carat
color
clarity

Expert please share me your thoughts on this diamond

vnwind

Rough_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, can any expert please give me a share thought on this diamond, is it price reasonable or I can do better?

Thank you

If you love this diamond, you might want to put a hold on it before someone scoops it up...

vnwind

Rough_Rock
it just fit my budget that is why I want to make sure

vnwind

Rough_Rock
The only thing that stops me from really pull the trigger is that it has a thin to the slightly thick faceted girdle. Hmm decision decision

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's ok - I would buy it before someone else does. It's a super-ideal, it's got all the light performance images to back it up, and a great upgrade policy. What's not to love?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thin to Slightly Thick is not an issue. It is the far extremes that can be an issue. If you are concerned I would ask to speak to the
gemologist.

Edit...I just checked both my Super Ideal stones (they are from different PS respected vendors), both are Thin to
Slightly Thick. Not an issue!

vnwind

Rough_Rock
thank you for everyone replies, going to buy it, hope my wife love it

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Exciting! Please post pics when the ring is done! I personally love the F VS2 combo-my emerald cut has the same color and clarity.

vnwind

Rough_Rock
Me too! Can't wait to get my hand on it and will surely post pictures.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have stated, you are good to go on the girdle thickness.

Extremely thin and very thin runs the risk of creating a knife edge and creating an easy break point. Thick, very thick and extremely thick is normally the result of a stone that is cut overly deep and hiding carat weight in the girdle.

To obtain ideal status, you need to stay within thin-slightly thick.

1621978140242.png

Additionally AGS and GIA measures girdle thickness different. AGS, as applicable here, measures the peaks & valley of the girdle. So you would expect to see a little more variation. GIA stones only measure the variation in the valleys, so less variation is typically seen on the reports.

Below is a picture unedited and also edited to show you what I mean.

girdle-inscription.jpg

Inkedgirdle-inscription_LI.jpg

More data here:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might add, CONGRATS!

You will make several people jealous. It's hard to find those 1.9x stones right below the 2 carat mark. The stone has amazing proportions and throws big fire as clearly evidenced in the videos. The H&A, ASET and IS images all look great as well.

No worries whatsoever. Plus F-VS2 to boot. Your wife is a lucky lady and should be through the roof!

Capture1908.PNG

vnwind

Rough_Rock
Thank you sledge, you are awesome

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you sledge, you are awesome

You’re very welcome. And thank you for the kind words. Wishing you and yours the best!

vnwind

Rough_Rock
WF sent me the photo today for the diamond and setting i chose. Does this looking like a 18K white gold setting? Somehow it looks yellow to me

Cadence-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_66016_66356_g (1).jpg Cadence-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_66016_66356_a.JPG

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly that thing is going to be a flashlight on the finger - very nice!

vnwind

Rough_Rock
So use my microscope to make sure the AGS number inscribed on the diamond, on the girdle like the certificate, nowhere to be found :(, anyone knows why?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes need 40x

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
So use my microscope to make sure the AGS number inscribed on the diamond, on the girdle like the certificate, nowhere to be found :(, anyone knows why?

It's there... check all sides. WF makes sure the AGS number is not covered by the setting/prongs. The numbers are hard to locate but they are there. I use my pocket microscope 60-120x.

vnwind

Rough_Rock
mine is 50x to 1000x

vnwind

Rough_Rock
It's there... check all sides. WF makes sure the AGS number is not covered by the setting/prongs. The numbers are hard to locate but they are there. I use my pocket microscope 60-120x.

ok i found it, woot , I was worry for a moment there. yes it is quite hard to see because of all the light reflection. Also it is not black letter like on white flash page
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-education/diamond-laser-inscription which makes it so hard to spot
Thank you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results