shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Selection K Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
We ordered this stone yesterday, and picked it up at the fed ex station this morning. It''s a 0.948 carat Round Ideal Cut Diamond, from Whiteflash''s Expert Selection: Here are the specs:

Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.948
Color: K
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.7
Table: 56.3
Crown Angle: 34.2
Crown %: 14.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.27-6.30X3.88

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the first picture:

JellyKStone4Web.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I took this one myself through my idealscope and a loupe taped to my camera:

JellyKStoneIdealScope1.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Not bad for a K, huh?
1.gif

JellyKStone2Web.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Not a great hand shot. I''m presently wearing my .55 ACA, and the .94 K is next to it. Sorry so blurry and small!

JellyKStone3Web.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
This is WF's idealscope image...look at those beautiful arrows. I'm wondering how close it was to becoming an ACA.

ETA...strange no picture. hmm

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the stone faced down

JellyKStone6Web.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! What will you be doing with it????
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks very nice!!! Is this for an upgade or something else Jelly???

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ECF! I''m using it as an upgrade for my engagement ring. My first stone is an I and I wanted to see this K stone before changing my setting. It sparkles like mad!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, You hinted that you were working with WF too...what''s your story?!? Hmmmm????
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting. I will PM you with my details. Great pics btw!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I like the shot on your hand with your e-ring. So will you put this new one in your e-ring? (You said something about changing your setting?)

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Patty...When I said, change my setting, I meant change the head/prongs to fit the larger stone. Although I think this stone would look gorgeous in a solitaire! Hmmm.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 11:31:11 PM
Author: Jelly
Thanks Patty...When I said, change my setting, I meant change the head/prongs to fit the larger stone. Although I think this stone would look gorgeous in a solitaire! Hmmm.
No, it will look gorgeouser in your setting!
2.gif

Do you love it? Are you going to keep it?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m still test driving it out...but I''m 95% sure I will keep it. It faces up white and although it''s an SI1, I can''t see any inclusions with my loupe. Maybe I haven''t looked hard enough, hehe.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m having too much fun with the camera. Here''s a side view.

JellyStoneSideViewWeb.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a brother/sister shot of the two.

JellyDiamondsWeb.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heyyyyy....that's my pendant!!! HAAA! Well not really.
2.gif
But I figured if that stone was still there later this year then I would get it as a pendant....I absolutely LOVE that stone, it looks so beautiful from the numbers and images, it was a steal of a price for almost 1c, and WOW the actual thing looks even better!!

I hope you keep it because if I can't have it then another PS'er DEFINITELY should!!! Keep us posted and more pictures please!!
1.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
It looks yummy!! I think you should have more fun with your camera and treat us to the hearts view.
31.gif
30.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mara and Princess V!

Thanks for the compliments. Mara, I think we''ve both been scouting out this stone for quite a while. When they finally replaced the sample image of this stone, I knew I had to act on it quickly before Valentine''s Day. It''s a beautiful stone. Such a great value for the money. Perhaps I''m not very color sensitive, but the stone is so white and sparkly, I feel silly about how I was worrying about the low color.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Check out the hearts! I can''t tell you how much fun it is to have a loose stone to play with. Hours of entertainment!

JellyStoneHeartsWeb.jpg

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Jelly, that''s a beautiful stone and a great choice for an upgrade. I have a WF ES stone and I''d definitely go for another one next time round, they''re beautiful. Congratulations!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jelly~

Whoa! Incredible stone !
9.gif

Super amazing K!

Keep us updated with new pics!

Have a wonderful day!

35.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow that thing looks white!

Nice choice. I can''t wait to see pics once it''s mounted!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks VERY white and fabulous, Jelly. I didn''t think it would last til later this year but you never know!! However, the way the lower colors have started to fly around here, I''m really not surprised.

I don''t think you can go wrong with it, esp for the price! Can''t wait to see it set!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Jelly
36.gif
36.gif
wow how excited!!!
please show us after put to a setting
30.gif

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
that ''brother/sister'' shot makes the K look whiter than your other stone. Based on this alone, you should keep it!
If you can''t find inclusions even with your loop, then you should really keep it!
If Mara wanted it too, then you should really REALLY keep it!!

I can''t think of a better endorsement than the fact that the PS Queen had her eye one the same stone.

What are you going to do with your original?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I have a dilemna of deciding whether to keep my old stone or use it towards the price of this upgrade. I knew I might get sentimental about it...ARGH.

I showed my Mom the new stone and asked her what she thought about the two side to side. I didn''t tell her anything at first about the lower color, one grade down in clarity, ACA vs ES...She thought the K looked more sparkly!

I personally can see more warmth in the K versus the I, but it''s very subtle and you have to put them exactly next to each other. I''m Asian and have darker skin anyway, so the warmth doesn''t bother me. Unfortunately it was an overcast day, so I have yet to see this stone in direct sunlight! I need to make a trip to the mall because the lighting in there is fabulous for diamonds!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
More Pics:

JellyKStone7Web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results