carat
color
clarity

Eye candy - it’s not mine

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8464CA2B-8BCE-476A-AA9A-7CA63227A2A1.jpeg

Just seen this beauty in the window of the antique shop my ring came from. 1920s Art Deco, looks like it’s in its original box.
I’d love it but we are saving for a bigger house in a nicer area and to get married of course!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! What an attractive design! How much was it, if you don't mind me asking? I could dive right into that diamond!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My fiancé bent down and looked at the tag (the price was written on the underneath side) and he said it was £22,000 :eek2: so quite a bit out of budget for a RHR. :lol-2: its 10x what my E-ring cost. :x2

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is lovely! Thanks for sharing. Do you think it is a trannie? Doesn’t quite look like an OEC to me.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is lovely! Thanks for sharing. Do you think it is a trannie? Doesn’t quite look like an OEC to me.

I'm not sure, I didn't manage to get all of the tag with the info in my photo. It was raining so we didn't linger! If it is still there when we go back to pick up my ring,
I'll check it out.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so beautiful! :love:

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium

It looks like a MRB to me, which would mean it’s a different stone or a recut. It’s absolutely gorgeous though.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting, if I had the spare £22K I would buy it to have it sent for analysis. And for a very extravagant RHR :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool ring! I have never seen a setting like that before. Art deco? What makes it spectacular is the proportions. Nice size baguettes and center diamond. Would be pretty with a center ruby too.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm going back on Saturday so I'll let you know more info if it's still there :cool2:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We went back to collect my ring, she said it was the original diamond. My partner spoke to her because I was still parking the car. He thinks it was a 1.55 or 1.85 carat diamond, she said an early RBC. G colour and in its original box. Late 1920s, early 1930s. And the jeweller was one of the most prestigious jewellers of Birmingham at the time Was from an estate sale and had one owner.
Shame we don't have £22K to spare. :lol:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh she also said it was very deeply cut and newer rbc are shallower

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results