shape
carat
color
clarity

Extreme Diamond Makeover!!! MY WF RECUT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 8:24:08 PM
Author: LostSapphire
FINALLY!!! *insert the hallelujah chorus here*

I am so, so pleased for you. Your wait for this stone has been excruciatingly, painfully, slow and torturous.

Thank you for posting the finished product. It is gorgeous.

LS
Your "help us cope" thread really did help LS! As did drooling over the pictures of your AMAZING masterpiece! You must have women grabbing at your hand all the time to take a closer look!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect transformation! Looks amazing.
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
So gorgeous - I really love the setting too!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MC and vespergirl!

The setting was from stuller, then I had a local jeweler shape it to match my band and thankfully he did a really good job! Then WF lowered it, which it REALLY needed!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
this is simply amazing.
Recuts are incredible

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 10:44:50 AM
Author: Kelli
Your ''help us cope'' thread really did help LS! As did drooling over the pictures of your AMAZING masterpiece! You must have women grabbing at your hand all the time to take a closer look!

emembarrassed.gif
aw shucks

LS

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sevens one!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
And BTW thank you for posting it in the eye candy thread!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Your recut is awesome Kelli!
36.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pictures of your re-cut, Kelli! Do you have any "before" pictures to show the comparison? What changes did you notice after the re-cut? Is it different in all types of lighting now than before? About what % difference would you say the re-cut is compared to the old ex/ex? I would just like to hear your opinion since you''ve had both in your posession.

Congrats to you and keep your sunglasses on!
9.gif

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Congrats!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning!
30.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelli, wowwe baby that is a gorgeous recut!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Love in Bloom, HaloAngel, gemgirl, vita*dolce and Skippy!

Venice, thanks to you too, and to answer your questions... I do have some pictures from before the re-cut, but the pics don''t really show much of the difference. It was really steep and deep before with a noticable ring of leakage, but in the pictures it was really lit up from behind so you couldn''t see that. It''s arrows were nice even before the recut too, so the pics don''t really show any difference. In real life, however, the sun wasn''t behind it all the time to cover up the leakage! If it had looked as nice IRL as it did in the pics I never would have had it recut. The changes really are just that there isn''t so much leakage, and it is DEFINITELY more sparkly now. In restaurants, I used to see sparkles coming from around the outsides of it, but see a dark dull spot in the middle, now there are just sparkles all through it. Also anywhere without overhead lighting there was a big dark center which is longer there, and it used to show more leakage with much less tilt than it does now. I think it''s more firey now too. It just kind of "lights up" on my hand now. Before it was pretty in some kinds of lighting, but not in others. Now it''s prettier no matter where I am. It also makes a lot of rainbows on my ceiling now when the sun comes in through the window! I will post before and after pics, I''m pretty sure you won''t see too much difference though!

Thanks again everyone!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''ll have to do the before and after pics later, the fiance wants some attention now
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful stone! Congratulations, sounds like you love it so much!!
1.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Kelli, Thank you for taking the time to write and explain what the differences are. I have always been curious to know what an ex/ex steep/deep looks like compared to an ACA. I wonder what GIA sees in those stones that we don''t see, ya know?

Enjoy your new sparkly and thanks again.
21.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It turned out fabulous! Congrats!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Burk and luvthemstrawberries! I do really love my stone now! I''ll post some pics now Venice. If you really really look, you can see that the inside area under the table is a smidge darker. IRL that showed up a LOT more than in the pics. This may take a few minutes but here ya go
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I just realized I can''t adjust the size of the pics on this computer (or I just don''t know how to) and my fiancee is studying for a MAJOR engineering test on our other one. He''ll probably be done studying when I get home from work tonight so I promise to post a few then. Sorry about that!
3.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWOWOWOWOWOW! You must be beyond thrilled! And your photography is AMAZING!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks AprilBaby! I am thrilled!

Here are some pics...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This was taken in the sun, notice around the edges it was really dark. In addidtion to being dark in the center, sometimes it would show a LOT of leakage around the edges, to the point where sometimes I''d do a double-take because it looked like there was a section missing.

old1sun.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
If you look carefully you can see the ring of leakage in the mirror, the dull grayish "loop" around the center. I almost always saw this. I actually had to hold it a specific way in order to NOT see it. You can also see how high up it used to be set. UGH!!

077mirror.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This one is still a really pretty picture, but you can see how the center is still slightly darker.

079yankee.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Same thing with this one

kellishand12.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
and this one

inkellishand1.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks coatimundi! I hope you''re looking at the first round of pics! These are actually the before ones. The pics don''t show the difference like I see IRL, but you can see it if you look really hard!

These are the new pics that I took, trying to get the same shots for more direct comparison. Notice the brighter centers.

213a1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results