I only took a few photos because I went to see the Christie's Magnificent Jewels first and of course everything in the show then paled by comparison. Here are a couple of rings that did catch my eye: :naughty:
show1.jpg
show2_0.jpg

I also visited the viewing of Christie's Magnificent Jewels (auction will take place on Dec 1). I tried on the US$3m 5.22ct type IIa flawless fancy intense pink diamond ...I felt like a princess, or maybe J.Lo! Sadly they didn't allow me to take photos of the ring on my hand but I do have lots of other photos to share with you all.

My favorite pieces were the pink diamond ring, the "Blue Atlas" Kashmir sapphire ring, the "Dream of Columbia" emerald, the emerald earrings, and the "magnificent jadeite ring" (I couldn't take a good photo of it, only a blurry reflection, but seriously that jadeite in real life was like radioactive kryptonite!).

Photo dump follows (there are some repeats as for some pieces I took more than one photo but I know you all will forgive me :bigsmile: ). ENJOY and Happy Thanksgiving! :naughty:

christies2.jpg
christies3.jpg
christies4.jpg
christies5.jpg
christies6.jpg
christies7.jpg
christies8.jpg
christies9.jpg
christies10.jpg
christies11.jpg
christies12.jpg
christies13.jpg
christies14.jpg
christies15.jpg
christies16.jpg
christies17.jpg
christies18.jpg
christies19.jpg
christies20.jpg
christies21.jpg
christies22.jpg
christies23.jpg
christies24.jpg
christies25.jpg
christies26.jpg
christies28.jpg
christies29.jpg
christies30.jpg
christies31.jpg
christies32.jpg
christies33.jpg christies27.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Eyecandy: Christie's Magnificent Jewels & HK show (Nov '

WOW, thanks for all the lush eyecandy :love: :love: :love: some of those rings are amazing!!!!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Eyecandy:Christie's Magnificent Jewels & HK Nov 2015 sho

OMG :o

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you mochiko! LOVE all of it. Though I would have to pass on the earrings as they look way (weigh haha) too heavy for my earlobes. But those rings well I wouldn't kick any of those out of bed if you kwim. :love: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All of those jewels are amazing! :cheeky: Thanks for sharing pics!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I enjoyed those pictures--thanks!

cheers--Sharon

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much for sharing the experience!!! What a treat! :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, these pieces are spectacular - thank you so much for sharing the photos - I particularly adore that emerald(?) sugarloaf halo ring with marquises in the 2nd photo... sigh

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: :love: :love: Fabulous eye candy! Omg, that pink diamond ring, be still my heart…amazing pieces, thank you for the pics mochiko!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for sharing this fabulous eyecandy Mochiko. It must be a great experience to see it with your own eyes. I love the blue sapphires!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am definitely NOT going to miss the show and auction in 2017!!!

DK :))

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for posting. I enjoyed looking and these immensely!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock

I loved looking at your pics of these beautiful pieces. Thanks so much for posting!!! :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg those pieces are drool-worthy! :drool: So jealous you got to see them in person, but thrilled you shared these pics with us! Amazing!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Thank you taking so many beautiful photos and sharing them online. The jade looks like Krytonite :cheeky: .

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Mochiko, thank you so much for sharing such gorgeous pieces! :appl: Now I'm off to go back through all of the photos again! Love this thread with all of the eye candy! :dance:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

...I'll take one of those... and one of those...

Mochiko thanks for sharing the beauties from Hong Kong with us. :clap:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

To dream.... :love:

(What fun it must've been to see these IRL and actually try one on!! Thank you for bringing it to us)

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Stunning photos Mochiko, they are all gorgeous but those sapphires!!! :love: :love: :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Glad everyone could enjoy the pics and share the excitement! I'm STILL giddy from being able to try on the pink diamond ring - it's not everyday you can wear a ring that is worth more than your house!!
If you followed the results of the auction yesterday, you would have seen that the Crimson Flame (the ruby ring) went for US$18million.. I can't believe I standing less than 1/2 meter away from such an expensive ring.. :lol:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydemarco/2015/12/01/flaming-red-ruby-fetches-18-million-at-christies-hong-kong/

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All of the jewellery are magnificent too! :love: Thank you, Mochiko, for bring a little bit of the fabulous high-end jewellery here to CS.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WHOA! Let me just pick my jaw up off my desk :lol: Those are GORGEOUS! Whats that green glowing orb? is that a emerald?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock

Will someone please buy me the Crimson Flame for Christmas? I would settle for the smaller ruby in a pinch.

gayani1

Shiny_Rock

These are fantastic!! Thank you for sharing. :love: I always enjoy going through their catalogs. but your photos are more beautiful!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

gayani1|1474802987|4080520 said:
These are fantastic!! Thank you for sharing. :love: I always enjoy going through their catalogs. but your photos are more beautiful!

Thanks! I hope to be able to make it to this year's show but depends on my work schedule. :angel:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my god those RUBIES.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much for going, taking pictures and sharing them here! :D The "Dream of Colombia" ring stopped me in my tracks. That's my dream emerald! :lickout: And of course everything else looked awesome too. haha Thanks again!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock

Yes, thank you so much for sharing your pictures of the shows! How amazing to have been able to see those T.D.F. gems with your own eyes.
What were the specs on the Paraiba in the last picture? If you happen to recall.
Thanks again! :wavey:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

gemandjewelrylover|1474988044|4081252 said:
Yes, thank you so much for sharing your pictures of the shows! How amazing to have been able to see those T.D.F. gems with your own eyes.
What were the specs on the Paraiba in the last picture? If you happen to recall.
Thanks again! :wavey:

Here is the info from Christie's site. It sold for US$68k.

A TOURMALINE AND DIAMOND RING
Set with a pear-shaped paraiba tourmaline, weighing approximately 4.12 carats, within a circular-cut diamond surround, to the baguette-cut diamond half-hoop, mounted in platinum, ring size 6
Accompanied by report no. 81934 dated 25 September 2015 from the SSEF Swiss Gemmological Institute stating that the paraiba tourmaline is of Brazil origin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results